1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ravana Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Are people skipping Final Liberation with standard comp or only with 6 DPS? We're like, not even close on our runs, even when SCH is pulling high DPS too.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You can skip Final Liberation with 2 tank / 2 healer / 4 DPS using a variety of DPS comps.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Standard composition. If you are not close, make sure both your healers are DPSing and pool cooldowns for Liberation charges since he takes enhanced damage during that charge. Of course, pre-pop them if they will not see full duration during the cast. In some phases, you can probably play greedy and squeeze extra damage (ex: Intentionally take damage from prelude to Liberation).

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

What kind of party DPS are you shooting for? We don't have our Astro DPS at all which could probably make up a decent amount, but we still only sit on like 4000-4500 DPS on good runs.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ravana Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    So Brandel noticed something during his RavaExs runs and I watched several of our videos.

on Swift Liberation, it seems there are two combinations for Swords/Purple markers;

All DPS get Swords, then Healers/Tanks get purple.
    or
    Healers/Tanks get Swords, then all DPS get purple markers.

You guys can watch your vids/pay attention and confirm but it happened exactly like this in all 5 videos I watched. Obviously, things will get funky if ppl are dead or you run solo tank/solo heal/both.
    Just having to add its not always true.

Today I got sword and then prey on the same run ( healer)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    What kind of party DPS are you shooting for? We don't have our Astro DPS at all which could probably make up a decent amount, but we still only sit on like 4000-4500 DPS on good runs.
    iirc Ravana has somewhere near 1.7M HP, so for a 5m kill you'd need to be at 5666DPS

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Just having to add its not always true.

Today I got sword and then prey on the same run ( healer)
    not prey, the purple aoe circle RIGHT after swift is done and ppl spread out for flames/purple

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

In other words, 3 of the 4 people who were not marked with swords will be eligible for purple AoE.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    not prey, the purple aoe circle RIGHT after swift is done and ppl spread out for flames/purple
    Yeah sorry I though you were talking that if you get swords you won't get chosen for Final Liberation after

My bad

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

I just wanted to confirm something.

This is a viable way to do double prey, right?

Someone was saying that this method was wrong. I just wanted to make sure if it's accurate or not.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

That is exactly what we do, so ya it's viable. I do exactly what 3 does when I do not have purple and Prey-takers are covered.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That image implies you can't stack in the center safely since he's from center both times, which is the method I've always done with my groups. Unless he dashes differently if the prey traders stay in the same spot as the old one?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    That image implies you can't stack in the center safely since he's from center both times, which is the method I've always done with my groups. Unless he dashes differently if the prey traders stay in the same spot as the old one?
    The 2nd dashes comes from the location of the first dash

What I did on my wins in the same but when prey is removed or if you don't have prey/circle just stack in the middle

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Ratatapa is correct, second dashes come from location of the first. Image will direct dashes back across each other likely killing 1 and 7.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It's all about angle and point of origin; that could work, but the people relieving the original prey targets would need to move north slightly to direct the second set of dashes upwards and away from the center.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I tried to get prey #1 on the south side to stand like halfway between mid and the outer wall so then I could in theory stand at the edge and it would just go that little gap between the first star and out of the arena but I dont think it worked, he seemed to start from the outer wall by that C and then zoomed across mid when I was standing south

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Ravana doesn't stop after he hits the Prey target, the charge has a static size and it reaches the edge of the arena. That's what's considered the "end point" of the first charge and where the second one will start, which is why your idea didn't work.

In your picture, you can bait the second charge off the arena by standing west/east of C.

BG Level

Just send the " new prey" between a and b, and the other between c and b, while everyone who doesn't have "the 2nd prey" or liberation circle stack in the middle

Almost impossible to "fuck up"

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Ravana doesn't stop after he hits the Prey target, the charge has a static size and it reaches the edge of the arena. That's what's considered the "end point" of the first charge and where the second one will start, which is why your idea didn't work.

In your picture, you can bait the second charge off the arena by standing west/east of C.
    yeah i just keep hearing completely wrong shit about it so I wasnt sure lol theres quite a few guides that show him continuing to dash from the middle for the second and explicitly "where he hits the first target" for the start of the second

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A lot of it probably has to do with how he always originates from the center for his hard mode version, and people assume the same for extreme when it's not the case.

At any rate, 25 kills in, still seeing purple handles prey a lot, and still seeing said purple dying because they weren't properly buffed to handle taking 12k some dmg nor folks wanting to try having someone that's clear of both mechanics doing it.