1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

My impression as to why AST weren't favored for raiding is the subpar DPS. Whether they were limited solely by MP or also weaker nukes/fewer DPS options I don't know. I don't raid but I never really had MP problems nuking in normal content, but of course I never nuked over what I could handle MP-wise and I could never match the numbers my WHM could put out. Don't play SCH but I'm quite aware of how good it is and how hard it can DPS over both other healers. So unless new raid requires less DPS from healers (entirely possible actually considering it's not what SE wants from healers and they expressly stated they were easing up on DPS requirement) I still don't think AST would be favored... it will take quite a lot for it to hurdle the stigma it's got already too. But of course if Ewer and Spire got a lot better than they already were, I'm sure people will at least be considering it.

What I'm wondering now is if SE would have tuned Midas toward AST the way they tuned Thordan EX to PLD, just to give it a niche (which is basically waving a flag saying "look we make content that lets [X disfavored job] be relevant, too!")

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

AST has issues with MP if you DPS, yeah. That's why I was bringing up MP issues. They are made even worse by A4S where the usual strat revolves around the healers getting their MP taken and needing to rely on the 2 abilities they have to get it back. If you don't get a ewer card somewhere to spread it it's basically cancer

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Either or, would be wise for any WHM or AST to be proficient in raiding on both classes due to the shared gear (weapons aside) for healers and play as whatever is safer or more efficient during progression/farming.

Am curious what the buff to Spire is like though, if it's enough to possibly make a BRD/MCH to not need to put up TP at a certain point in the fight when AoE'd.
    I gear my Ast and Sch. the other healer in my raid is whm so I benched mine as soon as it hit 60. I do things a little different. progression as Sch/clear+farm as Ast.