1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Knight Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm amused that you're suggesting LNC sub for Keen Flurry, and no one's mentioned that it would also give Invigorate, which should also alleviate the TP complaint.

All aboard the LNC sub train!

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I did mention that, which is why I also said PLD would benefit from it as well. WAR has their new Equilibrium thing and PGL is useful enough to warrant not losing it as a cross-class. GLA is needed for Provoke alone but also has useful stuff so WAR is pretty good as of right now.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Never mind tanks, give MNK/DRG something other than MRD to cross class. ROG, ARC, doesn't matter.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I feel like if provoke is such a necessity (as it obviously is) then it should have been native to every tank class in the same fashion that each tank has a "lob" ability. That'd free up some diversity.

No point in freeing up room when there's nothing to need room for.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

SE has been making such an effort to make Classes obsolete that I find myself wondering why they bothered with cross-class system in the first place. Only thing tanks need is Provoke and everything else you tack on to fill in slots. WAR at least gets to chew on some PGL skills, but PLD and DRK would really like more out of their CCs.

I'd prefer if they just revamp the CC system entirely.

Provoke and Convalescence*

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

this game would be so much more fun with the ffxi subjob system

Dark Knight MP issues aren't listed here http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...8c6e83dc31c3c9

Are we sure this stuff is real or am I just crazy? I could have sworn my MP was depleting faster as well but I wasn't looking at the trigger.

So I've been DRK a bit in my spare time and lackluster job performance issues aside, I really really want to punch whoever designed DRK's WS animations.

I look at the animation for hard slash and just wonder what the fuck were they thinking? Did someone think that actually looked good? or fun? or satisfying? You look less like you're swinging a sword and more like you're trying to waltz with a piece of lumber after giving blood.

Did they pump the mocap actor full of horse tranquilizers or something? When doing the power slash combo your character just looks like they want to put the sword down and take a nap.

You would think with how ridiculously heavy the animation makes the sword seem that the impact would at least be solid and satisfying, but it's not, you literally look like you failed the swing, got the sword stuck in the ground, and had to recover, also this is all happening in slow motion.

The FFXI WS animation for Hard Slash was more impactful and satisfying, and it was just a fucking AA animation with special sound and particle effects. As for Spinning Slash.....uh.....it was one of the more awesome looking WSs in XI and now it's just like a generic side slash, you don't even spin.

It may seem like nit picking but when these are the WS animations you have to watch perpetually every 2.5s when playing a job, if they're not aesthetically appealing or satisfying it makes the job a lot less fun to play period.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I do not like them too.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The off GCDs (Carve and Spit, Plunge, Dark Passenger) all have a little more weight at least.

Yea, but they're not what you're using 95% of the time.

Hard Slash, the WS you will use more than any other, is the most limp, flaccid thing in the game....

The DRK animations make their sword appear so awkward and unwieldy to the point where our characters don't even want to swing it, that is exactly how you DON'T design animations for a weapon if you want them to be fun.

Low Blow is a kick, the latter half of Power Slash the sword is resting on the ground while we do some little energy pulse thing with our hand...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Yea, but they're not what you're using 95% of the time.

Hard Slash, the WS you will use more than any other, is the most limp, flaccid thing in the game....

The DRK animations make their sword appear so awkward and unwieldy to the point where our characters don't even want to swing it, that is exactly how you DON'T design animations for a weapon if you want them to be fun.

Low Blow is a kick, the latter half of Power Slash the sword is resting on the ground while we do some little energy pulse thing with our hand...
    While I mostly agree with you, I love the low blow animation. The idea of kicking a boss in the dick to stun them is just fun.

Yea the animation in itself is fine but with the way we use the sword it just feels like our characters can't be bothered to lift them so they just kick the mob.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Pretty much agree with everything except these. I love the kick and think the Power Slash animation is nice. The name doesn't fit it, though. Hard Slash definitely needs work.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fenrey Varnell
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Dark Knight MP issues aren't listed here http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...8c6e83dc31c3c9

Are we sure this stuff is real or am I just crazy? I could have sworn my MP was depleting faster as well but I wasn't looking at the trigger.
    It's probably been implied along with the Dark Arts bug.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3095063

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Initially the animations threw me off but I got used to them after leveling and I think they actually look really cool. Hard Slash actually looks pretty good (maybe don't play a Lalafell?) and Spinning Slash is just okay, while Power Slash is probably the best WS animation (the recoil on the darkness blast or whatever is a nice touch) which is a shame because it's our least used combo. The only Real Bad animations we have are Soul Eater because it looks super lame considering it's the highest potency attack and Abyssal Drain because you can't see shit when it goes off.

Also anyone who has played a Souls game can appreciate Low Blow's animation.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
    While I mostly agree with you, I love the low blow animation. The idea of kicking a boss in the dick to stun them is just fun.
    Dick Kick is the best Drk move of all of em.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't mind the DA animation, but the "deedoot" noise at the end of EVERY SINGLE ONE is starting to grate on me.

Spoiler: show
    dark farts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast