+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project Fi invite...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Project Fi invite...

So I got my invite to Project Fi, but I am currently enrolled with Sprint and have that integrated with Google Voice so can't sign up just yet. Questions for anyone who might be able to answer them:

1) I'm still paying $20/month to Sprint for my phone payment plan. If I cancel with them will I have to lump sum pay off the phone or still a monthly thing? And is there a cancellation fee?

2) Currently only the Nexus 6 works with Project Fi, any estimations on when a cheaper phone might be able to work for this? Is the Nexus 6 worth the price tag? Buy a $50-100 cheaper one on eBay or don't risk it?

3) Can I just use Project Fi as a google voice on my current phone (LG G2) until I get the Nexus 6?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

1) "What happens if I cancel my service prior to completing my lease term?

If you cancel service during your lease term, you are required to pay the remaining lease payments plus the Purchase Option Price listed in your Lease Agreement. If you return your device in good, working condition, the device purchase option price will be credited to your account." source

2) "When will Project Fi support other smartphones?
    The Nexus 6 is the first smartphone that supports Project Fi's network of networks. During Project Fi's Early Access Program we plan to only support the Nexus 6." - source

3) Not sure, but probably not