1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 5 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 4 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

636 on my first SA1 clear. How does that fare?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    There are two conditions to use fracture, triple fell cleave opener and when it presents itself to you again, and any downtime you might have on a boss target due to jump or handling mechanics or whatever.

You can run a parse yourself give it about ~5min and see that it should output less damage when used; 100% up time no clipping, during berserk only before it wears off or sometime before your next combo, and not using it at all. You should see that when it isn't used at all is when your DPS should be the highest (970~1k)
    I could be wrong but unless they fixed ACT and FFXIV APP. I was under the impression that parsers didn't accurately calculate DoTs.

Hrm so...

300 potency for 80 tp (if tp is an issue) and no stack
    vs starting your next combo, and therefore being 1 gcd faster to a fell cleave. It would feel to me then that the average combo without multipliers for a war(since things like maim, etc effect all damage), and that since regardless you will always keep maim/eye up-- that the debate is between your BB combo and fracture. So then in the course of a fight if you fracture say, 10 times (Alex 1 savage) is that worth it? 9 being the amount of gcds it would take to get a full stack of wrath from 0 and also spend it on a fell cleave and then finish your combo.

150/200/280
    150/200/280
    150/200/500/280

Not scientific of course, since you will time your burst with zerk and the such, but is it better? Yeah--2390 vs 2700 (this really does not need to be mathed, its just nice to see). So using 9 gcds for fracture would cost you a fell cleave in a fight, but would result in nearly one extra fell cleaves worth of damage over time--nifty.

So its always a good idea to fit in a fracture at the end of every few combos to keep it going.

Note: someone in my fc said that slashing debuffs do not effect dots--is that true? A quick test on a dummy seemed to imply it did.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Faytte View Post
    Note: someone in my fc said that slashing debuffs do not effect dots--is that true? A quick test on a dummy seemed to imply it did.
    This is true. It'll affect Fracture's initial damage but not the DoT itself.

Ah if thats true, then assuming
    maim
    deliverance
    storms eye

ignoring fracture for bb combos 1 a fell cleave is 2390 base potency, * 1.20 *1.05 * 1.10=3312.54 total potency
    fracture is 1/3 effect and 2/3 not effected (100 potency direct, 200 over time) so:
    Direct Damage: 900 * 1.20 * 1.05 * 1.10=1247.4 potency
    DoT Damage: 1800 * 1.20 * 1.05 = 2268

3515.4 total.

Well now, the differences are far tighter at 3515 vs 3312. In fact, if you are about to finish a berserk, then finishing butchers block would take a priority over fracture (BB 280 base alone exceeds fractures raw damage with the addition of storms eye). I imagine including other cds push things further away from fractures favor, making fracture a either something you pop at the end of a burst window when you cant complete another combo or something to maintain outside of cds as a viable dps increase (albeit, a very very small one. The above is the the difference between 9 fractures and simply ignoring it, and the difference is a whopping 200 potency).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Like I said before, my main reason for Fracture was that it helps line up the second Berserk almost perfectly with 4 stacks after Heavy Swing, otherwise you either have to wait 5 seconds doing nothing or use another Fell Cleave and see Berserk ready to go for another 15 seconds before you can use it again. It's gonna go out of whack once I get that massive skill speed bump from the weapon though.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaudant View Post
    Like I said before, my main reason for Fracture was that it helps line up the second Berserk almost perfectly with 4 stacks after Heavy Swing, otherwise you either have to wait 5 seconds doing nothing or use another Fell Cleave and see Berserk ready to go for another 15 seconds before you can use it again. It's gonna go out of whack once I get that massive skill speed bump from the weapon though.
    Skill speed scales like crap now. The Axe SS won't change much of anything.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Here's another one for my warbros. A2 Savage.

https://youtu.be/YUnLg_ZPmeI

2 man turn 6- War and Pal

Not really Heavensward, but our expansion skills obviously were huge in this. Dat Decimate..

When do you guys use Berserk in SA2? I've been using it in Wave 2 and then again in Wave 4 when it comes up, but wondering if it would be better opening with it then using it in Wave 3 and 5. Problem is that it looks like I need Defiance in Wave 5.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Abbul Stonecleaver View Post
    https://youtu.be/YUnLg_ZPmeI

2 man turn 6- War and Pal

Not really Heavensward, but our expansion skills obviously were huge in this. Dat Decimate..
    WAR and PLD in particular got a lot of skills that are effective for solo/duo battles like these. Their cooldowns lower the damage rate enough that their healing skills are good enough to handle any tank busting attacks, and PLD in particular has enough MP generation skills to make Clemency reliable if one decides to be OT.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I posted a kill vid in the Alexander thread last night you could see when I Zerk... I actually Zerk in waves 2 and then save it for 5 for Defiance + Unchained. I Zerk+potion during the 4 Jagds wave... I think there's still some optimizing I could do with the turn. After watching myself I saw some small tweaks I could make.

It's also going to depend on the strategy your group employs...

Quote Originally Posted by Abbul Stonecleaver View Post
    636 on my first SA1 clear. How does that fare?
    I believe that 636 is pretty average right now in current gear for a good warrior.
    my very first clear i was at 649 maintaining storms eye's up time.

Now on your second and upcoming weeks optimize deliverance and try to push more. I Tried my best this week and not to toot
    my own horn but i ended up with 779 DPS. I'm not sure yet but i believe i have the highest DPS output from a warrior right now in the second week.
    http://puu.sh/jh0Xo/bc09707b3d.png
    Edit: Oppressor does not have deaths because i ended parse before as cut scene was happening apologize for that.

I have been unable to find any other warriors parsing higher, mainly because alot of them play safe and use defiance quite often when i pretty much only switch for Plasma
    on the first and 3rd i don't come out because i optimize homlgang to keep up-time on deliverance

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlazed View Post
    I believe that 636 is pretty average right now in current gear for a good warrior.

Now on your second and upcoming weeks optimize deliverance and try to push more. I Tried my best this week and not to toot
    my own horn but i ended up with 779 DPS. I'm not sure yet but i believe i have the highest DPS output from a warrior right now in the second week.
    Edit: Oppressor does not have deaths because i ended parse before as cut scene was happening apologize for that.

I have been unable to find any other warriors parsing higher, mainly because alot of them play safe and use defiance quite often when i pretty much only switch for Plasma
    on the first and 3rd i don't come out because i optimize homlgang to keep up-time on deliverance
    Well clearly helps that both healers are pretty much full time healing, I know I can't stay in deliverance almost at all in that fight since both our healers are dpsing, ends up being overall increase on party dps as well

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlazed View Post

Well I hate to disappoint you but:

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    Well I hate to disappoint you but:

Excellent, i like competition lol beat by 4 DPS.
    No disappointment... thanks for responding i have a target to beat now :D

Great job BTW, any warrior getting over 750 is pretty button mashing.
    /salute Sir

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Actually, it's 5.64 DPS, but who's counting? >.>

Thanks ^^;; very close lol.

Check in for A2S then we'll talk.

Actually, it's 5.64 DPS, but who's counting? >.>

Thanks ^^;; very close lol.

Check in for A2S then we'll talk.
    Now you knows whats funny...... just did my run for the week and i got this as DPS lmao

i was so pissed thats like 1 hit to beat you

http://puu.sh/jijjl/bb4b719864.png

Now you knows whats funny...... just did my run for the week and i got this as DPS lmao

i was so pissed thats like 1 hit to beat you

http://puu.sh/jijjl/bb4b719864.png

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That feel when i'm 150+ more than your blm and we still can't clear rofl