1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    They said there will be no limit break quest so I doubt that.
    Well sort of. There technically isn't any limit break quest but all 50+ content is locked to Ishgard access, including the new job quests so you could think of "Before the Dawn" as the limit break quest for all intents and purposes. I suppose you could level to 60 by just doing roulette but you wouldn't be able to buy any of the 50+ gear and you wouldn't have any of the new skills until you beat the 2.55 Story.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    Well sort of. There technically isn't any limit break quest but all 50+ content is locked to Ishgard access, including the new job quests so you could think of "Before the Dawn" as the limit break quest for all intents and purposes. I suppose you could level to 60 by just doing roulette but you wouldn't be able to buy any of the 50+ gear and you wouldn't have any of the new skills until you beat the 2.55 Story.
    I believe he was referring to the new job quests, as they start at lv. 50. Not quests in general.

I'm guessing those lv50 quests would give you lv50+ new AF armor.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Ah my bad misunderstood what he was asking about. Carry on.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Well if SE cock blocking the flying as mentioned earlier, it'll probably take at least 4-5 days for the first Lv60, then after that 1-2 days per character depending on how much... flying you need to do from place to place to get to a fate.

Many people got all lv 50's within a monthish back in 2.0 (Dow+dom) through the fate spam grind so I'm expecting about the same for Lv 50->60 through fates very quickly also. Although they could of upped dungeon EXP a ton so it sort of matches fate exping... or nerfed fate exp a ton to match dungeon exp... ya never know with them SE ninja nerfs.
    My sincere hope is that they nerfed 50+ FATE exp so bad that it forces people to use dungeons, but that's simply because I loathe FATE'ing for exp.

However, I acknowledge that some people before to exp in FATEs either because they can come and go as they please or whatever.

I DO hope that regardless of which way someone prefers to exp, the time invested = exp gained is very similar. In other words I hope an hour of dungeons is roughly equal to an hour of FATEs.

At launch, FATEs were so much faster that doing anything else felt like a waste of time and it was annoying.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Problem with nerfing FATEs is Duty Finder times for DPS aren't exactly going to be getting any better so an hour of dungeon exp for a tank or healer will be vastly different than an hour of dungeon exp for a DPS. FATEs were a nice alternative since you could join whenever you wanted and didn't rely on other people or strict party formation guidelines.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...t_nerfed_hard/

rip holy

Also here's the second adjusted Selene ability.
    Spoiler: show

there's DRG ones too now. I'll just link to this gal's twitter rather than posting them all. https://twitter.com/charmwitch

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    3% increase
    dudewhat

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

3% haste now instead of a separate 30% skillspeed or spellspeed. I guess they thought 30% skillspeed/spellspeed would be too strong or some shit idk it's SE

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Holy nerf. So they merged the two Selene buffs into 1?
    Wait... Flare was listed with the ability changes... was it nerfed as well?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

and made it affect autoattacks.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Flare got the holy nerf

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Holy nerf. So they merged the two Selene buffs into 1?
    Wait... Flare was listed with the ability changes... was it nerfed as well?
    Flare got the same thing, lower damage with more targets.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Guess they really don't want people doing speed runs unless they added more aoe options that we haven't seen yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wow, what happened to Bane then?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

RIP speedruns. Guess we get to "enjoy" the trash more.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah there basicslly nerfing everything high level players used to accomplish speed kills....

Back to the DET nerf if I may - this really fucks tank DPS hard. Especially warrior...DET is major piece of WAR DPS, and the skill speed buff doesn't seem like it will help that much. Fracture is already a TP sink so it can't be spammed -- really looking like they wanted to nerd tank and healer DPS in 3.0. Fucking lame.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Remains to be seen how much damage we'll lose on autoattacks from the DTM nerf. Unless the patch notes are incorrect, weaponskills and such are unaffected by this change and DTM is only less powerful for autoattacks. Also need to keep in mind that, unless the crit rate=crit dmg change lowers the standard 50% potency boost to something lower than 50 and it's not an actual buff but instead just making us work for what we've had for free this whole time, the crit rate buff from Deliverance and the overall increase in crit rate's power should be pretty nice for WAR's DPS.

PLD would suffer the most from this I think, but Sword Oath is being adjusted somehow so perhaps the potency bonus on autoattacks is being increased to compensate for the DTM change.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Have anyone seen if the new SMN AOE is under the same effects as flare and holy where the damage goes down with each mob?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well. Biggest chunk of WAR DPS is auto attacks (as with most DPS) - and as a MT WAR won't get to spend much time in Deliverance. PLD at least gets a DoT combo (right?) so they'll benefit more from SksSpd presumably .

But yeah, I could be overstating things, it remains to be seen...just seems like a pretty big nerf up front. Any job that has long auto attack delay (drg and war) benefits greatly from DET. Simple math

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast