Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just Got LM-11d for no reason, anyone else?

According to the email, it was for the following:

2.1 Cheating and Botting. You may not create or use any cheats, bots, automation software, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized software designed to modify the Game and gameplay. In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay.
    Got a 3 day temp.

Except for the following issue: the only third party software I use nowadays is Ashita.

I use the following plugins:
    Ashitacast
    FPS
    The other usual visual stuff, tpparty etc.

I havent fish botted in years, thats behind me. No need to fish anymore period. Didnt even use any third party stuff to +1 my ebisu >_>

Definitely dont speed hack or any of that shit. In fact as far as I know all the main speed hack programs are broken as of last update and no one has been fixing them.

So... Is the special task force banning people who use ashitacast now? Its literally the only 3rd party tool I use anymore, and have used for months.

Also another weird thing: the email said I was found to be doing whatever activity it was on the 6th.

I got this email in the middle of the day on the 5th...?

Contacting the support phone line tomorrow to get to the bottom of this. I can actually say 100% for sure the only tool I was using was ashitacast. Last time I used any other *ahem* stuff was... months ago :/

And the email pretty explicitly states I was 'caught' doing whatever it was tomorrow... tomorrow? I don't even know.

Either way, kind of frustrated with the deal. GMs cant help me and all of SE support is offline til tomorrow.

Anyone else experienced this?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Its the 6th in Japan...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Its the 6th in Japan...
    Thats what I thought. Still seems odd. That means whatever they think I did was found.... today between 9 am and 5 pm.

I was bazaaring stones from previous skirmishes until 2 pm today, did a single rala waterways run, and then was just watching adoulin mission CSes.

I was mostly afk waiting for the "Wait until next game day" missions, other than that all I did today was one rala waterways run and watched cutscenes...

Nothing RMT related in there to be honest, and you know what? I was on beastmaster which I don't have an xml for ashitacast set up for all day, so I wasn't even using ashitacast all day...!

If I wasn't even using ashitacast, I was literally not using /any/ third party software all day today... wtf would I have gotten a suspension for?

Banned.

BG Level

Well clearly you must have been up to something even if you don't want to admit it

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    Well clearly you must have been up to something even if you don't want to admit it
    No, honestly wasnt. Like actually spent the last few days doing adoulin missions and the occasional skirmish run with ls.

We did delve runs a couple days ago?

Ive been playing on bst casually, literally havent even had a need for any 3rd party bullshit even if I wanted to use.

9 am - 2pm: afk bazaaring

2pm - 3 pm: durdly semi afk chatting with ls about my plans for the day and week while waiting on adoulin cutscene cooldown.

3pm-4pm ls wanted to do a rala skirmish, I was already on bst so I warped over to rala, helped them with run, then warp ringed back into adoulin.

4pm - 5:30(suspension) sat and fucked around with that stupid ass backjack versus minigame you gotta do for mission 3-4-1 of adoulin. Finished that after like 45 minutes of that and did the next couple CSes.

Then I got a suspension while I was walking from one npc to another for a Cs.

This has been my day to day kind of stuff Ive been doing all week long. I havent touched dynamis in several days, havent touched salvage in weeks, only did fishing a week ago when the update dropped and for obvious reasons I couldn't even use 3rd party shit if I wanted to (everything breaks right after an update, so even if I had wanted to chat to get that ebisu I couldnt. Everything wouldve been broken)

Skirmish on bst (no ashitacast xml), delve on bst, and slowly working my way through adoulin cutscene missions. Thats all Ive done the past week and a bit since this update.

Cant even accuse me of speedhacking, all the popular speedhack programs have been broken forever except novo, which afaik the guy who does novo hasnt even patched novo since last update either.

Nadda.

I have two things I think are possiblities for what I got this over.

#1: A week ago when I finished ebisu, and ls member started pestering me to hook him up with a fish bot he thought I was using. Told him multiple times I don't bot, and that he shouldn't bot either it isn't worth it. Maybe SE counted this as talking about third party stuff.

#2: I mentioned the topic of ashitacast a couple times in lschat. Not directly admitting I use it though, just talking about its existence.

#3: I posted dat mining results here at the start of the update. really really doubt thatd do anything though.

Either way, I hope calling SE support tomorrow can help me figure this out. I'm actually confused about this, and the more I think about it the more I go wtf.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post

Ashitacast
    FPS
    I don't use ashita, does FPS unlock frames per second?

If so this might be your culprit, you will appear to others to be speeding =STF. I'm sure you can find the information digging about the old forum posts. I don't know if this ever changed was like 6-7 years ago

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Supa View Post
    I don't use ashita, does FPS unlock frames per second?

If so this might be your culprit, you will appear to others to be speeding =STF. I'm sure you can find the information digging about the old forum posts. I don't know if this ever changed was like 6-7 years ago
    It speeds up fps only, as in object animations, but doesnt speed up system clock like other hacks did.

This is important because all the other hacks:
    Make you run faster
    Double the amount of packets you send to the server (this is very detectable by SE)
    Cause in game stuff to fuck up

The ashita plugin just speeds up rendering itself. Its more akin to the stuff that increases your rendering distance, and windower's wireframe mode.

Shouldnt even be detectable by SE, and Im 90% sure fps is a default addon on ashita, so everyone running ashita is also running it just like me.

It just makes the game prettier, doesnt make you move faster or etc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

You 2+ boxing in any way? Farming CP and Sparks for extended periods of time ?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    You 2+ boxing in any way? Farming CP and Sparks for extended periods of time ?
    My girlfriend plays an account next to me on couch, but I dont really multibox anymore either. Used to months ago.

Way back I guess this would be 5? 6? months ago when alluvion skirmish weapons first came out I left to play 14 for about I dunno, 4 months?

When I came back most 3rd party stuff just didnt work period, and ashitas website has crashed and is hard to navigate, I could barely get ashitacast working, windower doesnt like windows 8 and doesnt even boot up well for me... etc etc.

So I was like okey doke, and have been actually playing almost 100% vanilla for the past month and a bit Ive been back since then. Before that I was using spellcast/ashitacast and was trioboxing quite a bit, but even then I have never heard of someone being banned for trioboxing, let alone the ban happening like 6 months after the fact, lol.

Definitely no sparks or CP farming.

I guess when I think about it I was logged in for like 48 hours straight... Or... no I disconnected two times yesterday, I havent even been logged in for >24 hours...

Im so confused :/

Oh well, diablo III 2.3 update is around the corner, now Ill just focus on that til this stupid suspension is up.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Except for the following issue: the only third party software I use nowadays is Ashita.

Ashitacast
    FPS

One of my favorite activity in FFXI was to report assholes talking openly about stuff like windower, tpparty and the likes. I would even ask the person more questions about the tools they used to be sure the GMs had a nice chat log.

They usually ended up MIA after a few weeks.

Oh yeah and asking me anything about YarnBall ingame was insta-blacklist.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The date in the e-mail means nothing. They always just say the current day when they ban people. Your offense could have been months previous.

If I was guessing, I'd say that they flagged you for fishing too many consecutive hours for Ebisu's. They don't necessarily wait for ironclad evidence to ban anymore. If you do boring things for so many hours in a row that it's suspicious, you might get caught up and banned along with the people that bot those same things.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The date in the e-mail means nothing. They always just say the current day when they ban people. Your offense could have been months previous.

If I was guessing, I'd say that they flagged you for fishing too many consecutive hours for Ebisu's. They don't necessarily wait for ironclad evidence to ban anymore. If you do boring things for so many hours in a row that it's suspicious, you might get caught up and banned along with the people that bot those same things.
    I did indeed pull an all nighter trying to get my ebisu+1

You think that might've done it? Im pretty sure it clocked up to a total of like 48 hours fishing over 3 days.

I was also probably logged in for all those 72 hours straight, I just crashed and took 4-7 hour naps every now and then, then woke up and kept powering through it.

Was pretty crazy at the end, ls members were calling me crazy.

But the funny thing is, of all the things in terms of fishing, +1ing ebisu can't actually be botted effectively since the whole premise of the thing is you gotta run all over the damn world catching like 1-2 fish here, 1 fish there, 2 fish over there...

I then tested it out the next day by catching like 30 or 40 liks to get a feel for line snap rate.

But a gm never even called me, and even if I had wanted to fish bot, it was like 6 hours after maint. Every piece of 3rd party gear breaks HARD after maintenance. I doubt there's a usable fish bot posted up anywhere even now.

Which is funny because everyone was accusing players of using kill fish in order to be able to land ebisu+1 fish, not knowing the fact that any type of kill fish program was probably rendered useless by that very maintenance anyways

The very fact my Ebisu+1 has #3 on it attests to me having got it without botting or cheating. It was physically impossible to get it that fast. By the time ashitacast was even functioning, let alone any other plugins for ashita, I was already halfway done the rod >_>

If thats what the fuck flagged my account Ill be pissed. Never even got a GM tell the entire time I did that quest.

Also I don't think anyone I know in game would go so low as to try and get me banned for ls chat about 3rd party stuff. I also never said anything incriminating.. I think? Itd be people who'd say something like "Oh whats this" and Id say "well some people use a thing called ____, google it" and thatd be it.

I guess it may have been the fishing, but I dunno thats fucked up.

Ill see what they say on the phone in a few hours.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They'll say that they can't tell you or that you cheated. Seriously, you read these forums, why would you even bother calling?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, also I've only seen one banning lately where the person reported that they were actually contacted by a GM before being suspended/banned. It's much more normal these days to simply be suspended/banned without contact. If they feel that you were probably 3P cheating from the log and you don't have any strikes, they suspend you. If they suspect it a second time, they permaban you. There is not and never has been a functioning appeal process, and innocence or guilt is irrelevant.

That said, they're generally pretty accurate.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    That said, they're generally pretty accurate.
    He did openly admit to using plugins.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

How dare he!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    I know right it's not like SE hasn't banned people for nothing over and over and over again throughout it's history.... oh wait

Anyways I somewhat suspected they would probably watch the people making +1 rods and would quite likely consider powering thru them as possibly botting by itself... and in SEs eyes there is little to no need for actual proof. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they were considering reeling in the lord before doing the trick multiple times a sign of botting. Clearly no real person would continue to reel in an uncatchable fish without doing a trick that no one knows about yet right? Also that was a shit ton of fishing

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

someone didn't like your "hint" in the fishing thread, got pissed you just didn't tell us all and reported you!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I guess when I think about it I was logged in for like 48 hours straight... Or... no I disconnected two times yesterday, I havent even been logged in for >24 hours...
    http://www.demotivationalposters.org...1258354986.jpg

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Packet based fishing stuff was working the day of update, surely quite a bit of private stuff was as well. Ashitacast never stopped functioning, and was fully updated 6 hours after maint. That aside, SE doesn't care if popular bots are working or not. If you play for 48 hours straight, the auto detection will catch you and it's unlikely it'll be reversed. Perhaps unfair, but that's the way it is and the way it'll stay with their lack of resources.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast