1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -28 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So... Just to be sure and clear any doubts. Even thinking myself that it isnt BiS, Esoterics weapon as 1st ítem to buy, right? Considering that you are raiding Alex Savage.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes. Weapon is the first thing you should buy. Weapon Damage trumps all.

@Abbul - I pop ToB + Conv before the split to make heals easier because I MT the entire first phase. Also, Equilibrium has such a short recast that you should use it generously; it's an "oh shit" button.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting Prey as a tank if your healers are competent.. it's the easiest scenario for them to heal through because you're already their primary healing target and you have the most defense in the party. I honestly never pop cooldowns specifically for Prey unless absolutely necessary because tank buster is so soon afterward.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Have any weightings been confirmed/hypothesised for weapon damage at 60? I assume it's still the best upgrade available, but given the changes to the scaling of other stats, I can't help but feel that 1 WD = 8 STR (or whatever it was) is wishful thinking.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by KCem View Post
    Have any weightings been confirmed/hypothesised for weapon damage at 60? I assume it's still the best upgrade available, but given the changes to the scaling of other stats, I can't help but feel that 1 WD = 8 STR (or whatever it was) is wishful thinking.

Weapon damage is better then it was before. DRG forums estimate 1 WD = 10.5 STR now. Also with the increased scale of secondaries they are a non factor for now. ilvl trumps secondaries.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Dervy has the following weights listed on his DRG thread

Dragoon Weights - 22/07/2015
    WD: 10.625
    STR: 1
    DET: 0.139
    CRT: 0.162
    SS: 0.104

His previous weight for WD was 6.84 or something around there. Seems ridiculously high to me but I'm not afraid to admit this guy is clearly much smarter than I am when it comes to XIVs damage formulae.

Edit: Sat on this post for 15 min before hitting submit and didn't check if someone had already replied. Cheers Taint!

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Whenever I see the weighting, it always makes me laugh that so many people don't use melded accessories. At current weighting it's basically the difference between using an i135 weapon and using an i190 weapon.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They're obnoxiously strong. With secondary stat weights as low as they are, you get better overall stats from melded i150 (145 VIT, 155 STR, 205-214 secondary) than from a mix of i210 (147 VIT, 94 STR or 98 VIT, 141 STR, 370 secondary).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Whenever I see the weighting, it always makes me laugh that so many people don't use melded accessories. At current weighting it's basically the difference between using an i135 weapon and using an i190 weapon.
    I use penta melded accessories and I can easily see why so many people don't use them. If it weren't for some serious pre-emptive purchasing crafting and melding a set of these would have cost me millions (though in my case I actually profited big time from the leftover pre-bought materia rofl)... surprisingly enough a lot of people don't have 100k to their name, let alone a few mil. Secondly, it's a bit of a misrepresentation to weigh VIT equally with STR... an i160 STR ring is arguably "better" than a melded ring provided you can just as reliably survive whatever content you are doing.

Personally, I enjoy rocking 21k+ hp when needed in Defiance while still having considerable damage output but I still think I'd have replaced at least a few of them with slaying rings by time SE implements accessories with an ilvl high enough to outweigh them by your standards.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The thing is, there are cheap options to melding them too. You can get STR accs and just put on the 3x VIT4 leaving slot 4/5 untouched (100% > 29% > 16% I think). Or you can do 2x VIT4 (100% > 29%) and 3x VIT3 (Shiity percentages but they are like 2-4k per materia on my server at least)

Not being able to afford is a cop out. I earned 6m just on the grind from 50 > 60 without even trying to make gil. Or you can go farm shit. I went and killed Wyverns whilst waiting on PvP queue pops (5-20 mins per pop). By the time I'd done 3 matches I had 500k worth of mats to sell. They had all sold by the time I was out of the next PvP match.

People will happily go spend hours grinding dungeons for tomestone items but won't spend that same time farming gil for a better item. Shit doesn't make sense to me.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Let's talk Warrior (3.0 Heavensward Discussion) - Future Fell Cleave e-peen t...

Except they're not even remotely close to required for anything unless you want to kill A3S before next week. The gil to me outweighs using them for 1 week. Already killed A1 and A2S last week PLD+DRK with no melded accessories and having a WAR in place of one of those is already a huge DPS increase even full VIT acc. It's just a total waste unless you're either a world first competition group or want to wave your dick around.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They're not close to required but it's just weird logic to me. People will spam Alexander for optimal drop order or grind tomestones for better gear. But won't spend less time to get an item that is better than what they just grinded for because it involves gil.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They're not close to required but it's just weird logic to me. People will spam Alexander for optimal drop order or grind tomestones for better gear. But won't spend less time to get an item that is better than what they just grinded for because it involves gil.

That's how I see it. Although I penta melded mine right away when Materia was cheap. Gil rains from the sky and there is very little to spend it on. Every time you move onto a new Raid floor they are useful. People not going for world first have more reason to play it safer with i150s since they will have a couple weeks worth of left side gear to overcome the DPS checks. Every time a raider puts on a VIT accessory if could have been replaced with a pair of i150s for a net STR gain. (40str/40vit vs 62str/48vit in my case 62/58 max vit)

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah the way I see it is this

People are willing to spend hours in Alexander Normal to get drops which will be replaced, are not required to clear and are a lesser upgrade.

People are unwilling to invest less time to farm gil for an item which is arguably best in slot so will not be be replaced until better equipment is released and is a larger upgrade.

Maybe not everyone sees it that way, it's just how I see it and it's why it baffles me. But on the plus side, the less people using them the cheaper they are to make.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Because I like fighting mobs more than I like fighting the Korean RNG % trying to socket something with something else. I like to fight penalized things, not RNG, and if I have to fight RNG, at least let it come after I've killed the mob and am sifting through its guts for loot. Just a personal thing.

If anything, melders should be picketing all of the idiots screaming about how useless crafting is in the game. Crafters have a role: melding shit for those who want to meld.

Edit: If I want BiS for years and years, I'll play XI. The servers are still running.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Question. If foresight is actually 6%.. Why tool tip say 20%? I've been using this (war53) and I'm not seeing any difference.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Udo Kaputnik
    FFXIV Server
    Phoenix
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Balnazzar

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    Question. If foresight is actually 6%.. Why tool tip say 20%? I've been using this (war53) and I'm not seeing any difference.
    + 20% to your DEFENSE STAT is rougly -6% physical damage taken.
    Might be slighly more or less in 3.0 but still weak.

What Eso purchase order are you guys going for after weapon?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Let's talk Warrior (3.0 Heavensward Discussion) - Future Fell Cleave e-peen t...

I'm going for this: http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/R76E

So I'd have to buy head/hands/feet only (after obvious weapon purchase).

Already got the accessories and the weapon so I guess if I am looking to maximize I'd go: hands (to add skillspeed for 9-hit) > head (add crit) > feet (add det).

If you need accuracy first, do feet > hands > head.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Eso planning is super simple this patch. Just avoid parry where possible and you'll be BIS with an overdose of accuracy to help you optimise far easier come i220+ gear.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Overdose is an understatement; more like saturation.