1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Airship General     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Personal opinion but upgrade order is generally Hull/Propeller > Forecastle > Aftcastle, for EXP/time. Hull/Propeller control Range and Speed, Aftcastle reduces speed as it gets upgraded. Otherwise there's no real reason to go with a lower tier part outside of cost. We had a Ent/Ent/Inv/Bronco ship for a little bit until we needed the extra Bronco part for 2nd airship.

But there's otherwise no penalty or bonus to a matching set or mismatched set.
    I see. Mine is Rank 12 atm and was thinking of replacing the bronco Hull with either Invisinsible or just wait it out and go straight to Enterprise at lvl 15.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

While we only got 4 raw celestine from sector 8 (I forget the rating), we just got 74 from sector 9 with a substandard rating from that particular sector, and C overall.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

We got 40ish? from Sector 9 with (I forget rating)

Not sure what is going wrong or if we just have real bad RNG on our side.... we had our ship built the first day and out exploring every day since we will be rank 19 in tomorrow morning using enterrpise hull inivcible sails and rest the beginner af and forecastle for now mainly for distance and exp. we have only found sectors 1,2,3, and 4 so far..... we have chaned up the flight order to almost every possible combination to findnew areas / sctors and nothing.... 4,2,1 ... 4,1,2. and 1,2,3 ,3,1,2 etc etc etc almost every possible combo... does anyone have any insight as to what different we can do to open up the other sectors? lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I believe surveillance is supposed to help with it (maybe), and then it's just a matter of exploring adjacent areas and hoping for the best. We discovered sector 11 this way, a good 15 levels before we could even go there. We're still missing sector 10 ourselves, which I'm assuming is to the far right of the map but the drops from 9 and 11 are too good to go searching around for it just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyjasmine View Post
    Not sure what is going wrong or if we just have real bad RNG on our side.... we had our ship built the first day and out exploring every day since we will be rank 19 in tomorrow morning using enterrpise hull inivcible sails and rest the beginner af and forecastle for now mainly for distance and exp. we have only found sectors 1,2,3, and 4 so far..... we have chaned up the flight order to almost every possible combination to findnew areas / sctors and nothing.... 4,2,1 ... 4,1,2. and 1,2,3 ,3,1,2 etc etc etc almost every possible combo... does anyone have any insight as to what different we can do to open up the other sectors? lol
    This doesnt sound right. I had my ship built like 2/3 weeks after 3.0 Hit, and its already rank 18. You sure you are doing expeditions as soon as they become available?

As far as discovering sectors, thought it was all random?

not exactly the minute they come back ... if it returns at 1-2 in the morning i send it out when i wake up in the mornings so its not right at the time of return for most efficiency just thought we would have found more then just 4 sectors so far it has been out every day since 3.0 release though...

when you guys have discovered new areas was it exploring just the one zone area? or in mix match like 1,2 then 4 for example? or just sending out to sector 3?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rathe Vrilvor
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've had similar bad luck, I haven't been flying it since day one but it's been a while. We only JUST got sector 4 and 5 in the last two runs, and we'll most likely be rank 17 by the time The O.T.P. gets back. All previous runs were full Bronco, just before this run we went Inv/Inv/Inv/Bronco. We got up to rank 13ish without seeing anything past 3.

I've been trying to see if proximity on the map triggers a discovery but it doesn't seem so. I tired fly-bys based on other maps i've seen in the thread and the found sectors were not even close to the flight path.

By the end of the weekend hopefully the Enterprise forecastle will be done for (hopefully) more sector discovery.

Guess I should start paying better attention as to how/when sectors are being discovered. Also, it sucks how you cannot see shit regarding your ship while its away (stats, maps, etc). Kind of dumb to design it that way.

ok i took some screen shots we are using the enterprise hull and bladder ... forecastle and aftcastle are bronco now going to sent it out 1>2>3 going to see what happens as you will see inthe pictures we are rank 19 now and still only secotr 1,2,3 and 4 ..

http://imgur.com/a/xf4v9

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rathe Vrilvor
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

ok i took some screen shots we are using the enterprise hull and bladder ... forecastle and aftcastle are bronco now going to sent it out 1>2>3 going to see what happens as you will see inthe pictures we are rank 19 now and still only secotr 1,2,3 and 4 ..

I'm doing 5-2-4 right now, max xp and swings me out to the outer limits. Going to try a long flyby of where 8 should be. Might make the Enterprise forecastle tonight so if that happens it'll be plugged in for that flight.

Funny how both of us had shit luck discovering with no upgraded forecastle tho. Too low a sample to draw conclusions however.

EDIT!
    Welp, i'm already flying close with that combo. There's another two-star sector in the region too so we'll see how that goes.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Unlocked another sector today, but won't be able to get to it for a couple ranks yet. Still missing 10 and 12 as well.

Spoiler: show

Those are some nice goodies.. my ship only ever brings me piety materias and empty crystals xD But yeah, there is a guide with lots of info on the OF:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...06#post3113206

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rathe Vrilvor
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    Those are some nice goodies.. my ship only ever brings me piety materias and empty crystals xD But yeah, there is a guide with lots of info on the OF:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...06#post3113206
    Beautiful, I could kiss you for that link

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Please would someone do me a big favour and either label up or link me to a map of all the locations found so far? For some reason we haven't found sector 3 for example. We just found sector 8 and have a lot of the others but not 3... We're rank 22.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Please would someone do me a big favour and either label up or link me to a map of all the locations found so far? For some reason we haven't found sector 3 for example. We just found sector 8 and have a lot of the others but not 3... We're rank 22.
    From the OF link above. It's a bit incomplete, but should be fine for what you need:

Spoiler: show

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Thank you! Much appreciated! Looks like 3 & 9 we haven't got.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Myrna View Post
    Beautiful, I could kiss you for that link
    I'm glad you like! :D

It seems like sector 12 is the hip new mystery, any speculation on where it will be? Someone had the great observation that each of the sectors marks an island that was already visible on the map before the discovery. Seems so obvious now, I can't believe I missed it!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Recently discovered sector 13, but the voyage log said sector 14. Also missing sector 12.

Last voyage brought us back magnanimous mogcrowns . . . 7 of them . . .

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaiferroni View Post
    I'm glad you like! :D

It seems like sector 12 is the hip new mystery, any speculation on where it will be? Someone had the great observation that each of the sectors marks an island that was already visible on the map before the discovery. Seems so obvious now, I can't believe I missed it!
    Sector 12 might be the penciled in island on the left side.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast