BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: crafting cap     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

crafting cap

Noticed something different about crafting cap. For as long as I can remember one couldn't craft higher than 15 levels above your current level (this was really helpful in determining caps of some crafts).

However, I just did a test and we can now craft up to 27 levels below the cap.

Was there a ninja edit, did I miss the update notes on this, or is this a result of the spaghetti code when they made it so you can get skillups up to 10 levels higher than cap?

Don't recall them mentioning such a thing, but it's likely just the result of the range increased for skilling up.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

all i know is they changed the possibility to get skill ups that are up to 10 levels below your current skill. never saw them mentioning being able to craft stuff that is 27 lvls above your current skill

Relic Shield
    BG Level

What craft were you doing that you were allowed to do this?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    What craft were you doing that you were allowed to do this?
    just tested goldsmithing and woodworking. could try the others, but I'm pretty sure if it is with 2 crafts, it is with all crafts.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So anyway, if anyone is using the minimum level as a means to determine the cap of a new craft, keep in mind that it is now 27, not 15, when you go to update wiki.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    So anyway, if anyone is using the minimum level as a means to determine the cap of a new craft, keep in mind that it is now 27, not 15, when you go to update wiki.
    That seems like a bit of an awkward value. Were you wearing anything or had any moghancements thatd give you a couple +skill? Like maybe +2 skill and the actual new craft barrier is 25 levels?

25 levels makes the most sense, as thats 15+10, the amount they raised.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    That seems like a bit of an awkward value. Were you wearing anything or had any moghancements thatd give you a couple +skill? Like maybe +2 skill and the actual new craft barrier is 25 levels?

25 levels makes the most sense, as thats 15+10, the amount they raised.
    just tested again, this time on my Goldsmithing mule. My GS mule has 0 Cooking Skill. Had 0 gear on. Was able to attempt Boiled Crab which is level 27.

Edit: did NOT have synth support either.