1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 6 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 3 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Patch 3.01 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Whole thread (well BG in general) is full of people who take the game way too seriously. But I know that and that's why I come here. People can tell me to get out for enjoying casual/fanservice aspects of the game all they want, that's what I expect when I post here, because BG is a place where raid content and gameplay mechanics are put first (also I love the abuse or something). If I wanted to talk to people who are in love with casual content and have no criticisms of the game whatsoever I'd go live on OF (but then my brain would implode from stupid).

The criticisms do get a bit heavy here - not that they're not legitimate, of course, but the trend leans heavily toward criticizing SE for focusing more on developing casual content like housing/sidequests/glamour and less on serious things that need to be addressed about the core of the gameplay. It does sometimes feel like many posters here don't enjoy the game as a whole AT ALL and completely dismiss anything that isn't "hardcore content", but again that's kind of expected here. There are different things that cause someone to have fun playing a MMO. For me, I'm having fun if I'm working towards a goal, no matter how causal or hardcore the content might be. For others, the easier it is the more boring it is.

I'm not surprised anymore if someone here says this is the worst MMO, and I'm not surprised if someone says it's the best. It's beautiful and flawed and needs a lot of work from a company that has historically been terrible at being in touch with its playerbase. But I knew that coming in and you probably did too. Yes I think the story is great. Yes I think the story has holes in it. Yes I think it's awesome the NPCs are memorable. Yes I wonder why anyone cares about Miqote butt sliders. You can go around and around with this stuff and it'll be different for everyone but the point is SE made a game and we're all playing it and maybe some of us will even enjoy it, no matter what aspect of it we enjoy and what aspect we come here to complain about.
    I love posts like this. I don't think I've actually posted anything on BG for years now, but FFXIV brought me back here a while ago. Ultimately... BG is just a community of very intelligent people. But the one thing that comes with the intelligence and passion that this place has for final fantasy MMO's is that it gets extremely argumentative and hostile. It's always been that way for some reason, and I guess it always will be. I used to think that maybe I was a few years older than people here, so I didn't fit in... but now I realize that it's mostly because I never really enjoyed or found a whole lot of success with the hostility that breeds here. It's part of what makes this a unique community, and I guess you take the good with the bad. In reality, other places are incredibly argumentative and shitty to each other too, so maybe it's just that BG is better at everything they do... which includes telling other people off.

Thanks for being you, BG. I still love reading this stuff, and I don't know if I'd have such thick skin when it comes to assholes on the internet if you hadn't been such a bastard sometimes!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I think i'm the only one in the world that might of liked all the side quest stories and bothered to read the text.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Any without cutscenes kind of lost my attention span. The overarching ones in each location (Tailfeather hunters in training, that fucking lazy Vanu, etc) are alright. I can't for the life of me remember anything with the moogles though. I know we helped one join the Pomguard and hell if I know what any of the rest are doing. The Gnath are also kind of underdeveloped. You have the hivemind and the not-hivemind. That seemed to be about the extent of their personality.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I actually really enjoyed the side-quests in Coerthas. Always paid attention when I got them. My attention span waivered once I got to Tailfeather, and it outright throttled when I got to the moogles.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenae View Post
    I think i'm the only one in the world that might of liked all the side quest stories and bothered to read the text.
    Nope. I read everything. Still doesn't excuse them for making it part of the main scenario. Side quests and fetch quests are amazing OUTSIDE of the main story..not forcing me to do it. I mean, yeah MMO blah blah, but there's a time and place.

I agree about the Gnath. It's like, hey we're this beastmen tribe. Hey here's our overlord Ravana..ooh you beat him? Ok bye-bye. You never hear about them or from them again the rest of the storyline. I means hit you dealt with the original beastmen more but I can almost guarantee it's purely because of having 1.x existing.

I guess someone should tell the 2.0 beastmen to take a hike.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The Gnath
    Spoiler: show
    were kind of just in your way in MSQ and you made a pit stop at the good Gnath's base. I mean that's really it, you had to knock them out to get to gobbieland where all the real storymeat and personalities are. If they spent too much time on Gnath they wouldn't have been able to spend as much on the gobs and that's where our new home base is located so guess it made more sense to focus the most on the gobs (I feel like we could have had more annoying gob sidequests and not as many moogle ones though).

I also bother to read all the text, or most of it anyway. Sometimes I even talk to random NPCs, some of them say some interesting shit.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Nope. I read everything. Still doesn't excuse them for making it part of the main scenario. Side quests and fetch quests are amazing OUTSIDE of the main story..not forcing me to do it.
    almost all of them in 3.0 are outside the story, wtf you talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    I mean when you're just talking to talk shit, making sense really isn't necessary.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I enjoyed the two Gnath who had widely differing tastes in food

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I also read every bit of dialogue on the way to 60.

But yeah, if you only do MSQ questline, there's not a whole lot of nonsense there. Once I hit 60, I did only MSQ and damn, did that go quickly.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hate that you are sometimes forced to skip lore. Like in the dungeons that had like journal / books for you to read but of course nobody will give you time to read them! I try backtrack at the end of the dungeon to read them all but you only get 5 mins before it boots you.

I wish they did more dungeons like that, the creepy healer who was so bad her tank perma-died was a great example of what they can do with otherwise non-important side characters.

I try to read all the sidequests. Really the issue with 3.0 sidequests is that there's so many and the way content is gated at level cap encourages you to bumrush to 60 as quickly as possible so naturally everyone skips everything in their rush.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The mid-dungeon lore thing complicates things for me too. The stuff in the last few books in the Library is, uh, not to be missed. The best solution I've found is to just tag them all while going by without reading so as not to fall behind, then afterwards I pick the text up out of my event log. (Then I forget to do that last step and have to repeat the process several times in Fractal...)

Once the boss is dead you can just go back and read them if you want.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or just google them. I know it's not ideal but I understand why groups don't want to wait each time because someone is doing something not required to clear the dungeon.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I just did a screenshot of the text and moved along, I maybe missed the beginning of the next pull, if at all. On Fractal, I just used Return and read them all.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    unless he means he needed to do side quests to level? but yeah... the MSQ cut out the majority of fetch shit. you know MSQ. the little meteor icon, not the normal !

also i'm really glad i always do my first clear of dungeons with people i know and like so we can read all the dumb shit and freak out about it instead of this sad shit you guys are suggesting

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tagus View Post
    I love posts like this. I don't think I've actually posted anything on BG for years now, but FFXIV brought me back here a while ago. Ultimately... BG is just a community of very intelligent people. But the one thing that comes with the intelligence and passion that this place has for final fantasy MMO's is that it gets extremely argumentative and hostile. It's always been that way for some reason, and I guess it always will be. I used to think that maybe I was a few years older than people here, so I didn't fit in... but now I realize that it's mostly because I never really enjoyed or found a whole lot of success with the hostility that breeds here. It's part of what makes this a unique community, and I guess you take the good with the bad. In reality, other places are incredibly argumentative and shitty to each other too, so maybe it's just that BG is better at everything they do... which includes telling other people off.

Thanks for being you, BG. I still love reading this stuff, and I don't know if I'd have such thick skin when it comes to assholes on the internet if you hadn't been such a bastard sometimes!
    The thing is very intelligent people can argue without being hostile so your point is self-discrediting, very intelligent people don't need to resort to the use of sexism/racism or homophobic name calling to strengthen their points either, now don't get me wrong as there are a few very smart people in here for sure, but calling the whole community intelligent because of a few gems? Don't be so hasty.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Has anyone posted last nights hotfixes here anywhere? I'm just curious what they did but the hotfixes page on the OF won't load on my phone.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The following adjustments have been made:

In the Mac version, GoogleIME can be used when in Windowed mode.
    *With regard to using GoogleIME when in Full Screen mode, we are in the process of implementing this feature, but there are issues that need to be addressed. Currently, we are requesting that Google Japan assist us in addressing the issue.
    If a pet has been summoned, it will now automatically leave the battlefield when getting on a mount in “Alexander - The Cuff of the Father”.

The following issues have been addressed:

An issue wherein it would become impossible to proceed under certain conditions in “Alexander - The Fist of the Father”.
    An issue wherein the invincibility status icon would not be displayed on “liquid limb” when transitioning to another phase in “Alexander - The Arm of the Father”.
    An issue wherein players would always move to a certain place after completing and leaving “Alexander - The Burden of the Father”.
    An issue wherein a new line would be started when certain keys were pressed at the same time while typing in the chatbox. (Mac version only)
    An issue wherein certain text contained errors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast