1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ceelo187 View Post
    How what you do that for cross bar on controller?
    My two macros for Defiance/Deliverance basically switch IB/Fell Cleave and Steel Cyclone/Decimate as mentioned above

/micon "Defiance"
    /ac "Defiance" <me>
    /crosshotbar set "Inner Beast" 1 LDR
    /crosshotbar set "Steel Cyclone" 1 LDL

/micon "Deliverance"
    /ac "Deliverance" <me>
    /crosshotbar set "Fell Cleave" 1 LDR
    /crosshotbar set "Decimate" 1 LDL

the first number is the pallete and LDR/LDL are the triggers/buttons it's linked to.

It has only failed me once so far.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

i don't like toggling hotbars with defiance/deliverance because 1. i have no hotbars left for that and 2. if i ever press the deliverance/defiance hotkey more than once im fucked. it's not that i mash, it's that if there's something that will fuck me up if i mash it, i will probably have an urge to press that button multiple times for some reason.

anyway, is fracture a dps loss in deliverance now? the way i looked at it, it doesn't seem like it would be, but someone prove my napkin math wrong

fell cleave=500 potency
    average warrior potency without fracture/path combo=206.7 rounded
    net potency gain from fell cleave - 293.3
    average gcds to build a fell cleave - 7.5 i think?
    average potency per gcd that works towards building fell cleave - 39.107 rounded

so effectively you lose 39.1 potency in abandon if you fracture, but gain potency from its higher potency overall compared to the average potency per gcd warrior has without it. this doesn't take to account the crit bonus from abandon, or how fracture actually compares after slash debuff difference is factored in (since only 1/3rd of fracture's potency gets a bonus from slash debuff..)

or something...

Well Fell Cleave is now Warrior's second biggest source of damage, first being autoattacks; I never really used fracture as much on Warrior before other than when buffed due to the TP, but after I got to 60 I felt like building to the Fell Cleave was better, haven't really mathed it out, I've hit the dummies like twice since I hit 60, haven't really done any serious parsing on dummies since I dont really care about those.

You can't actually toggle Defiance/Deliverance so mashing it wouldn't make a difference.

Edit: I wish something came of that WoWLogs/WildstarLogs type site for FFXIV, it'd be easier to illustrate some things about Fell Cleave/Berserk, as well as just being an amazing tool for raid analysis and the like.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

honestly i've just been using fracture to set up for easy double/triple fell cleaves without wasting too many abandon stacks or waiting on berserk cd for too long

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    You can't actually toggle Defiance/Deliverance so mashing it wouldn't make a difference.

Edit: I wish something came of that WoWLogs/WildstarLogs type site for FFXIV, it'd be easier to illustrate some things about Fell Cleave/Berserk, as well as just being an amazing tool for raid analysis and the like.
    http://www.fflogs.com/
    Hasn't been much visible progress in a while though.

Right, so I wish something came of it

Edit: Tried making character linked to Lodestone, new guild, etc, none of that even works.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Aiurily View Post
    i don't like toggling hotbars with defiance/deliverance because 1. i have no hotbars left for that and 2. if i ever press the deliverance/defiance hotkey more than once im fucked. it's not that i mash, it's that if there's something that will fuck me up if i mash it, i will probably have an urge to press that button multiple times for some reason.

anyway, is fracture a dps loss in deliverance now? the way i looked at it, it doesn't seem like it would be, but someone prove my napkin math wrong

fell cleave=500 potency
    average warrior potency without fracture/path combo=206.7 rounded
    net potency gain from fell cleave - 293.3
    average gcds to build a fell cleave - 7.5 i think?
    average potency per gcd that works towards building fell cleave - 39.107 rounded

so effectively you lose 39.1 potency in abandon if you fracture, but gain potency from its higher potency overall compared to the average potency per gcd warrior has without it. this doesn't take to account the crit bonus from abandon, or how fracture actually compares after slash debuff difference is factored in (since only 1/3rd of fracture's potency gets a bonus from slash debuff..)

or something...
    i found that trying to figure out fracture vs inner beast/wrath is a nebulous exercise even at best. my gut instinct is to just ignore fracture for the time being. really surprised they haven't buffed it yet.

Fracture is 100 more potency/GCD than your normal combos.

Not using it is ridiculous, it's damage that keeps ticking when you're pacified, when you're not hitting the mob (mechanics, multiple targets, etc) and can be applied to multiple targets.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Proper use of Fracture:

Internal Release + Multiple stacks of Abandon > Fracture everything.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    it's damage that keeps ticking when you're pacified, when you're not hitting the mob (mechanics, multiple targets, etc) and can be applied to multiple targets.
    None of this really matters. The only difference between Fracture and any other skill is that Fracture's damage isn't front-loaded (and obviously, Fracture isn't part of a combo so it can be spammed). Whether it happens all at once or over time is irrelevant when considering when to use it. The ticks aren't extra damage.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    Proper use of Fracture:

Internal Release + Multiple stacks of Abandon > Fracture everything.
    Just use infuriate and dot everything with berserk and internal release up and then use fell cleave when you're about 1s left on berserk and then just disengage and go do something else for the next 60s

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I know it won't happen, but I'm hoping they adjust our Enhanced Fracture trait to increase the DoT potency in addition to what it already does to duration so that it's more in line with Goring Blade and Scourge. 15 or 20 extra potency per tic would be nice, and attaching it to the trait means other jobs can't crossclass it at such potency.

I don't think we need anything changed, personally. I just want to see gear itemization that isn't full of garbage time stats.

I am curious to see if Foresight is still worthless, or if the changes to Defense weren't as drastic as the rest of the combat stats.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Foresight will forever be worthless until they make the logical change to defense that when you achieve x-amount of defense over a targets attack you gain several DT-% mitigation values. Defense at its core is a very poorly designed stat to the point where you could almost ignore right out that it's apart of the game. I'm fairly certain monsters defense values don't mean anything to our attack or whatever as you're always going to be hitting harder because of stat growth and not because your level is several under a target. See Odin fate for that wonderful example that you could take hit your max from any content and do the same thing on him when he was 58~60.

If Defense wasn't changed at all, instead of a ~5.7% reduction in physical damage received, you'd be looking at ~10%. More later with better gear. If changes to Defense were in line with everything else, then sure, it'd still be worthless and need to be stacked and not relied on. If changes to Defense weren't as severe, then it could be a better asset for mitigation than it was.

I mean you can complain about how the game is coded I guess, but there are scenarios where Foresights value would be increased. It "feels" like there's a large difference in how much damage a tank is taking vs. a mage now, where as before it was more or less that they had less HP to soak with.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    I don't think we need anything changed, personally. I just want to see gear itemization that isn't full of garbage time stats.
    Yeah I really really doubt WAR will see any changes at all, it's in a good place, I'm just butthurt that Fracture is so lackluster compared to everyone else's DoTs : ( even WHM has a better one now. Wouldn't mind stats being better either, but that's something that I really don't think will ever change. SE caters to the lowest common denominator, and they can't handle anything more than what we have.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Just make a macro for Defiance and Deliverance that assigns IB/FC to the same hotbar slot.

Much better to macro them than a GCD.
    Bossmode and amazing.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

For the guys that like to mash buttons, I got a workaround:

/micon "Defiance"
    /ac "Defiance" <me>
    /wait
    /crosshotbar set "Inner Beast" x y
    /crosshotbar set "Steel Cyclone" x y

/micon "Deliverance"
    /ac "Deliverance" <me>
    /wait
    /crosshotbar set "Fell Cleave" x y
    /crosshotbar set "Decimate" x y

The /wait will allow you to mash the button as much as you can.
    Once you see yourself change stances (animation, sound, whatever) simply mash the next button you intend to mash, or stop mashing. The rest of the macro won't process until you stop mashing.

NOTE: Won't work if the follow up button is a macro, you'll need to wait until the hotbar/button has changed.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

just for anyone who's wondering, you can only fit fracture in 3 fell cleave in zerk if you berserk after a heavy swing. otherwise you lose eye/bb combo etc afaik

edit: heres some more bad napkin math on to fracture or to not fracture

fell cleave: 693 potency after modifiers (1.05 x 1.2 x 1.1) [deliverance, maim, eye]
    average potency per gcd without fracture (eye/bb alternate) after modifiers - 286.44
    fell cleave potency gain - 406.56
    average gcds to build 5 stacks - 7.5
    average potency gain per gcd towards fell cleave - 54.208
    fracture potency after modifiers - 390.6 (accounting for slash debuff and dot inteaction)

fracture potency gain compared to the average gcd - 104.66, which becomes 49.952 after you account for the fact you're losing GCDs towards fell cleave. even if you know you have to double eye in order to keep fracture up, it's 22.232 potency increase still (since you lose some potency from not being able to bb combo for more dps)

this also doesn't account for wasted stacks of abandon and assumes you will always build a fell cleave in 7.5 gcds, disregarding the oGCD tools you have to build stacks as well (which i don't think should matter, since it's not in your GCD anyway, but i may be wrong). but if you waste your stacks and increase your average gcd towards fell cleave in your encounter, then fracture becomes more effective, rather than less. this also doesn't account for increased crit from building stacks faster with a no fracture rotation, and stuff like that. but anyway..

so if it's better in a vacuum and if this math is somehow actually correct (lol, yeah right), then you ideally want to fracture, but not in the same rotation as double/triple fell cleaves after you apply eye. try your best to snapshot it with IR/abandon stacks, but making room for BB combo for extra potency is a priority still, even if you sacrificed 100% fracture uptime for it (imo at least). although if you have fey wind up, i think you can afford 3 gcds extra after an eye combo and still refresh eye on itself; as long as you have fey wind for most of that rotation's duration.

now for 9 skill berserk rotations, whether that fracture is worth it or not (since you'll always want to double fell cleave in berserk; thus if you fracture in most cases, you will lose eye on its own reapplication) is something im too lazy to dive into. but if you start your berserk after a heavy swing, the issue isn't existent anyway (at least for triple fell cleave) because your 8th gcd should be 5 abandon fracture, then 9th fell cleave (as opposed to 8th fell cleave, 9th heavy swing)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast