1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's not that you needed to hit a speed number. You needed a certain number over your base. Which I think is still more than before, obviously.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

According to math, GCD recast/cast time is something like 3 times less affected by Skill/Spell Speed in 3.0.

It's not a patch change it's a level change.

The equations for all secondary stats change based on level because the base amount we have changes as well as the amounts we get on gear, if they didn't our GCD would just get lower and lower and our crit/parry rates would just perpetually get higher and higher.

At 50 10 speed = .1s, just have to figure the new ratio for 60.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah I just meant to magnify what Seravi was saying. At level 60 you need even more skill speed above your base to reach the same thresholds at level 50.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Let's talk Warrior (3.0 Heavensward Discussion) - Future Fell Cleave e-peen t...

Edit: wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    Yeah I just meant to magnify what Seravi was saying. At level 60 you need even more skill speed above your base to reach the same thresholds at level 50.
    It's between 542 and 579, haven't narrowed down the exact number yet. Near 579 allows you a bit of leeway of always being perfect and still being able to get the third FC off, while I think 542 it's still possible but it's very, very tight.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

What rotation are you guys doing to get the three FCs in one Berserk? I've tried a few different ones and I can do it sometimes but I have a hard time doing it consistently.

You need to have stacks before using Berserk to get 3 in.

Use Berserk at 4 stacks, have an actual Wrath granting GCD prepped, use FC, Infuriate, FC, previously mentioned Wrath Granting GCD (preferable Maim or Skull Sunder), weave Vengeance/Raw Intuition.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ That's what I've been doing. If all goes well, you should have about 2 seconds left to dump a zerked fracture before sated hits.

Any WARs parsing consistently over 1k on a dummy in a 3 minute parse? I know some DPS have been able to hit 1.2k-1.3k consistently on a dummy.

I'm starting to wonder if holding every berserk/infuriate CD is the best approach now to align it with infuriate/berserk for getting constant triple fell cleaves, but I think it depends on how much downtime is in the fight and if you anticipate a boss invuln/jump.

"Real" Berserk/Infuriate usage is always going to be reliant on specific fight timings. In this sense, parsing on a dummy is never representative of an actual encounter.

I can't imagine that saving Berserk/Infuriate until Vengeance has 15s left on CD is good(105s since last used or about 130s into the parse) because you really are sitting there waiting for it. You can get 3 FC's off without Vengeance depending on your skill speed. Every time I parse for "3 minutes" while doing this, I'm getting a huge spike and then as I get closer to 3 minutes the DPS settles back towards what it generally should be.

That said, 3 minute parses are kind of dumb for a ton of reasons. We have methods to regenerate our resource now. There's no reason we shouldn't be doing 500K parses and assessing from there.

I couldn't agree with you more that dummy parses are not a gospel to follow as every fight is going to have different optimizations in order to have the highest PPS and it'll vary by where your raid DPS is. I've actually already made 5 different openers and different priority structures because of this. . .

In response to your vengeance comment I'm not sure where that is coming from as I did not suggest that but I think you're neglecting Raw Intuition and berserk sharing the same CD for whatever purpose you're trying to do. (Probably to be able to get the fracture off during the berserk as well I would imagine)
    edit: I think double burning CDS later on in a fight would not be the best thing to do depending on the mechanics though, you'll probably need vengeance. If that's what you were aiming for? But this is a matter of opinion

Dummy parses not being 100% relevant aside, I would like to think that it's a half decent base for seeing what type of DPS is sustainable and a base point for comparing one WAR to another to see if its a rotation, execution, or just dumb lucky with crits matter. I don't think a 500k parse would be too accurate because that's based on the assumption of zero down time in a fight which is unlikely which is why imo anything past 3 minutes becomes a bit sketchy. Ravana extreme is a great example with all the jumps/invul timings rendering berserk useless to use on CD and wasting a lot of it. Although for fight like avatar etc yeah it'd be a pretty accurate number.

Right, Vengeance isn't necessary, just an example. You're still holding Infuriate for 30s if you want it to somewhat line-up. If you don't save, every third lines up.

---

500K is a measure of accuracy and legitimacy. While it does measure how fast you can do 500K damage (or replace 500K with any number, whatever) the intention is to measure consistency.

You can basically say, "I did a 3 minute parse where I did 841DPS but I also crit EVERY Fell Cleave so it's obviously not accurate, what do you think?" or you can say, "I did a 3 minute parse where I did 841DPS, get gud scrub".

3 minutes has been the "standard" in FFXIV for awhile primarily due to TP. Some folks try to do 5 minutes, but 3 is pretty clean, and it's when you start running into TP issues if it's 2.0/2.1/2.2.

The problem with this is that it's basically a measure of how good your damage up buffs are. Your opening burst when everything is lined up/all oGCD are ready weighs so much in 3 minutes that it's a really poor way of parsing. It's hard to compare it to other games because the buffs matter so much for every class.

If we say I'm doing 800DPS, that means a 3 minute parse consists of 144,000 damage. I've used Berserk twice, if I don't crit any Berserk Fell Cleaves, I'm probably looking at 26,000 damage dealt EACH Berserk cycle, and if I crit every Fell Cleave I'm looking at 33,000 damage dealt EACH Berserk cycle.

On one end, Berserk accounts for 37% of my damage dealt while on the other, Berserk accounts for 46% of my damage dealt. Going for longer than 3 minutes does a better job of normalizing these figures.

Also, after a ton of parses, Fell Cleave accounts for between 23-25% of our damage which only further reinforces how burst dependent Warrior is and how bad a short parse is for accurately reflecting an average DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    Right, Vengeance isn't necessary, just an example. You're still holding Infuriate for 30s if you want it to somewhat line-up. If you don't save, every third lines up.

No you're not unless you're popping berserk and infuriate at the same time, which I would highly recommend against.

edit: Well I suppose this varies on how you do the initial pull with infuriate.

Because it's still really easy to steal threat, I usually do the following in a real pull:

Code:
    Heavy Swing -> Brutal Swing + Maim -> Storms Path -> Fracture -> Heavy Swing -> Maim -> Storms Eye -> Heavy Swing -> Internal Release + Berserk + Fell Cleave -> Infuriate + Fell Cleave ->
    On a dummy, I just change the rotation a bit while making Fell Cleave occur at the same point.

This puts Infuriate back up 30s prior to Berserk, and give or take where you're at in the rotation you may need to hold it for a few seconds so you don't use it with like 3 stacks and waste it.

Edit: Vengeance is used mainly to get the Fracture in at the end. If there's a better way, I'm all ears. This lets the Paladin not get threat ripped immediately though, and I don't MT on Warrior.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Raw Intuition crit heals are dead, Jim.

・An issue wherein the warrior action "Raw Intuition" would cause the user to receive critical heals as well.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Raw Intuition crit heals are dead, Jim.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Fucking RIP. Here I was thinking it was a decent fail-safe for getting your shit pushed in on all sides. *Sigh*

Solod Ifrit HM.

Was easier than I thought it'd be.

Killed 2 nails, Hellfire only hit for 6800.

Started off in Defiance fulltime to be on the safe side but after HF I realized I didn't really need it, can probably spend most of the fight in Deliverance and just swap for Equilibrium heals and an IB or two if necessary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast