1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Patch 3.01 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    It's really bad with the final two missions for Heavensward. Neither is on any kind of Roulette and there is absolutely no reason to repeat them once you one and done them so people who were late to the party (like I was) will be stuck waiting in a long ass queue only to be stuck with the D-team. Thankfully the final 2 missions are basically idiot proof but the queue times are still outrageous.
    the 8 man is in Trial Roulette.

Yup, always a nice surprise when I get the final boss from Trial Roulette.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Is the 4-man dungeon one not in Main Story Roulette if you queue up as a Lv60 job? Why anyone would do that, I can't say. It doesn't give Law tomes, but anyway... When I ran the dungeon, we had one guy (BLM) who wasn't new to it, so I'm not sure why else he'd be in there. Maybe he was a friend of one of the other DPS I didn't know in the duty.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    the 8 man is in Trial Roulette.
    I stand corrected then. Might explain why I actually got into that one within a reasonable time frame. Pretty sure the Aetherchemical Facility still isn't part of the roulette though. Though if someone has gotten it I will be more than happy to eat my words. Can't really think of any other reason why it would take an hour to queue for it though assuming the thing they said about Roulette prioritizing people who are new to a duty over others is implemented.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Is the 4-man dungeon one not in Main Story Roulette if you queue up as a Lv60 job? Why anyone would do that, I can't say. It doesn't give Law tomes, but anyway... When I ran the dungeon, we had one guy (BLM) who wasn't new to it, so I'm not sure why else he'd be in there. Maybe he was a friend of one of the other DPS I didn't know in the duty.
    Research Facility gives 80 law tomes. Considering there's always someone new there, might as well say it gives 120 law tomes. Also the dungeon is pretty badass imo. I enjoy running it just to run it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Research Facility gives 80 law tomes. Considering there's always someone new there, might as well say it gives 120 law tomes. Also the dungeon is pretty badass imo. I enjoy running it just to run it.

Yeah one of my favorites. They should add gear drops to it and call it a day, people would actually run it.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    I stand corrected then. Might explain why I actually got into that one within a reasonable time frame. Pretty sure the Aetherchemical Facility still isn't part of the roulette though. Though if someone has gotten it I will be more than happy to eat my words. Can't really think of any other reason why it would take an hour to queue for it though assuming the thing they said about Roulette prioritizing people who are new to a duty over others is implemented.
    Nobody has any friends/associates who want 120 law? I run that shit for each of my FC newbies because sick law and its a good dungeon.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Relic patch 3.1

SB in the new dungeons
    Kill the 2 HM primals for items

Relic patch 3.2

Upgrade with 900 Esoteric tomestone

Patch 3.3

Buy 9 books and complete the objectives

ok ok i kid
    If they come back to the fucking book system again...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Yeah one of my favorites. They should add gear drops to it and call it a day, people would actually run it.
    I really don't get why they didn't do this, 3 dungeons on the expert roulette is better than 2.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Mostly likely because they wanted Neverreap/Fract to be more attractive. Running Research Facility for tomes would put us back in the situation where people are screaming at newbies to skip cutscenes, much like what happened during CM/Praetorium.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Nobody has any friends/associates who want 120 law? I run that shit for each of my FC newbies because sick law and its a good dungeon.
    I was in a transitioning period because my old FC from before 2.4 had merged with a new bigger one and I hadn't yet gotten into it so I was riding solo for pretty much the entirety of the 3.0 MSQ. I suppose I'm just salty from a bad experience and wanting to get to grinding tomestones as soon as possible and being locked behind a dungeon that took forever to queue for was annoying. I even thought to myself why people didn't run it since it gives a lot of tomestones and it being a story dungeon should theoretically be "easier" than Neverreap/Continuum but I eventually got it done so I got over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Mostly likely because they wanted Neverreap/Fract to be more attractive. Running Research Facility for tomes would put us back in the situation where people are screaming at newbies to skip cutscenes, much like what happened during CM/Praetorium.
    This is most likely why, they'll probably add it to the MSQ roulette at some point.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I'm still going to hold out hope for another Hydra/Chimera-esque trial exclusive to relic

It happened once...
    I still want more trials in general just based on harder versions of existing dungeon bosses. Stuff like the Diabolos/Fenrir fights just going to waste.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    This is most likely why, they'll probably add it to the MSQ roulette at some point.
    isn't MSQ Roulette 8 people? can they do that?

Guildhest roulette includes hests that are 4 and 8 man, I don't see why not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8