1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Airship General     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Saw this posted earlier. People are saying it's the item needed for the Magnificent Mogdelier. Alas, it's in moonrunes

Spoiler: show
    ]

Edit: nvm it is. I found some other posts where others also got it. Seems like it can come from multiple areas though, so that's a plus.
    NIce, been lookin for this, was hopin it wouldnt be off ship ventures tho xD

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

No pics or hard confirmation, but heard through the grapevine 22 is the rank to hit for 2nd airship. We're 21, will hit 22 on Wednesday morning.

At 21 you can tweak to have Enterprise/Enterprise/Invincible/Bronco, to maximize speed and range for more EXP. This lets us hit 4 areas (1, and the 3 most EXP ones we can access currently).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Just saw that posted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ship_unlocked/

Seems legit.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Here's an odd question I haven't seen asked anywhere else: If you build an airship, is there anything in the in game text that says you would retain or lose your ship if your free company decided to tear down their old house and upgrade to a larger plot? I understand that you would obviously have to buy the workshop again, but I'm unclear on how the data(?) for the ship is stored.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

If you think that's possible keep the old pieces. You might be able to just put the old ones back together and only lose the worst bits.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Well keeping the pieces is easy enough, and I'd imagine they don't let you tear down a workshop if there are any ships registered. It sucks, but that means not getting to keep the airship rank either. Which is dumb, because I can have it fly all around the world, but moving it to a new house means taking it apart first.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

You'd also lose at least one set of parts since you can't just strip it.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yep. I think SE has been pretty tough about housing stuff so the best thing to do is ask.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Small (and for us disappointing) update.

It's not a level milestone (and 22 did seem unusual). It's Sector 8 (the rank 20 area). Which I guess we only just discovered today or something. Such bull. 22hr more waiting.

Also our log says we discovered sector 10, but 8 and 11 are the ones we did not have before today. ???

Spoiler: show

Edit: Also from the 3.0 patch notes, there is not a G3 wheel for every buff. So take note. Sorted by group assuming it is no different from the level 2 research:

Jackpot III Increases MGP payout by 15%.
    Earth and Water III Increases EXP earned through gathering by 20%.
    Helping Hand III Increases EXP earned through crafting by 20%.
    A Man's Best Friend III Increases EXP earned by companions by 20%.
    Mark Up III Increases Wolf Marks earned by 15%.
    Seal Sweetener III Increases company seals earned by 15%.

Live off the Land III Increases Gathering by 15.
    What You See III Increases Perception by 15.
    Eat from the Hand III Increases Craftsmanship by 15.
    In Control III Increases Control by 15.
    That Which Binds Us III Increases spiritbonding speed.

Meat and Mead III Increases duration of food effects by fifteen minutes.
    Proper Care III Slows gear wear by 30%.
    Reduced Rates III Reduces teleportation fees by 40%.

Edit2: OF reports that it's not "just" sector 8. Some guy says he cleared Sectors 1-9 and still does not have it, at airship level 25.

The exact path the OP of the reddit thread took was 2 5 7 8. He didnt post the voyage log though so it's unknown if it is significant.

Looking forward to being really disappointed in the morning.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I assume that most people are focusing on improving and leveling their ship right now but I've been wondering about the materials for the housing schematics. Is anyone wanting to make those skins? Have the mats been found?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    It's not a level milestone (and 22 did seem unusual). It's Sector 8 (the rank 20 area). Which I guess we only just discovered today or something. Such bull. 22hr more waiting.
    Ours just hit 23 (skipped 22 entirely), and our map looks just like yours. We also discovered sector 8, so I guess we'll find out tomorrow if it works for us or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    I assume that most people are focusing on improving and leveling their ship right now but I've been wondering about the materials for the housing schematics. Is anyone wanting to make those skins? Have the mats been found?
    We got 5 red clay from sector 7, which is used for the restaurant skin.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

My speculation about what order to upgrade parts to maximize rank progress is this:

1. Aftcastle: The EXP bonus that is more likely from improving Retrieval can range from 50% → 150% and maybe even more. This seems to far outshine the other components. It does have a penalty to speed that would result in roughly 5% longer voyages. Anecdotally, upgrading to the invincible aftcastle boosted us 3 levels on the next voyage, and similar results with the enterprise aftcastle.
    2. Hull: The EXP bonus from this part will depend on what sectors you have available, but I'm betting that most of the time you will be able to fit in an extra leg of your journey. For example, with an invincible-type hull we'd be able to visit 6-4-5-3 (roughly 206k exp) and perhaps with an enterprise-type hull we'd be able to visit sectors 6-4-5-3 (roughly 238k exp). That's roughly a 15% increase. This is somewhat mitigated by a longer flight time.
    3. Rigging: There's a nice, linear EXP bonus that comes from this component, more trips in the same amount of time. My quick-and-dirty number crunching suggest a 15% boost assuming back-to-back trips by upgrading from bronco to invincible. Not sure if there would be diminished returns from further upgrades because of a smaller proportional increase to speed. And unfortunately, there is mitigation from you EXP advantage because of the reduction to Retrieval.
    4. Forecastle: As far as I can tell, there is no improvement to your rating that comes from improving Surveillance or Favor. It also does not influence flight time or the number of sectors visited. I'd go out on a limb and say that forecastle is inconsequential to exp.

The above assumes you've already unlocked sectors. This won't be the case with your first airship. Taking that into consideration, it might be worthwhile to alternate between an improved forecastle and an improved rigging (this assumes that forecastle/surveillance is important for unlocking sectors, which is plausible based on anecdotes). Trips with an improved sail would take less time, and trips with the forecastle would have a better chance of finding new sectors and should also result in a better yield of items.

Any thoughts?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

We only just found Red Clay in sector 7 this morning. I don't think we've seen more than half of the schematic board things in the time this has been out.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Ours just hit 23 (skipped 22 entirely), and our map looks just like yours. We also discovered sector 8, so I guess we'll find out tomorrow if it works for us or not.
    Hoping it is sector 8 but one guy on OF says he's rank 25 and cleared all of 1-9 and still doesnt have it. I dont know how someone got it at 22.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Hoping it is sector 8 but one guy on OF says he's rank 25 and cleared all of 1-9 and still doesnt have it. I dont know how someone got it at 22.
    Maybe it's based on the number of missions you send it on. Someone that spams fast, low exp missions would get it both sooner and lower level than someone sending it on longer, exp heavy ones.

Any idea if there's any sort of requirements or reason for unlocking the other sectors?

We're rank 15 and still only have sectors 1-4, and I recall us unlocking 4 well before we could actually travel there, so I'm wondering why we haven't seen 5 & 6 yet since we seem to have leveled past them.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Went 22>23 from this expedition to Sector 8 and nothing special from the voyage log. Arbitrarily it said we can now make a 2nd airship. It's not even in the voyage log anymore. Nothing special seemed to happen so I'm really confused but at the same time don't care!

Went 22>23 from this expedition to Sector 8 and nothing special from the voyage log. Arbitrarily it said we can now make a 2nd airship. It's not even in the voyage log anymore. Nothing special seemed to happen so I'm really confused but at the same time don't care!
    Damn. 23 Eh? Mine barely rank 7 :/

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    Damn. 23 Eh? Mine barely rank 7 :/
    Dunno if it's just because you got a late start (some are already 25+ actually), but remember you can do multiple areas in one trip.

Dunno if it's just because you got a late start (some are already 25+ actually), but remember you can do multiple areas in one trip.
    Yeah I started late. I can only do two areas at a time tho, I guess thats normal? Basic Bronco, with Invinsible aft.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast