1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 19 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 14 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Ravana Extreme     submit to reddit submit to twitter

We did 10+ runs of Ravana ex last night, and I noticed that as a scholar, whenever it was non-DPS swift, I was always #4. Wonder if it has to do with hate levels.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    We did 10+ runs of Ravana ex last night, and I noticed that as a scholar, whenever it was non-DPS swift, I was always #4. Wonder if it has to do with hate levels.
    Same, during my last few runs we noticed DRK would always be #1, I was #3 as AST and SCH was #4 (we were solo tanking).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've always been 1 or 2 as well. The 2 doesn't make much sense since I MT and have a sizable hate lead over the other tank.

There might be something to do, on another note...

Dissipation is actually really good for this fight. I was doing it with a war and drk who had a bad habit of getting vulnerability stacks(and maybe popping wrong cooldowns too), but sometimes stoneskin and adlo wasn't enough to keep them from taking damage on double prey. With dissipation they took no damage and survived every time even with multiple stacks, and the way the timing works out my faerie is available before the next phase starts. The timing is so perfect it is almost like it was designed that way.

New Merits
    BG Level

Managed to do some weird shit with double prey one try, somehow, when both prey targets tried to pass their preys to tanks, both went for me, and thus I was able to get both prey markers, and then I was just able to pass both of the preys to pld who just hallowed whole thing.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Eludi View Post
    Managed to do some weird shit with double prey one try, somehow, when both prey targets tried to pass their preys to tanks, both went for me, and thus I was able to get both prey markers, and then I was just able to pass both of the preys to pld who just hallowed whole thing.
    Probably because they got Slippery Prey doubled up and you were the only person left in range who could take them. This then repeated on the PLD, being the only one able to take them when you ran into them.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Has anyone had a situation where during the add phase the adds would sometimes drop down and near instantly start casting laughing moon? I've had that problem with my static tonight while we were trying to clear RVEX for one of our Tanks. It was the source of a lot of frustrations. What influences them to start casting aside from not killing them fast enough? We assumed it was AoE damage but even when we all started using single target abilities, we'd get an add that'd go straight into a cast without waiting a certain time frame (And yes, I've actually observed a Gana drop down, move slightly, and begin casting Laughing Moon or whatever)

That's just what they do. You can visually see them doing it cause they will stop flying and sit down, just change target and kill them asap.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

That's annoying. Some don't cast immediately while 2 or 3 others start casting right away. That's the kind of RNG I don't like but if that's the way it is then we'll deal

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do people really struggle with the fight so much that they had to make something like this... http://midnightinsomnia.com/ravana/ holy shit what a waste of time.

I don't mind people spending effort on guides at all. That said the Ravana rotation on that site is not completely correct.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's pretty at least, but yeah not entirely correct. It would help if the class specific stuff was more obvious as well; it's basically 1-2 sentences and "You can Adlo this" blurbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Do people really struggle with the fight so much that they had to make something like this... http://midnightinsomnia.com/ravana/ holy shit what a waste of time.
    Break out of your bubble and join a PF party. You won't have need to ask such questions.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Yeah you'll be surprised but ravana ex is hard the first couple times you do it blindly.
    And you'll also be surprised but a lot of people actually don't watch videos and prefer a written guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Break out of your bubble and join a PF party. You won't have need to ask such questions.
    But then, he will bitch everyone out and leave party after one wipe xD

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    But then, he will bitch everyone out and leave party after one wipe xD
    Well, to quote his profile page, "I'm the best ^_^".

I wouldn't expect a too humble posting style.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

Anyone else break Ravana today?

+ Reply to Thread