1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 2 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 7 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dps Tiers     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Dps Tiers

So in the new expantion using about same ilv gear, what wold ppl say are the new tiers in dps dmg? im asuming that the new abilities make a new tier list so what wold you ppl say are the top 3 dps classes now?

Considering barely anyone is high enough ilvl to properly compare it's incredibly hard to say so early.

I'd say tentatively SMN/MNK/DRG are at the top without really knowing much about new rotations, NIN/BLM/BRD/MAC behind them. Again, hard to say at this moment since no consistently ilvl and early days. For now assume anyone who can play their job properly will give you adequate DPS and don't worry about tiers until like...Alexander Savage or Normal.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Right now I'd say T1 is SMN/DRG, T2 MNK/NIN/maybeBLM T3 BRD T4 MCH. I feel REALLY bad for Machinist right now because they seem pretty broken at core, or maybe we just haven't figured out playstyle, but they just have a lot of trouble keeping up in raw DPS. I do hope it's my imagination and parses say otherwise once ACT is completely patched up, but such is what I've felt in groups.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

lol BLM isn't T2.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BLM is T1(tied with SMN) only under certain conditions.. otherwise.. right there with MCH -.-

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As far as I've seen, BLM is now much more dependent on being immobile than ever, otherwise the Enochian refreshes get fucked, Leylines useless, etc. Am I right?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    As far as I've seen, BLM is now much more dependent on being immobile than ever, otherwise the Enochian refreshes get fucked, Leylines useless, etc. Am I right?
    I think many BLMs are still getting used to having to think quickly and anticipate what's coming up in a fight, rather than mindlessly cycling through a rotation. Once more of them learn the fights and know when and where to drop Ley Lines, when to refresh Enochian early and when they can let it wait to the last second, etc., we'll start seeing better performance.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

AOE - SMN and BLM
    Single Target(stationary) - BLM DRG/MNK
    Single Target(Dynamic) - SMN DRG/NIN/MNK
    FOE/TP Bitch - MCH/BRD

Black mage and Summoner are the only dps classes that share gear, take advantage of it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

DPS > Tank > Healer

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    DPS > Tank > Healer
    though the verdict is still out there if it's actually DPS > Tank > MCH > Healer

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

is MCH that bad? ¬.¬

In my experience, if you add in the turret damage mch damage hasn't been that bad.

It's kind of like smn where 95% of people just look at them being low on hate and ignore the fact their pet does damage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    is MCH that bad? ¬.¬
    Pretty much same as brd, brd might be like 10-20 dps more from what I've seen in ravex/bex.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All these dps comparisons are being made while dot damage isn't calculated correctly on the parser, right? Or was that fixed already?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Really don't think MCH dps is as bad as what people think with the DoT + turret and the 121323 rotation instead of the idiots who just do 123 123 123 and waste ammo. Not the best, but not bad.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    All these dps comparisons are being made while dot damage isn't calculated correctly on the parser, right? Or was that fixed already?
    Spoiler: show
    I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶m̶u̶l̶a̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶d̶e̶r̶i̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶.

See below.

What do some of the Rav Ex parses look like? I consistently see DRG and MNK pretty high with BLM and SMN trailing close behind. Haven't been able to party with a MCH or NIN. BRD is substantially lower but to be expected.

BLM can pull pretty far ahead if the mechanics are known beforehand just like 2.0. If SMN has the opportunity to cleave 2+ butterflies and the boss, they pull ahead and stay that way.

What I am noticing is that DRG and MNK's burst has been buffed quite substantially.

Would help to report highest DPS values people have seen per class on Rav Ex.
    Basically, what's the highest parse you've seen for each class in this particular encounter?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

my DPS on ravana EX (for 5 sec intervals) was 885.7 on NIN

my dummy dps for 3 mins 05 sec is 1177

im sure drg/mnk/smn can easily surpass those numbers, especially in a raid setup with trick attacks making them Tier 1 for sure

BLM afaik is same lvl as nin, or worse depending if they got time to stay still, which most cases they dont

also we only got ONE set of 180 to work with now, w/o any chance to optimise and also still not figured how SS works etc etc so DPS should be able to go higher for all jobs from here

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Sounds about right, My blm is doing 1100 at 3min on a dummy i171 no food..etc
    I imagine with foe or an arrow card that number could swell pretty large. Have not done primals yet but on random bosses where I have to dodge shit all the time I fluctuate from 700-950 depending on how bad I screw my rotation(which always happens).

My smn is only doing like 850 at 3min , maybe my rotation is messed though. Not sure what people are doing yet. edit - ok got up to 900 now sure I can keep getting more out of it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I was doing 1050 as mnk on dummy for 3 mins + at i169 with no food but with party buff.
    I'm i173 now but didn't parse yet.