1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Airship General     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Sounds normal. I don't think we had enough range to do 3 until late teens. Upgrade hull and propeller (range/speed) first I'd say.

Didn't see this mentioned yet:

The number of repair materials required to fix a component increases based on the component's rank. Bronco parts are 1/component, Invincible 2/component, and I imagine Enterprise 3/component. Not a big deal with one ship, but it's going to add up with an active fleet.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Luckily DMCs for the repair mats are not one per node per window. And it is on oldworldfig and yellowcopper so not too much of a hassle. Toil and gather 6. A FC fleet of gatherers can cover it np.

What remains to be seen is when and if we will need to make duplicate parts of lesser airships. Right now our 2nd ship is just using the full Bronco set from our first ship. But in late ships you may want Bronco aftcastle for a little less speed penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Sounds normal. I don't think we had enough range to do 3 until late teens. Upgrade hull and propeller (range/speed) first I'd say.
    Yeah Figured as much. Gonna be one long, painful road to 20ish xD

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Hmm we're rank 12 or 13 and we opened up more zones than that. We were bronco with one invincible (forecastle? Part which has no negatives). We added the hull last night but have unlocked a 2 star. Sorry this is a bit vague not logged in.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Okay this is us (levelled to 15 today) and where we've discovered so far

Spoiler: show

Today Sector 5 netted us Toybox Schema
    Spoiler: show

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I read the first page to try to get a grasp on what turning in HQ items does for the airship (if anything), but I didn't really understand what I read. Does anyone know what, if anything besides increased turn-in exp, turning in HQ items does for airship components?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It can improve the result of your stage and so reduce the number of each material you need for the following stage.

Is there any online resource that lists materials required for company crafting projects? I want to get things together to make Invincible parts asap so I can upgrade my ship as soon as I get the schematics, but there's no way to see what's required in-game until then. Or could someone just post a list? Or just screenshot the phases in the workshop and I'll collate it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerspitz View Post
    Is there any online resource that lists materials required for company crafting projects? I want to get things together to make Invincible parts asap so I can upgrade my ship as soon as I get the schematics, but there's no way to see what's required in-game until then. Or could someone just post a list? Or just screenshot the phases in the workshop and I'll collate it all?
    http://www.garlandtools.org/db/#

Whoa I didn't know he had those up yet. Thanks!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I read the first page to try to get a grasp on what turning in HQ items does for the airship (if anything), but I didn't really understand what I read. Does anyone know what, if anything besides increased turn-in exp, turning in HQ items does for airship components?
    There is a random chance when turning in items that you will increase the quality of your current step. HQ items will increase this chance but do not guarantee it. With enough quality you get Excellent (1/3rd of mats preloaded for next step) or Outstanding (2/3rd) progress. That's it.

As I get some time over the weekend I will format first post to be more informative. OF has a decent "Airship Guide" in the items forum also which I will be parroting a lot of.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It doesn't guarantee it though. Which when you've didn't freaking ages hq ing everything pisses me off.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Pulled together the stats and mats for the first two airships for our FC. It's clumsy but it shows what you need

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

So our ship hit 30 and brought back the remaining materials to unlock Invincible-II parts today. Overall they seem easy to make, other than celestine. We only ever got 4, and we need 108 total. Oh boy!

Also got enough red clay to unlock the Eatery Wall. It's basically the Merchant's Wall but with a fork and spoon instead of balloons at the top, plus some other very minor details.

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    So our ship hit 30 and brought back the remaining materials to unlock Invincible-II parts today. Overall they seem easy to make, other than celestine. We only ever got 4, and we need 108 total. Oh boy!

Also got enough red clay to unlock the Eatery Wall. It's basically the Merchant's Wall but with a fork and spoon instead of balloons at the top, plus some other very minor details.
    Wow Lol which sector brings back clay?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post

Holy dicks I thought you were joking. Better always be hitting sector 7 then; that's the only place I know so far that drops raw celestine.

Is there a downside to having, lets say, 2 Invinsible parts and 2 Enterprise parts, or can it even be done at all?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Personal opinion but upgrade order is generally Hull/Propeller > Forecastle > Aftcastle, for EXP/time. Hull/Propeller control Range and Speed, Aftcastle reduces speed as it gets upgraded. Otherwise there's no real reason to go with a lower tier part outside of cost. We had a Ent/Ent/Inv/Bronco ship for a little bit until we needed the extra Bronco part for 2nd airship.

But there's otherwise no penalty or bonus to a matching set or mismatched set.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    Wow Lol which sector brings back clay?
    We got all of ours from sector 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Holy dicks I thought you were joking. Better always be hitting sector 7 then; that's the only place I know so far that drops raw celestine.
    We got some from sector 8. If it can also come from 7 then that will help a lot as we can hit both at once.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast