1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 11 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 11 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Think you're vastly overestimating the effect this will have, especially when we how much of an effect there will even be.

Auto-attacks only look like they account for a lot of damage because WSs are all divided up individually.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    PLD would suffer the most from this I think, but Sword Oath is being adjusted somehow so perhaps the potency bonus on autoattacks is being increased to compensate for the DTM change.
    Only Shield Oath is getting adjusted according to the patch notes (adding the accuracy bonus no doubt). I'm not really too concerned with the DET change as a PLD but I do want to know how Shield Swipe got changed and what they meant exactly by "certain attributes no longer affect block and parry".

The adjustment to Shield Oath is probably just the ACC being added.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The ACC buff makes me wonder what they're implying with the new content.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sign View Post

RIP speedruns. Guess we get to "enjoy" the trash more.
    Kinda funny, we're going to feel weaker at 60 than we did at 50. Fire II was on the list of changes too and probably works similarly. BLM AoE damage output at 60 may well be less than it was at 50, which is disappointing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless the E3 playable version was wrong somehow, Fire II had it's MP cost reduced with no Flare/Holy type nerfs to it. Unless the guy who took the picture did it with UI3 on or something .

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I can only imagine his excuse "well the echo got taken away so you're just a worthless piece of shit now, pls look forward to licking the shit berries from my unshaven ass".

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

It's also possible that Fire IV and Blizzard IV deal AoE damage and Flare got nerfed to compensate, but that could be entirely too optimistic given SE's track record of balance in games like this.

Think it's pretty obvious they're just nerfing magic AoEs across the board to curb mass pulling.

That said it's still going to be perfectly viable, shit just won't melt instantly anymore.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

The longer SE can make a dungeon last the further they can stretch the content, which by the look of it at 60 we'll have two dungeons to farm and nothing else. (expert roulette lists only two???) The longer a farm run takes the longer it takes to gear up. Nerf AoE and add walls everywhere inside and you have some slow dungeons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just replace BLM with DRG and/or BRD. With all the buffs those two are getting their AoE damage will only get better.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

To be fair, the game is more balanced than XI ever has been, but it's at the cost of uniqueness and a less-than-exciting metagame.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Thinking the flare and holy nerfs are mostly toward rmt that will most likely not be buying the expansion to "dungeon farm gil". Considering the skill set at Lv 60's, flare/holy nerfs will probably be balanced out with the other damage + gear or something maybe.

Then again, tera did the same thing so people can't drag entire instances and have people blow everything up haha.

and speaking of fates earlier, yeah people hated it back in 2.0, especially PS3 people they couldn't see anything/lagged to death... so they couldn't join the exp train zerg rush, that and some people found it boring. But it is by far, the fastest lvling method the game has, although it may seem boring for some it is obscene lvling that far out paces any other way of lvling in the game. SE may have adjusted it who knows.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The main obstacle for FATE grinding on your first job is being unable to reach some of them and having to unlock zones and areas through the MSQ.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    To be fair, the game is more balanced than XI ever has been, but it's at the cost of uniqueness and a less-than-exciting metagame.
    Balance will forever lean towards homogenized characteristics, while uniqueness will lean towards unbalance. Sucks, but it is how it is. I'd rather a balanced game where I can play what I want and not feel like I'm waiting for said job to become the flavor of the month/year/patch so that its accepted by the community.

I played Blue Mage.

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Balance will forever lean towards homogenized characteristics, while uniqueness will lean towards unbalance. Sucks, but it is how it is. I'd rather a balanced game where I can play what I want and not feel like I'm waiting for said job to become the flavor of the month/year/patch so that its accepted by the community.

I played Blue Mage.
    I do have to agree about that.

Part of me is glad that every job is completely viable in everything. That to me is pretty amazing. I like the feeling that each job is close to equally inclusive, even if that means there's a bit of homogenizing going on.

The "Exclusive Special Job Club" type mentality like in FFXI, where some jobs were so incredibly niched to the point sillyness, or just plain completely outdone by other jobs that are supposed to do the same thing was frankly kinda tiring and discouraging? I wouldn't mind moving on from that.

I can understand the want for more unique and more emphasized differences, but at what cost does that come with?

It's a very fine line that can really become a huge mess, but I'd like to think FFXIV is doing a pretty okay job so far keeping everything fairly balanced, which in the long run, feels like a better thing to me.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In both XI and XIV people cried in rage when Tanaka threw out the word "Balance", now that he's gone and Yoshi is handing out the balance everyone is sucking Balance's dick and praising it.

Spoiler: show
    I know they're different kinds of balance

I'm okay with one job not being as good as another (to a reasonable extent, which I admit XI did not have) so long as they're fun to play in their own right. Even though SMN in XI sucked hard for most of its life or had very niche roles, I still enjoyed playing it more than I ever got out of SMN in XIV. Same could be said for THF really.

I can understand the want for more unique and more emphasized differences, but at what cost does that come with?
    I think it would have to compare what is lost due to Balance and what is lost due to Variety. Everyone would weigh in on it differently, but my opinion would be "Go with what is more fun", but since fun is subjective, so too would be the answer.

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Fair enough!

I wonder if there'll be some way for there to be a point of satisfaction for everyone? Kind of like how there's going to be Alexander Normal and Hard modes, with the increased difficulty + better reward catering to the hard-core folk.

I wouldn't want to be the one to have to balance the actual job gameplay, haha.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rionel View Post
    Fair enough!

I wonder if there'll be some way for there to be a point of satisfaction for everyone? Kind of like how there's going to be Alexander Normal and Hard modes, with the increased difficulty + better reward catering to the hard-core folk.

I wouldn't want to be the one to have to balance the actual job gameplay, haha.
    Probably no good middle ground for a lot of folks, Balancing gameplay is no easy task, even if the jobs are relatively balanced too (like how some fights are real hard on BLM or SMN, requiring lots of movement or burst damage respectively).

I acknowledge it being the best choice they could have made to make the game work without having to worry about constant rebalancing issues, and I actually think after reading some of these abilities that gameplay will change a bit for a few jobs (though the core will remain the same), SMN looks like its stepping up a bit and I like that...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Should be interesting, just straight out of the gate to test smn damage and see what the changes to secondaries has done.