Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

The funny thing is if he is Vivivivi as Valli suggested in one of the ban threads, the people he played with on Quetz were all cheaters, and im sure he's still playing with the same bunch on Asura, so I really don't get his whole crusade here.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Using Ashita or Windower alone will not get you banned. There is nothing in the client to detect injected modules, hooked functions, etc. From day one this game has never had an anti-cheat built into the client. There have been and still are some preventitive measures, but no actual anti-cheat like GameGuard, nProtect, HackShield, PunkBuster, VAC, etc. That said, there is no way for them to know you are using Ashita or Windower alone.

The only way they will be able to tell you are using either windowing tool is through the plugins you make use of. (And even then it is hit or miss based on the plugins used.) I cannot speak for Windower related things, but for Ashita I can say the following for the available plugins:

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLUGINS
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Addons          - [WARN] Hit or miss depending on the addon being used. (See below.)
    AshitaCast      - [WARN] Can potentially get you banned due to manipulation of packets.
    Bellhop         - [WARN] Can potentially get you banned due to manipulation of packets.
    servo           - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as commands are relayed and executed as if you typed them.
    navi            - [WARN] Can get you banned due to being a hack related plugin. (Speed hacks, position hacks, etc.)
    AshitaIRC       - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as no packets are touched and is just a chat mod.
    WatchEXP        - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as no packets are edited and data is just read.
    no-ckback       - [WARN] Can get you banned due to blocking positional update effects.
    Greed           - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as no packets are edited and data is just read.
    Deeps           - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as no packets are edited and data is just read.
    Shorthand       - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as no packets are touched. (Command input overriding.)
    Dressme         - [WARN] Can potentially get you banned due to manipulation of packets.
    FishingFix      - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as this fixes a crash bug in the client.
    Guildwork       - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as packets are not edited and just read.
    Autojoin        - [----] Unknown. (This may make use of packets.)
    Duration        - [----] Unknown. (This may make use of packets.)
    Enternity       - [SAFE] Pretty sure this should be safe though as it just adjusts the chat type of line-stopping chat entries.
    Gearlock        - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as this prevents client sided visual updates.
    Lootwhore       - [WARN] Can potentially get you banned due to manipulation of packets.
    StatusTimers    - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as no packets are edited and data is just read.
    Volumizer       - [SAFE] Should have no problems as this just adjusts the volume of the game/system.

ADDONS
    Find            - [SAFE] Client sided memory scanning for items in various containers.
    Synplicity      - [WARN] Sends a packet to repeat synths. 
    Gateway         - [WARN] Opens all doors in the game allowing you to walk through them even if they are closed on the server.
    Repeater        - [SAFE] Repeats a command.
    pbar            - [SAFE] Just displays information from memory.
    ibar            - [SAFE] Just displays information from memory.
    skeletonkey     - [WARN] Opens closed doors client sided allowing you to walk through them even if they are closed on the server.
    singlerace      - [SAFE] Client sided incoming packet adjustments to make everyone the same race.
    recast          - [SAFE] Reads memory and displays count down timers of skills and spells.
    onevent         - [SAFE] Automatically invokes commands based on chat.
    mapdot          - [SAFE] Adjustment to memory to have all objects displayed on the mini-map regardless of your job.
    macrofix        - [SAFE] Adjustment to memory to make the macro bar show and hide instantly. 
    lotomatic       - [WARN] Sends packets to handle the treasure pool.
    ime             - [WARN] While this is a simple memory edit to enable the IME toolbar on any language client this can be detected. (See below for more info.)
    filterscan      - [SAFE] Client sided wide-scan packet filtering.
    debuff          - [WARN] Sends packets to mimic canceling a buff.
    clock           - [SAFE] Displays clock information.
    chatmon         - [SAFE] Monitors chat for events and plays a sound when conditions are met.
    cfhblock        - [SAFE] Blocks call for help packets from ever being sent.
    autorespond     - [SAFE] Auto responds to whispers. (Although this could be potentially dangerous if a GM starts talking to you while you are afk.)
    allmaps         - [SAFE] Client sided memory edit to force the client to think you have every map in the game.
    Some notes on the above:
    IME - This addon makes a change to the client memory to fake the client into thinking its language is non-English and enables the IME toolbar. While this edit is safe, the client does inform the server of what language is being used at login. SE could, in theory, add detection if your client should not have the IME enabled but you are talking in a language normally not supported by the client in use. So this is a use with caution type addon.

Any and all plugins/addons that make use of packets have the potential to cause issues. Even if the plugin or addon only modifies incoming packets, this could potentially be a hazard. The data that is altered could be resent to the server later on by some other packet which could cause SE to see a difference in data. Anything that makes use of packets should be used with extreme caution.

Same goes for memory edits. A simple memory edit could lead to data being sent to the server unintentionally. For example, Clipper and other tools have had a status hack in them that allows you to "desync" from the server and move around freely while the server locks your character in place from the time you desynced. This flag is handled client sided, however the flag is sent to the server in a packet. So something that may seem client sided and harmless can potentially lead to getting you banned as well.

Third party tools such as Ashita, Windower, Clipper, bots, etc. all come with a similar terms of use stating that you are using things at your own risk. While these tools are here to make the lives of players better and enhance the game play (be it fun and simple like Ashita/Windower or something to gain leverage like a bot or Clipper), they are still against the games terms of service and come with no warranty. You use these things at your own risk. You agree that you are at fault if you land up getting banned while using any of these tools.

If you are paranoid in getting banned again I would suggest not playing with any tools at all. Or play on a console. (The game does send the platform you are playing on when you connect to the server.) So you have a lot less chance of being banned on a console then on PC. (Not to say they have not just banned people on consoles for no reason as well.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    Using Ashita or Windower alone will not get you banned. There is nothing in the client to detect injected modules, hooked functions, etc. From day one this game has never had an anti-cheat built into the client. There have been and still are some preventitive measures, but no actual anti-cheat like GameGuard, nProtect, HackShield, PunkBuster, VAC, etc. That said, there is no way for them to know you are using Ashita or Windower alone.

The only way they will be able to tell you are using either windowing tool is through the plugins you make use of. (And even then it is hit or miss based on the plugins used.) I cannot speak for Windower related things, but for Ashita I can say the following for the available plugins:

Code:
    PLUGINS
    Addons          - [WARN] Hit or miss depending on the addon being used. (See below.)
    AshitaCast      - [WARN] Can potentially get you banned due to manipulation of packets.
    Bellhop         - [WARN] Can potentially get you banned due to manipulation of packets.
    servo           - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as commands are relayed and executed as if you typed them.
    navi            - [WARN] Can get you banned due to being a hack related plugin. (Speed hacks, position hacks, etc.)
    AshitaIRC       - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as no packets are touched and is just a chat mod.
    WatchEXP        - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as no packets are edited and data is just read.
    no-ckback       - [WARN] Can get you banned due to blocking positional update effects.
    Greed           - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as no packets are edited and data is just read.
    Deeps           - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as no packets are edited and data is just read.
    Shorthand       - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as no packets are touched. (Command input overriding.)
    Dressme         - [WARN] Can potentially get you banned due to manipulation of packets.
    FishingFix      - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as this fixes a crash bug in the client.
    Guildwork       - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as packets are not edited and just read.
    Autojoin        - [----] Unknown. (This may make use of packets.)
    Duration        - [----] Unknown. (This may make use of packets.)
    Enternity       - [SAFE] Pretty sure this should be safe though as it just adjusts the chat type of line-stopping chat entries.
    Gearlock        - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as this prevents client sided visual updates.
    Lootwhore       - [WARN] Can potentially get you banned due to manipulation of packets.
    StatusTimers    - [SAFE] Should not cause any issues as no packets are edited and data is just read.
    Volumizer       - [SAFE] Should have no problems as this just adjusts the volume of the game/system.

ADDONS
    Find            - [SAFE] Client sided memory scanning for items in various containers.
    Synplicity      - [WARN] Sends a packet to repeat synths. 
    Gateway         - [WARN] Opens all doors in the game allowing you to walk through them even if they are closed on the server.
    Repeater        - [SAFE] Repeats a command.
    pbar            - [SAFE] Just displays information from memory.
    ibar            - [SAFE] Just displays information from memory.
    skeletonkey     - [WARN] Opens closed doors client sided allowing you to walk through them even if they are closed on the server.
    singlerace      - [SAFE] Client sided incoming packet adjustments to make everyone the same race.
    recast          - [SAFE] Reads memory and displays count down timers of skills and spells.
    onevent         - [SAFE] Automatically invokes commands based on chat.
    mapdot          - [SAFE] Adjustment to memory to have all objects displayed on the mini-map regardless of your job.
    macrofix        - [SAFE] Adjustment to memory to make the macro bar show and hide instantly. 
    lotomatic       - [WARN] Sends packets to handle the treasure pool.
    ime             - [WARN] While this is a simple memory edit to enable the IME toolbar on any language client this can be detected. (See below for more info.)
    filterscan      - [SAFE] Client sided wide-scan packet filtering.
    debuff          - [WARN] Sends packets to mimic canceling a buff.
    clock           - [SAFE] Displays clock information.
    chatmon         - [SAFE] Monitors chat for events and plays a sound when conditions are met.
    cfhblock        - [SAFE] Blocks call for help packets from ever being sent.
    autorespond     - [SAFE] Auto responds to whispers. (Although this could be potentially dangerous if a GM starts talking to you while you are afk.)
    allmaps         - [SAFE] Client sided memory edit to force the client to think you have every map in the game.
    Some notes on the above:
    IME - This addon makes a change to the client memory to fake the client into thinking its language is non-English and enables the IME toolbar. While this edit is safe, the client does inform the server of what language is being used at login. SE could, in theory, add detection if your client should not have the IME enabled but you are talking in a language normally not supported by the client in use. So this is a use with caution type addon.

Any and all plugins/addons that make use of packets have the potential to cause issues. Even if the plugin or addon only modifies incoming packets, this could potentially be a hazard. The data that is altered could be resent to the server later on by some other packet which could cause SE to see a difference in data. Anything that makes use of packets should be used with extreme caution.

Same goes for memory edits. A simple memory edit could lead to data being sent to the server unintentionally. For example, Clipper and other tools have had a status hack in them that allows you to "desync" from the server and move around freely while the server locks your character in place from the time you desynced. This flag is handled client sided, however the flag is sent to the server in a packet. So something that may seem client sided and harmless can potentially lead to getting you banned as well.

Third party tools such as Ashita, Windower, Clipper, bots, etc. all come with a similar terms of use stating that you are using things at your own risk. While these tools are here to make the lives of players better and enhance the game play (be it fun and simple like Ashita/Windower or something to gain leverage like a bot or Clipper), they are still against the games terms of service and come with no warranty. You use these things at your own risk. You agree that you are at fault if you land up getting banned while using any of these tools.

If you are paranoid in getting banned again I would suggest not playing with any tools at all. Or play on a console. (The game does send the platform you are playing on when you connect to the server.) So you have a lot less chance of being banned on a console then on PC. (Not to say they have not just banned people on consoles for no reason as well.)
    Did a post get deleted before atom0s's? Odd day for a bump as I know a few people got banned last night.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

No new posts that i noticed

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Same, was just a very detailed necro.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

here's a random question since we're on the subject, (somewhat)

would windower's config of FPS uncap (<FrameRateDivisor>0</FrameRateDivisor>)...... be a [SAFE] or a [WARN]?

I'm amazed at how fast the game feels; first time uncapping the framerates

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Hmm it showed up fairly close to the top of the forum for me. Didn't mean to necro a post, sorry about that.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well i do truly believe it's report driven now and STF doesn't even verify accusations. I was harmlessly botting multiple chars and caught some little twat named Skywynd on asura in the log going on about reporting to STF, then got hit with 72hr the next day. It was only the character in the same zone so the others were not reported and still have not been hit 2 months later. No, i never used flee/pos on those chars. I don't even have such a script currently

AND in revenge i reported the little fucker to STF, making up that he was botting goobbues 24/7. Yeah i know they nerfed those, but the point is they're also not totally oblivious of it. Well, very soon after skywynd disappeared for good soooo draw your own conclusions

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Skywynd

So if anyone gets on your nerves or tries to white knight you, just get everyone you know to submit multiple STF reports

And any white knight m-fer on asura, take this as a warning! I can afford to lose mules a lot more than you can your account

Quote Originally Posted by steellord View Post
    Well i do truly believe it's report driven now and STF doesn't even verify accusations. I was harmlessly botting multiple chars and caught some little twat named Skywynd on asura in the log going on about reporting to STF, then got hit with 72hr the next day. It was only the character in the same zone so the others were not reported and still have not been hit 2 months later. No, i never used flee/pos on those chars. I don't even have such a script currently

AND in revenge i reported the little fucker to STF, making up that he was botting goobbues 24/7. Yeah i know they nerfed those, but the point is they're also not totally oblivious of it. Well, very soon after skywynd disappeared for good soooo draw your own conclusions

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Skywynd

So if anyone gets on your nerves or tries to white knight you, just get everyone you know to submit multiple STF reports

And any white knight m-fer on asura, take this as a warning! I can afford to lose mules a lot more than you can your account
    People like you still exist in 2016? LOL

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thank you Steel. I needed a good laugh

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I didn't get laughter. I got an overwhelming sense of pity.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hope you guys don't have your character names posted anywhere, or you're done!

This thread has been necro'd a lot.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

dude where's my arenz? i never gave it away. I want it back!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6