1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 19 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 14 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Not like there is a ton of gear options, get Acc. Either downgrade Legs or Accessories for more Acc.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Switch to food that gives more Acc, if that isn't enough then drop back to the i180 neck as that's swapping SkS/Det for Acc/Crit

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Thanks all for the tips

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Static member is looking for gear help on MCH and I know shit about it, so i'm asking BG for help!

Current gear

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/R58B

He's parsing around 900DPS on A1S but he says he miss alot

any tips he could change?
    down grade accessories or get i180 crafted chest

or spend eso on chest/gloves

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

stance dance parse video

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Level 58 right now, but wanted to lay out some thoughts.

MCH is really unforgiving. Wildfire is essentially going tryhard mode, and if you miss a beat (or rather if you have dodge while in Gauss Barrel), you get a heavy dps loss. MCH probably has the most complicated cooldown management out of any DPS class as well. On one hand I like this because it makes MCH really fun (and I'm thinking on maining it since I've been lukewarm on PLD lately). On the other hand I dislike it because other jobs have so much more room for error and still obtain high dps.

I think if MCH had more room for error, like lowering Reload's cooldown and add more ammo to Quick Reload, it'd flow better. As it stands I think it's asking for too much for it to be one of the lower DPS jobs.

Edit: Also, I have no idea if 450 DPS in good to achieve in the Vault.

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I've been told that I only gain DPS with GB up on Hot Shot, Lead Shot, and Blank. But I get much bigger numbers on Reloaded Split/Slug/Reassemble+Clean/Split/Slug/Clean with GB up. I'm talking numbers that I doubt auto-attacks will add up to. Should I only take GB down when Reload, Reassemble, and Quick Reload are down?

Also am I the only one who feels like our AoE damage is kinda shit?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It's more like, it's a higher dps gain when buffs are up which would include reload. It's during that time when you have no buffs and at the mercy of rng that GB is considered a dps loss. Also makes it slightly less wieldly to use.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yea, only time to turn GB off is when you are in proc fishing mode. If you have anything else up, you should be in GB. You should also do any re-positioning you need to do during that time, if possible.

Our AoE is fine, especially when you think about Bishop damage.

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ok, so I'm not fucking up by having it on for Reload. lol

It just seems like AoE is a bit lackluster compared to BLM, though I was mainly looking at MY damage instead of considering Bish's too.

Physical DPS is always going to be lackluster compared to caster DPS.

They don't run out of TP.

That said, MCH has pretty absurd burst AoE, it's just not sustainable.

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post

I've been seeing Reload+Spread but I'm wondering if it'd be worth using Reload+Grenado and swapping to Spread after Reload wears.

It's a flat +20 potency to either WS so neither WS gains more from ammo than the other.

Grenado is better burst, Spread is more sustainable, their TP/potency is identical tho.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Generally, I use Grenado when Invigorate is available and Spread when it isn't (unless I know there's going to be an extended series of AOE waves without a break, in which case I also start with Spread).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Level 58 right now, but wanted to lay out some thoughts.

MCH is really unforgiving. Wildfire is essentially going tryhard mode, and if you miss a beat (or rather if you have dodge while in Gauss Barrel), you get a heavy dps loss. MCH probably has the most complicated cooldown management out of any DPS class as well. On one hand I like this because it makes MCH really fun (and I'm thinking on maining it since I've been lukewarm on PLD lately). On the other hand I dislike it because other jobs have so much more room for error and still obtain high dps.

I think if MCH had more room for error, like lowering Reload's cooldown and add more ammo to Quick Reload, it'd flow better. As it stands I think it's asking for too much for it to be one of the lower DPS jobs.

Edit: Also, I have no idea if 450 DPS in good to achieve in the Vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post

Thats basicaly my problem too, Lv58 training/farming in the Vault and the damage sustainability is horrendous. I'll do an insane amount of DPS for about 4 shots (1600 normal - 2500 crits) and sometimes even steal aggro but then no more powerhouse and the other DPS catch back while I fish for a proc.

I just wonder what they were thinking, giving us such an unreliable job system while putting heavy DPS checks in most new big fights. And I wont even mention fights where you need to move often, feel like a BLM having to spam Scathe, disapointing.

I don't recall ever having particularly bad TP issues in the vault, are you sure your other DPS doesn't suck and stuff isn't just dying way too slow?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I have absolutely no issues on MCH in Alex Savage. AoE isn't meant to be sustainable on any job except BLM/SMN, and it's not even needed in any serious fights. If AoE shit is dying too slow it's prolly because the other DPS aren't AoEing which means you shouldn't be either because 1 DPS AoEing is stupid. If you run out of TP with BLM/SMN, they are bard or you aren't tossing the rook out to use paeon inbetween pulls. Seriously though, who cares about dungeon trash AoE. AoE is for trash and dungeons and doesn't matter.

Someone might argue A2s but the Bishop does great AoE damage for me there, while I burst down the targets that need to be focused(boomtypes/minds/helms). Then when we get to the first 2xWidow and the 4x Jagds, I have Wildfire for both occassions and do huge burst dmg to help the group. I honestly did almost nothing at all until the first set of Widows, my Bishop carried my dmg, then I unloaded on the first Widow and my DPS jumped 300 points and I caught up to the WAR who gets to spam Decimate and our Ninja.

The "DPS check" on A1s is light but if ppl think Faust is, MCH is fantastic for a 2m fight, and it's burst open is amazing for pushing the Oppressor early. So far for A3s, we haven't had much of a chance to do anything but I am thinking saving the second Wildfire for the first DPS check on dual hands will be a good idea. As with any progression content and DPS checks, having the insane burst capability of MCH is great imo, as I can easily break 2k burst damage for 30s on single target.

Also, if you think moving on MCH is hard or like BLM scathe, you are doing something wrong. I have no issues moving on it without doing anything other then saving some Clean procs or stutter stepping. If you are struggling to move on it or using Feint, you are just playing it wrong and need to work on it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

TP isn't really a problem for me either unless I stop paying attention to my cooldowns. My main problem is going HAM while Wildfire is up because boss mechanics start getting in the way. Trying to keep up the GB burst is difficult for me if I have a prey mechanic and I have to run across the arena.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    I have absolutely no issues on MCH in Alex Savage. AoE isn't meant to be sustainable on any job except BLM/SMN, and it's not even needed in any serious fights. If AoE shit is dying too slow it's prolly because the other DPS aren't AoEing which means you shouldn't be either because 1 DPS AoEing is stupid. If you run out of TP with BLM/SMN, they are bard or you aren't tossing the rook out to use paeon inbetween pulls. Seriously though, who cares about dungeon trash AoE. AoE is for trash and dungeons and doesn't matter.

Someone might argue A2s but the Bishop does great AoE damage for me there, while I burst down the targets that need to be focused(boomtypes/minds/helms). Then when we get to the first 2xWidow and the 4x Jagds, I have Wildfire for both occassions and do huge burst dmg to help the group. I honestly did almost nothing at all until the first set of Widows, my Bishop carried my dmg, then I unloaded on the first Widow and my DPS jumped 300 points and I caught up to the WAR who gets to spam Decimate and our Ninja.

The "DPS check" on A1s is light but if ppl think Faust is, MCH is fantastic for a 2m fight, and it's burst open is amazing for pushing the Oppressor early. So far for A3s, we haven't had much of a chance to do anything but I am thinking saving the second Wildfire for the first DPS check on dual hands will be a good idea. As with any progression content and DPS checks, having the insane burst capability of MCH is great imo, as I can easily break 2k burst damage for 30s on single target.

Also, if you think moving on MCH is hard or like BLM scathe, you are doing something wrong. I have no issues moving on it without doing anything other then saving some Clean procs or stutter stepping. If you are struggling to move on it or using Feint, you are just playing it wrong and need to work on it.
    What do your Wildfire's go off for on average in EX dungeons/Alex Normal/Alex Savage at your ilvl? This question is purely out of curiosity since I haven't seen anyone really post Wildfire damage at 60 an beyond.

I've been casually leveling it, really slowly, I've gotten up to 58 but with random dungeon gear most I've seen is usually between 2900-3300. But, idk how good/bad that is for 58.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I know I should still be using Wildfire on AoE trash but it seems like a complete waste of time. Maybe I should stop caring.