Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All three were duoable on N with PLD/WAR and THF/RUN (with trusts of course). Trust team for all 3 was Amchuchu, Apururu, Koru-Moru, and Joachim.

Diabolos took forever, though, mainly because trust WHM can be derpy about Erasing Bio, and for some reason Apururu sat at like 20 mp, 3k TP, and she wouldn't Nott.

Did Fenrir D with RUN WHM COR GEO THF DNC. Very easy win, even if the COR died three times.

Apururu if she has refresh and people are hurt she'll get locked into spamming cure 1 over and over or cure 2 instead of weapon skilling. It's really annoying. Just pray she doesn't get that bad. I've had her sit at 0 MP, 3000 TP and just stare into the distance for maybe 30 seconds before deciding to Nott.

Also confirming PLD/WAR and THF duo with Trusts is a joke. Can solo as PLD on Normal, Aegis is a must for Fenrir. Not sure if Carby/Diabolos have en-spell (haven't fought) but Fenrir will do 200-600 easy (absorbed one hit for 640, so just an example). Phalanx/Aegis and it's 0. Do the fight on Easy if you're wanting to test it first but on Normal, about 20 minutes solo.

Carby does have en-light.
    But at somepoint he seemed to have lost it for a little bit.
    Perhaps either a blue or a red proc did that?
    (From what I can tell, red was WS during a TP move, will cancel that one but he'll do another in a couple seconds... Usually was the same, but would sometimes be different.
    Blue was magic during his TP moves, possibly his wards. Only saw it once and it canceled a Healing Ruby.... What was so strange was that SS proced it? It could have been one of the Trusts, but I didn't see anything in the log.)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Carby also heals from enlight, so paladins try not to do that! Going to assume the same holds true for Endark and Fenrir/Diabolos.

Diabolos N again, piss easy duo PLD/WAR and RNG/DNC for Divine Waltz wakeup power on tank 'n trusts. Apparently standing 21 yalms away in the corner doesn't get his notice at all. I have relic gun if that matters at all; it might, because he never once looked at me. This could almost certainly be duoed this way without trust, assuming your PLD has Aegis and at least one merit in Chivalry. Carby and Fenrir are a bit harder, as their Astral Flow has one hell of a range. Searing Light nuked me from over 27 yalms away.

Amchuchu tanks these guys like a champ, but their physical moves do hurt her. Moonlit Charge in particular is pretty strong on N.

Now, if only these things would drop gear I wanted instead of everything for my duo partner.

Did Diabolos now on Normal as PLD/DNC and THF/RUN dual box. Incredibly stressful fight, but doable. I used Apururu, Ferrous Coffin (2 auto-refresh, erase, won't spam Pro/Shell cause he can't), Moogle and Koru-Moru. Ran in, pulled Diabolos to the right corner, spammed hate. Night Terror I believe is some extremely small radius from the target, or maybe even him, but my THF if I was balls deep on Diabolos would be hit, but standing maybe 3.0 or so he'd be fine. 3.5 for extreme safety. I pretty much saved TP to remove my bio/curse or anything else, and to remove the same from the npcs since they're a little slow. Just do Divine Waltz to wake everyone immediately and play defensively. Had my THF just doing SA Rudra's anytime he could and besides that survived.

Definitely can do this with RNGs if they stand 21+ or so away in the diagonal corner the tank holds. I never lost hate to my THF but then again, dual box and yeah. 24-25 minute or so solo. Aegis fight, no way around it. Nether Blast is the killer here, about 920 to me each time. Can't stress defense play as PLD. Really don't see a PLD soloing this on Normal, but again, dual box or duo, somewhat easy win. He will only 2 hour once unlike the other avatars and Ruinous Omen can't kill you although it will hurt, so cure yourself and pray Apururu has MP for curaga or just heal them yourself asap.

Got an earring, then a katana on the 2 runs.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You got my Katana D:

Nice info, though, and I certainly wouldn't want to dualbox that fight as I consider it fairly annoying due to curse spam. When we did it with PLD and THF we also only came in for a quick SA, because getting caught in Nightmare isn't really a good thing.

Carby seems to be somewhat evasive in comparison with the other two, but his melee attacks aren't as strong as Fenrir's.

Healing Ruby II is 900% annoying.

Campaign
    BG Level

Where is the Pso'xja HP for Diabolos? I can't find it.

Edit:
    Nevermind found it

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can Nether Blast be resisted?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

As far as I remember, it can only be mitigated by Magic Defense and probably BDT.