Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post

Oh yeah and asking me anything about YarnBall ingame was insta-blacklist.

Good thing I only pestered you on aim then.

Constantly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He said he clocked in 48 hours of playtime in 72 hours. That's not 48 hours straight. I never logout and I have not flagged this 48 hour system - so I'm assuming if it exists you're talking about 48 hours of continuous action.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiku View Post
    He said he clocked in 48 hours of playtime in 72 hours. That's not 48 hours straight. I never logout and I have not flagged this 48 hour system - so I'm assuming if it exists you're talking about 48 hours of continuous action.
    I don't know that it's exactly 48 hours, but it seems pretty obvious there's an activity meter or something similar. Farming bots aren't being detected when used for short periods of time. Any way to detect bot's behavior from legitimate player actions should be able to do so in 30 minutes to two hours maximum, depending on the targets, and I've known people to bot 3-4 hours daily still without any action taken against them. This means an automatic bot detection system isn't in place. Given the accuracy of the people getting banned, I'd say it's almost certainly due to hours played. I'm not saying it's safe to bot at a certain time ratio, but if the detection were based on bots behavior they'd certainly had enough opportunity to catch it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Making the call now. I just wanna know what it was so I don't do whatever I did again. If it was triggered by my all double all nighters of fishing for ebisu+1, then Ill just have to take it easy I guess.

Geez, SE really isn't kidding about that "remember your real life" messege.

WoW just gives you exp bonuses for taking breaks, SE bans you for being too hardcore lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Making the call now. I just wanna know what it was so I don't do whatever I did again. If it was triggered by my all double all nighters of fishing for ebisu+1, then Ill just have to take it easy I guess.

Geez, SE really isn't kidding about that "remember your real life" messege.

WoW just gives you exp bonuses for taking breaks, SE bans you for being too hardcore lol
    They wont and with the way they compartmentalize can't actually tell you. According to every service rep I've talked to and a few GMs any customer service rep you can actually talk to are given pretty much the same information that you got in the email. Any people with more information will be unreachable by you and there policy seems to be no direct talking between the 2. At best they can send some other department an email which will promptly not be responded. It's part of the reason that calling customer service for pretty much anything is 99.9% of the time an exercise in futility

It's fairly likely that it was the hardcore fishing. SE has always gone by appearance is reality in terms of guilt and everything over the last several months has seemed to point at that SE no longer believes long periods of play are normal play behavior probably more so if it's mostly similar stuff. Which is funny because at one point they seemed to at least partially market to that group... like when they said some monster should take 18 hours straight to kill

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So as a returning player....they ban for being logged in for too long now? I never log off and did my ebisu+1 in a 24 hour stretch as well. Is it really required you dont run an overnight bazaar etc? Or do we not know?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by barber2006 View Post
    So as a returning player....they ban for being logged in for too long now? I never log off and did my ebisu+1 in a 24 hour stretch as well. Is it really required you dont run an overnight bazaar etc? Or do we not know?
    This is bullshit, I want to murder Saevel for pushing out this bullshit narrative that other idiots buy into and commonly parrot it.
    You wont get banned for being logged in for too long. You can afk for a week straight, you wont get banned. You can play for 8-12 hours a day for a week straight if you so desired, theres a good chance you wont get banned.

You probably WILL get banned though if you are actually doing shit for 24+ hours straight.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah its not being logged in straight time, the game can tell the difference between being afk or not. Thats why the game has a built in auto afk log out system.

Its being unafk for some unknown value straight. Like fishing non stop for 20 hours or some shit. I pulled a double all nighter with just an 8 hour nap and fished the entire rest of the time fishing for my ebisu.

Between that and chatting with ls while waiting for boats and other such shit, buying bait etc, I was unafk for over 24 hours straight according to the server.

If there does exist some anti afk bot detector bullshit on SEs side, I guess that couldve been what tripped it and got me a temp.

I can see how that would be fucking crazy for a normal player, but I stream diablo 3 all the time. Whenever a new ladder season comes out I have streamed for up to 20 hours straight before taking my first nap. Gotta gun for that top 500 yo.

So as soon as I saw that the game records your place on the ebisu, shit was fucking on.

Ill just remember this as the time I was so fucking hardcore SE's auto ban system assumed I was a robot. <3

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I find it hard to believe someone was fishing legit for 20 hours...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Thing is, the quest makes you fish dozens of different zones, it's not like sitting 20 hours straight at Beaucedine cliffs. I would be surprised if OP spent more than 60 minutes at any given spot.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Thing is, the quest makes you fish dozens of different zones, it's not like sitting 20 hours straight at Beaucedine cliffs. I would be surprised if OP spent more than 60 minutes at any given spot.
    I had to visit over 35 different zones, and had to wait for the various ferries and shit a dozen times so that alone ate up like 2 hours of my time.

Fuck that manaclipper and phaneut channel.

And yeah I did actually play for 20 hours before my first nap. I was chatting with ls members the whole time too. Was nodding off by the end. I kind of wish I could go back and stream it. Make a sick montage and put some music to it, lol.

To note I took a nap directly before the 20 hour grind too. I set my alarm to wake me up right when the update was going to finish, so I slept for a good 5 hours before I started. Totally worth it still.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Good thing I only pestered you on aim then.

Constantly.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post

One of my favorite activity in FFXI was to report assholes talking openly about stuff like windower, tpparty and the likes. I would even ask the person more questions about the tools they used to be sure the GMs had a nice chat log.

They usually ended up MIA after a few weeks.

Oh yeah and asking me anything about YarnBall ingame was insta-blacklist.
    well you're a useless petty hater if ever i saw one

especially since SE themselves have added tpparty, you can rot in hell

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    I had to visit over 35 different zones, and had to wait for the various ferries and shit a dozen times so that alone ate up like 2 hours of my time.

Fuck that manaclipper and phaneut channel.

And yeah I did actually play for 20 hours before my first nap. I was chatting with ls members the whole time too. Was nodding off by the end. I kind of wish I could go back and stream it. Make a sick montage and put some music to it, lol.

To note I took a nap directly before the 20 hour grind too. I set my alarm to wake me up right when the update was going to finish, so I slept for a good 5 hours before I started. Totally worth it still.
    Maybe they banned you for your own good for violating the "don't forget your life" message that shows up every time you open the game!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Not that crazy what with waiting on boats and just auto running some here and there so easy to take small breaks here and there. Back when I wasn't working I once camped an lotto nm with a 5 min repop on for over a week only taking 30 min naps after nm pops

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by steellord View Post
    well you're a useless petty hater if ever i saw one

especially since SE themselves have added tpparty, you can rot in hell
    Swing and a miss.

Whether you used 3rd party programs or not, talking openly about that stuff during the HNM days was absolutely deserving of a banhammer.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Way back when the level cap was 75 and hitting 75 took a good % of your life I had a friend that had a 36 hour party non stop. They just kept swapping in people and he kept going. It's stupid for an MMO company to pretend legitimate players don't do shit like that.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Thats back then...back when people camped kings for 9 hours a day
    When it took a couple thousand manhours to get a PW pop
    When you needed a mill xp and 5k xp/hr was "amazing"

Times change

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Thats back then...back when people camped kings for 9 hours a day
    When it took a couple thousand manhours to get a PW pop
    When you needed a mill xp and 5k xp/hr was "amazing"

Times change
    This is a very fair and valid point that we can't forget.

The ffxi we play now is not the same ffxi from 10 years ago.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Funny how cheating today is so normal that bans seems w/o reason.