+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: June 2015 update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPaul View Post
    Went as RUN/NIN and he EES'd through shadows, which was kinda bullshit. However, he has a warning where he counts down from 10 so there's plenty of time for Migawari. Doing a SC seemed to blue !! proc him too, which was when he began to count down, but I can't confirm that it wasn't a coincidence.
    Yeah they literally made that change to EES last update. Reminds me of when I got screwed when they changed how blink worked right before my rdm maat fight

Campaign
    BG Level

Didn't they specifically say that the EES change applied ONLY to players though, in the patch notes?

Edit:
    Yep, they said it

Eagle Eye Shot
    The ability now ignores the following effects granted by spells and job abilities.
    Blink / Shadow Images
    *These changes only apply to eagle eye shot when used by player characters.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If EES did indeed bypass shadows you should consider making a bug report on the OF, either they'll acknowledge it or say it's working as intended and it might be an NM gimmick.

Campaign
    BG Level

Either it's a bug (if it is it's not known because they didn't talk about it in the known issues) or some special properties of that specific NM, dunno.
    Could try it against other mobs who EES, would be easy in Dynamis.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm sure it's a bug because it's a fomor mob. The same thing happened after one of the WS updates where fomor were doing crazy WS damage to players. But yeah, someone would have to test in dynamis or one of the BC's with a RNG mob to be sure.

Campaign
    BG Level

Anybody tested the new Footwork JA for MNK?
    Previously it used to work like this:
    Spoiler: show

Stance-like JA (cooldown = duration)
    Kick attacks (the ones that can normally proc during autoattack) used as base autoattack.
    KA damage = H2H base damage plus a +damage bonus coming from feet equipment (only certain items provide this bonus)
    Footwork then adds another additional +18damage to the previous formula.
    Footwork also adds a ~10% Attack bonus.
    Delay fixed at 480, Martial Arts traits ignored.
    +Damage and +Delay on main weapon ignored. +stats bonus on weapon are not.
    WS still use hand +damage for calculations, except Dragon Kick and Tornado Kick, which use Kick damage for WS damage calculation
    WS TP return formula changed. Instead of just the first hit, the first TWO hits give full TP return, additional hits 1 TP (before STP is calculated)

Tantra Gaiters +2, if worn before activation of the JA, provided an additional ~5% attack bonus. 7% and 10% respectively for the reforged 109 and 119 versions

Now Footwork became just a small 60 seconds every 5 minutes DPS cooldown.
    When active it provides a certain X% boost to the activation rate of Kick Attacks.
    What else?
    Does it still provide the +X% attack bonus when active?
    Does it still provide the +18 damage bonus to KA when active?
    Does it still make so Tornado Kick and Dragon Kick use KA damage instead of h2h?
    What about the TP return?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Does it still make so Tornado Kick and Dragon Kick use KA damage instead of h2h?
    Patch notes says this was unchanged

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Patch notes says this was unchanged
    Yeah, but this doesn't make sense, unless Footwork still gives the +18 damage to KAs as it did before.

Even if it does, quite frankly, it would still be stupid and it would actually be a NEGATIVE bonus, not a positive one lol.

H2H weapons give over 150 or more base damage, with roughly 45 base damage.
    I mean when the JA was originally created the damage was ~30 from base, ~20 from weapon. In such a scenario a +18 for Footwork was relevant and made sense.
    Now we have ~45 from base and ~150 from weapon. +18 is laughable at most these days. Doesn't even come close to cover the huge gap that got created by the ilevel weapons.
    They should've updated the KA damage calculation formula in general =/

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

if I'm understanding what you're saying, its irrelevant. Tornado and Dragon used KA regardless if footwork was up or not.

Campaign
    BG Level

Are you sure about that? As far as I know that happened only with Footwork active.

Anyway, whatever the new JA is, it can't be worse than what Footwork was before (i.e. completely useless).
    From this perspective it can only be good no matter how big or small of a DPS improvement it gives.
    It still kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth because it seems a very rushed and superficial reworking of the JA, but I guess it's better than nothing...

They should really do something about normal KA procs. During the 75 era they used to be those rare attacks that are very powerful and happen every now and then during attack rounds.
    Now they're additional shitty TP generating attacks that do really shit damage compared to the autoattacks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    if I'm understanding what you're saying, its irrelevant. Tornado and Dragon used KA regardless if footwork was up or not.
    Nah they only use KA formula under Footworks. So if they still do base damage would be +98 (18+80) at best compared to +129~ through +157~ depending on your weapon and/or augments.

Campaign
    BG Level

There's also an additional +10 from JPs, but yeah. The point is that the damage bonus from Footwork wasn't enough even when you didn't have those huge +DMG values on the weapons.
    Now you do, so basically kick attacks suck in general and they're only really good for the additionally generated TP, which allows you to WS faster.

They should've fixed the formula, increase the base DMG of Kick Attacks in general.
    Altough I guess even without that, the new Footwork can't possibly be worse than the old one...