1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 15 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

No guys, it's good enough, it doesn't matter that it's easily and obviously the worst of the three tanks by a wide margin. And let's ignore this is the exact situation it was in in 1.0.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's actually pretty true although it's hard to express how truly bad PLD was in 1.0 before they fixed it...after they announced 2.0 so everyone quit playing. I think at times we did better with DPS tanking rather than a PLD before the fix. It's not quite at that level right now but that would be hard.

Maybe I should level AST up too then I can have the trifecta of awful for job roles.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Even after they fixed it your were better off with a WAR 99% of the time.

Paladin was better for Cutter's Cry (Final Boss), Darnus, Ifrit Extreme.

Warrior was better for Garuda Hard, Aurum Vale, Cutter's Cry (Everything but Final Boss).

Am I missing something? lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    No guys, it's good enough, it doesn't matter that it's easily and obviously the worst of the three tanks by a wide margin. And let's ignore this is the exact situation it was in in 1.0.
    Not only is it the exact situation, but you could copy and paste the problems PLD had in 1.0 and it'd fit almost perfectly with the problems PLD has now.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by VeganCrossfitWOWRaidKILLA View Post
    Paladin was better for Darnus HM

Warrior was better for everything else.

Am I missing something? lol
    Calling it better for the Cutter's Cry boss is being generous.

For one healer strats, everything I listed it was better, though we did one healer on the "warrior" content as well.

1.0 Paladin could live for 30s without a healer which was pretty beneficial if they died on say, Ifrit Extreme or if the healer needed to raise/use tonics.

Chimera didn't take shit for damage from Warrior, so threat was garbage on it. I wouldn't call it generous since Paladin could generate threat from healing and considering the raw DPS you needed to avoid that fight going on very long and the requirements of the SSR, Warrior just wasn't as good on it.

Darnus, Paladin was obviously better so pretty much my statement remains unchanged.

You could also add in that Paladin was better at certain Relic Leves as well, like the Monk one.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is anybody thinking of doing something crazy like upgrading to slaying necklace via esoterics? It's a 12 STR upgrade from melds. Only 3 STR up from the 190 neck but it does flip the unnecessary Acc to something dps related (It's crit / sks)

It doesn't give the defensive upgrade that Shield / Waist do but is a larger DPS upgrade. So may be worth slotting in before waist? I know I'm probably over thinking this and it makes more sense to get other stuff first.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

why not ring from i180 to i210

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Worse offensive stats on it (Acc/SkS). The i200 neck is the only Eso slaying piece that doubles up offensive stats, the rest have Acc on them.

You can't realistically have all slaying accessories, some need to be melded (or be fending) so I think the ring slot is a better candidate for this.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I wouldn't plan on picking up a right side piece unless I won a gobcoat from a1, in which case it might be worth (although the eso belt seems to be BIS even though it has bad secondaries, might be worth grabbing and upgrading that since it uses gobcoat too). I assume most people playing PLD will be MTing so delaying left side pieces with both STR/VIT and a little more DEF probably isn't a great idea. When I do start grabbing accessories though they'll definitely be STR ones, the HP requirements for a4 would have to be substantially higher to really justify getting any VIT ones.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm not buying any pieces that drop in A1-2.

Sword > Shield > Body > Head is my current grab order of the day. I also take 5-6 days to cap Eso so the weekly cap isn't a big hang up with my limited playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I'm not buying any pieces that drop in A1-2.
    ^

Generally a good rule of thumb for all jobs.

And doubly so for accessories, cause you're going to get more accessories than anything and tanks can make use of both fending and slaying (just because a piece isn't BiS doesn't mean it's not better than what you have).

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fair point, I was just thinking you might be waiting a while on the STR accessories as you're going to have to let the melees take them first.

The hell you do, you're the tank, if they don't like it they can find another static!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

yeah the drg in my static is adamant about tanks not rolling on STR until he gets them first. sucks but finding statics isn't easy

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The thread title change is great.

Spoiler: show
    Too bad PLD isn't. qq

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    yeah the drg in my static is adamant about tanks not rolling on STR until he gets them first. sucks but finding statics isn't easy
    Are there groups that allow tanks to roll with dps on first seen right side? Our group has dps priority but tanks are second before others get to dip into said items.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Are there groups that allow tanks to roll with dps on first seen right side? Our group has dps priority but tanks are second before others get to dip into said items.
    This seems the most sensible approach.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ravant Lehnsherr
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    This seems the most sensible approach.
    My static works on a Main / Sub job system. So if anyone has a STR melee sub then they get priority over us tanks sadly

Closed Thread
Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast