1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravana Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    You can do it even without auto crit, just adlo warrior and have them use vengeance and have paladin hallowed, will do the exact same thing, then just put both tanks to 30 degree angle from each other and watch how mechanic becomes meaningless
    I hope this gets fixed; like they make it so that the debuff is applied even if it does 0 damage (which is already the case for a handful of other fights in the game). I really don't want to see more cop-out shit like Turn 2 Enrage becoming the norm with people too brain dead to do mechanics that really aren't even that hard to begin with.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    You can cheese Swift Liberation pretty hard with a WAR + SCH. Auto-crit an Adlo with Defiance + Conv up (using Insight) and then spread it to the party. The dashes will do zero damage and thus not give the stack, giving everyone a huge margin of error. It'll probably be fixed soon, but it's pretty silly right now.
    That's pretty clever but also pretty unnecessary. There's so much time to move. This idea will probably come in handy by Alexander if they don't patch it by then though.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Edit: saw on the follow page

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Our Rava Ex kill from last night, if anyone cares \o/

We assign 2 ppl to a "quadrant" to dodge to with the purple after divebombs. We also have a flex person in case the person with 4 swords is on the other side of the arena.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Beat it earlier today and was able to get my AST and SCH weapon

This fight is really great, and hope the other fights goes the same way

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

so after beating this and running with our actual static, we realized the double prey/triple purple strat is retarded and came up with our own.

2 prey go to A/C, 3 purple spread, 2 people WITHOUT prey or purple, go collect the prey, this way nobody is getting hit by prey+pruple. Srsly, who the hell came up with that shit.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If you look in the video, that was the original strategy used (Video predates the post), so we definitely recognize that option. It was changed to using purples because it forces a coordinated spread between purples which is useful for PUGs (Think Ramuh EX struggles) while handling the mechanic. It ultimately comes down to whether shielding or coordination is more difficult for your group. In a speed kill (According to FC members that have done this), you end up skipping double-prey all together, so there's no relevance there. When I do teaching parties for my FC and the server, I pick people during the Final Liberation charge so they know in advance (And they're well shielded so they can pick up prey+purple without hesitation). It's a happy medium between the two strategies since you know if you are to pick up prey well in advance of Final Liberation going off (Gives you more time to do the mechanic). I definitely recognize the validity of your complaint though (And I hate when people don't update guides for alternative strategies), so I'll add an addendum to the guide. I also updated a few rotations since I have been in groups that prolonged the phase enough to see the full rotation of actions.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The main issue with purples picking up Prey is that it's very risky for the people doing it, the north half of the arena has plenty of room to split 3 of them as it is, and there are definitely 2-3 people who do not have purples on them that have nothing better to do than pick it up. It's a heavy amount of mitigation/gear needed to survive for non-tanks that isn't completely necessary. Though I do recognize the "in a pug" reason as expecting all 8 people to have perfect clarity on a tight reaction check like this is harder than it sounds sometimes.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you're a Lalafel on a mage, you may not even have enough base HP to survive both prey and a circle, which isn't ideal if your healers aren't shielding you properly. In PUG I find sending tanks to be the most reliable; if they're occupied then whatever non-purple player works much better for overall group well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    Srsly, who the hell came up with that shit.
    People who are better than you who had much less gear than you when you killed it and came up with strategies on their own.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by amadouche View Post
    People who are better than you who had much less gear than you when you killed it and came up with strategies on their own.
    Smug as it is that isn't really an answer.

Same with not knowing Bismarck EX and lightning being soaked by the bubbles: people thought taking an extreme amount of damage and requiring heavy mitigation, something not all comps will have, was the intended way to deal with a high damage mechanic? First clear is a first clear but brute forcing the square peg into the round hole is what it is.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

My main gripe with it is that why needlessly eat 13k damage when there are other alternative that basically risk free and requires little to no extra work, all of you geniuses must've realized it too that it just doesn't make sense. If anything, the "original" strat requires more gear or more skill on the healers' part, which is to say that it is not PUG friendly strat at all. But I guess it is probably preferable if you're handholding the shit out of whoever you're carrying/selling to.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by amadouche View Post
    lol@this guy, so tough. RavaEx so hard.

Obviously I didn't watch the video, hell I didn't even read up on the fight beforehand, I just refined the silly parts of the strat our pug was trying to use and figured I would post here when I realized it wasn't even listed. So clearly, I figured something out on my own. I'm not shocked to learn I wasn't the only one to figure out a better way of doing things.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I just had a strange thought occur to me while browsing the bard thread. Can Warden's stop the Physical Vuln from dashes?

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It works on things that you can Esuna only pretty much, so I kinda doubt it.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

so after beating this and running with our actual static, we realized the double prey/triple purple strat is retarded and came up with our own.

2 prey go to A/C, 3 purple spread, 2 people WITHOUT prey or purple, go collect the prey, this way nobody is getting hit by prey+pruple. Srsly, who the hell came up with that shit.
    That's imo the best strat what we did after we sent 1 to A 1 to C, was having people check who gets liberation circle ( on D side), and who ever didn't had it took the prey and ran between (a and b or between c and b) while the circles stayed on d side.

Made stuff much easier

New Merits
    BG Level

Meh if you want easy way around it just shield tanks so they take 0 from first dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    Meh if you want easy way around it just shield tanks so they take 0 from first dash.

This but you need to stoneskin and addlo the war since you can't guarentee critlo the WAR anymore. With just a normal addlo and vengeance i'd still get hit through it. You could always double PLD it and double hallowed to not have to worry about it, least mechanical way.

Stoneskin and heal shield still requires extra coordination though and a specific set up, the least coordinated way is to just have both tanks pick them up. If a tank has first prey have two ranged dedicated to taking it off and waiting in A/C. It doesn't matter if a tank gets purple and the second prey they'll still live.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Easy way around it is to have 2 of the 3 ppl not getting hit by anything at all go pick them up, rofl. No shielding needed, nobody taking 12k dmg, dmg evenly spread around pt, easy to heal up with aoe heal on dynamo fire, it's not hard ppls.

Easy way around it is to have 2 of the 3 ppl not getting hit by anything at all go pick them up, rofl. No shielding needed, nobody taking 12k dmg, dmg evenly spread around pt, easy to heal up with aoe heal on dynamo fire, it's not hard ppls.

In terms of pug strategy that's not going to be an ideal solution is what I'm getting at. Unless their roles are cookie cutter defined before hand because of the RNG they're going to be well I thought x or y was going to grab it etc.

You got to remember there are a shit ton of people who just go off muscle memory and pre planning rather than paying attention to mechanics. That's literally every PUG I've been in.