Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Windurst Mission 9-1 (Goobbue Hummus)

So in coming back to the game last month one of my initial goals has been to finish all the storylines. Unfortunately I seem to be stuck on Windurst 9-1 as I cannot get Goobbue Hummus to drop. I've been killing the Elder Goobbues on the second map of The Boyadha Tree for the last two nights and I think I'm doing something wrong. Between the BGWiki, FFXIclopedia, and FFXIAH none of them seem to agree on where and from what it can drop. I guess I'm mostly looking for clarification on where/what I should be killing to get this damn thing so I can cross this mission set off of my to-do list.

Sorry to clutter up the forums but with no RQT thread any more and nothing coming up in the search that didn't involve reading hundreds of pages of posts this seemed to be my only option.

PS Yes, I have checked my inventory repeatedly, it just doesn't seem to be dropping.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Try some of the gobbues outside in Zitah. a few months back they moved some drops around. There was an item used for monster rearing that only dropped off of the NM there that pops once a day and dropped 1 or 2 of the food item. So SE made it drop of the normal gobbues there and i think moved another gobbue drop to gobbues in zitah. I might be wrong but I'd give it a try.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Try some of the gobbues outside in Zitah. a few months back they moved some drops around. There was an item used for monster rearing that only dropped off of the NM there that pops once a day and dropped 1 or 2 of the food item. So SE made it drop of the normal gobbues there and i think moved another gobbue drop to gobbues in zitah. I might be wrong but I'd give it a try.
    This is correct. The lower floor goobbues in tree and the goobbues in zi'tah drop it, elder goobbue no longer do. I would recommend zi'tah, due to the rarity of lower floor spawns in tree.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Wonderful. I'm not sure if I'm more irritated with myself for spending so much time up there and never really killing any of the other options (both of which were mentioned in various places) or that I didn't ask earlier. Thanks for the help guys, it's much appreciated.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So if anyone wants to edit the wiki's:

Goobbue Gardeners in the Sanctuary of Zi’tah now drop goobbue humus.

Elder Goobbues in the Boyahda Tree now drop great boyahda moss instead of goobbue humus.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post540598