BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

June 2015 update

We just used the first spot we came across and won every time easily, just dicking around, with 7 people.

The thf mule out of main party was permanently dead but with BRD + SMN nobody else ever died. BRD + SMN both were very undergeared and still 0 issues. Had one fight where pet timers got fucked and we ate AF 7 times while I meleed and mistral axed it down from like 30% very slowly. No deaths.

I swear sometimes you people make shit way harder than it needs to be. I never took more than 0 damage from Searing Light with Schzero, EA, EW, shell 2, and light carol. I actually took far more damage from AoE from the elementals than I did from AF.

Vex/Attunement also help make this fight an absolute joke.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    We just used the first spot we came across and won every time easily, just dicking around, with 7 people.

The thf mule out of main party was permanently dead but with BRD + SMN nobody else ever died. BRD + SMN both were very undergeared and still 0 issues. Had one fight where pet timers got fucked and we ate AF 7 times while I meleed and mistral axed it down from like 30% very slowly. No deaths.

I swear sometimes you people make shit way harder than it needs to be. I never took more than 0 damage from Searing Light with Schzero, EA, EW, shell 2, and light carol. I actually took far more damage from AoE from the elementals than I did from AF.
    Searing light? He only popped carb on us when we tried pulling elementals away.

We were 4 smn, a pup, and a pld.

Threw pets on it and stayed >30' away whenever it AFed, then ran back in to BP then ran out.

Pld kept himself alive via Aegis and mdef setup, and just turtled it out.

It was okay, but sometimes a stray AF would wipe half the pt out when we were caught off guard.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's been said like 5x in this thread already that SL is a timed thing. It has nothing to do with anything else you are doing. We killed him twice before he even had a chance to SL.

You were 4 SMN and you guys couldn't EA yourselves? This is my extremely fucking confused face.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    It's been said like 5x in this thread already that SL is a timed thing. It has nothing to do with anything else you are doing. We killed him twice before he even had a chance to SL.

You were 4 SMN and you guys couldn't EA yourselves? This is my extremely fucking confused face.
    You know what maybe that was searing light. The spots a clusterfuck and we saw him summon the carbies once because pld died and he was at the smns, so we saw carby.

Every other time we were like 50 feet away out of range and just saw the explosion amidst the clusterfuck of random extra couerl, adds, random extra tonberry wandering around, our 5 pets on the thing, etc.

So we just saw some light, an explosion, and then our avatars dying. Maybe there were carbies in that clusterfuck and that was the searing light. I just assumed it was an AF and the explosion was from the elementals.

Anywho, we knew it was timed, thats the point of my post. We'd spam BPs while pld super tanked, then 10 secs before searing light we'd back 50 feet away and the pld would just eat like a champ, then wed resume beat down.

Maybe the reason we struggled was some of the people in the party were... less than optimal players, considering how often they couldnt figure out that they had to get out the goddamn AF range.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I will update the wiki today/tomorrow. Apologies for not getting to it last week. If there is something in particular that needs work please bring it to my attention via PM.

I do know recipes need some love from the last few months. I will work on that after adding new items. If anyone added a page for a new item since the update it will be overwritten. No offense to you, its just how the import works.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    I will update the wiki today/tomorrow. Apologies for not getting to it last week. If there is something in particular that needs work please bring it to my attention via PM.

I do know recipes need some love from the last few months. I will work on that after adding new items. If anyone added a page for a new item since the update it will be overwritten. No offense to you, its just how the import works.
    Dont need to apologize for having a life, BGwiki is still one of the most reliable wikis for new content. Thank you for the hard work, same goes to the rest of the wiki team.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So I wonder when they are gonna announce the next double exp campaign....... Its like pretty much perma minus like 4 days a month these days.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The BP damage nerf/glitch is still present after the maint... certain BPs are almost 50% weaker, most have a 10~20% dmg penality. In Escha, Night Terror was averaging 6~8k dmg with Puppet Roll and Malaise instead of 12~14k...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    So I wonder when they are gonna announce the next double exp campaign....... Its like pretty much perma minus like 4 days a month these days.
    Unless they missed it, they just announced a large amount of campaigns for July, no double exp+cp campaign.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Unless they missed it, they just announced a large amount of campaigns for July, no double exp+cp campaign.

/Sadface

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Ewww.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

JP site doesn't list it either so, nope. Sad times. At least a month of crappy CAP grinding, or rather avoiding CAP grinding.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    JP site doesn't list it either so, nope. Sad times. At least a month of crappy CAP grinding, or rather avoiding CAP grinding.
    I might be able to drag myself into CP farm while my Trizek Ring is active but other than that? All my nopes.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Only time I'm going to bother with CP or silt farming is during EXP RoE. At least that way you get sparks and accolades, too.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone who's done the Thirst Before Time quest, where in Yorcia are you supposed to go? I have to head out now so I haven't had much time to search the whole zone.

So far the quest walkthrough has been:

1) Talk to Roskin
    2) Talk to Polished Pebble (Inventor's Coalition)
    3) Talk to Roskin
    4) Somewhere in Yorcia?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Right outside of Biv #2 there's a tree with a target-able spot. There's a fight with a fomor so have trusts ready. I recommend a tank since they can eat Eagle Eye Shot for you. Otherwise it will probably 1 shot you.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Went as RUN/NIN and he EES'd through shadows, which was kinda bullshit. However, he has a warning where he counts down from 10 so there's plenty of time for Migawari. Doing a SC seemed to blue !! proc him too, which was when he began to count down, but I can't confirm that it wasn't a coincidence.