1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    spread out in a circle around the boss before the ferrofluid tethers actually appear, they're only annoying to notice when the raid is stacked directly on top of the boss
    To add to that.

I always assume mine is the opposite charge. It is a lot easier for me to start running away, realize it is the same and come back than it is to do the opposite.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    To add to that.

I always assume mine is the opposite charge. It is a lot easier for me to start running away, realize it is the same and come back than it is to do the opposite.
    Personal preference, I do the opposite. I stay still and keep DPSing until I'm positive that I've got split tethers, then move.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

keep jumping man

makes viewing of lines 3 times easier

dont be shy to jump

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Personal preference, I do the opposite. I stay still and keep DPSing until I'm positive that I've got split tethers, then move.
    What if you're negative?

But seriously. It's easier to remain completely motionless to formulate a plan, then do the mechanic. The time allotted is very generous.

Quad Ferrofluid is by far the most likely mechanic for me to mess up. I can be so certain I'm attached to one guy but actually be attached to another

Quote Originally Posted by Abbul Stonecleaver View Post
    Quad Ferrofluid is by far the most likely mechanic for me to mess up. I can be so certain I'm attached to one guy but actually be attached to another
    nothing worse then thinking you're connected to the roegadyn and you're actually the other polarity with the lala thats inside of him.

racist mechanics.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by technominari View Post
    nothing worse then thinking you're connected to the roegadyn and you're actually the other polarity with the lala thats inside of him.

racist mechanics.
    why are they standing inside of each other

Omg 2 1% AS3 wipes tonight. On my birthday. Ended night without a clear.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

We need 3.2 badly... I'm already sick of A3S and would rather spend all my time in Destiny and Record Keeper :/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I want time in A4S was hoping to have one kill before 3.1 but it seems wishful thinking. Did like 1 pull of A4 after A3 and that was it qq

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I've posted this elsewhere, but I'm pretty sure we'll be getting some nerfs to a3s/a4s to help out most of the raiding population since so many people are stuck on a3s. Otherwise I feel like they'll be shooting themselves in the foot because it seems like a ton of people are getting discouraged and just giving up on raiding rather than continuing.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I've posted this elsewhere, but I'm pretty sure we'll be getting some nerfs to a3s/a4s to help out most of the raiding population since so many people are stuck on a3s. Otherwise I feel like they'll be shooting themselves in the foot because it seems like a ton of people are getting discouraged and just giving up on raiding rather than continuing.
    Yeah I see that coming as well. Gear does not help enough to matter.

I just hope that doesn't become the new raiding trend. 3.2 = fuck your average raider tier then nerfs in 3.3. I'm not sure why they don't learn from their successes. Savage SCoB was good for the .1%, Coil was good for the 5%. They could have built off that instead of combining them.

I personally would like a little bit of echo help ;o

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't like this raid tier enough to care about pre nerf wins, just gimme the buff and clearso I can move on.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Yeah I see that coming as well. Gear does not help enough to matter.

I just hope that doesn't become the new raiding trend. 3.2 = fuck your average raider tier then nerfs in 3.3. I'm not sure why they don't learn from their successes. Savage SCoB was good for the .1%, Coil was good for the 5%. They could have built off that instead of combining them.
    IMO they will learn and will ease DPS checks/gear gating by a decent margin next patch. They tried to elongate content with gear gating (the most glaringly obvious example of this is by making Twines from A3S not applicable towards weapon upgrades). However, the gear gating which wasn't really apparent at all in 1/2 is huge in 3 and even more so in 4. I think they assumed that most players would "get there when they got there", but nothing in this game has been a DPS check on the level of A3 yet except for maybe Savage Turn 8 in i110, maybe. This was a rude awakening as much as it was an outright shock for most players. I think they upped the requirements a little much for most of their player base. So what can they do?

Right now SE had 2 problems on their hands they can solve with one general fix. First problem (main issue): Content is too hard/too demanding for most raiders, the DPS checks with complicated mechanics are simply too much because most of the really good gear is from 3/4 which you can't access yet. Second problem: PLD is not up to snuff with DRK right now simply because of how content is designed (where most things are magic and because DPS checks are the ultimate mechanic).

They can solve both of these problems by easing DPS checks next tier, which lessens the burdens of tank and healers DPSing, and suddenly PLD becomes a lot more viable. Throw in some physical tank busters and you're golden - you probably don't even need to touch the job to make it good for most raiders now.

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I personally would like a little bit of echo help ;o
    Seeing as they've never added echo before content was invalidated by new content, I doubt they will do this. However, they can change the properties of mechanics to make it easier (IE make atrophy last 30s instead of 2m). What I think they will do is just give Living Liquid a straight HP haircut. If you take 300k HP off of his life that eases DPS checks in a huge way which is kind of the biggest problem to begin with: The dance for most of balancing mechanics with a large DPS output.

The problem isn't that the content is too hard.

The problem is that it's the only content.

People would not care nearly as much about Alex's difficulty if there was other shit to do.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It being the only relevant battle content is just plain bad. My set disbanded right around healer-snatching-hand thing in A3, and it was a chore to repeat every single thing to get to where we got. Over, and over, and over, and over. I'll admit to not everyone being equal and thus this stuff can be considered challenging to a few, and a completely unscaleable wall for almost everyone else. Obviously my set was the latter.

Logging in every night just to look forward to A3 was about as unfun as it got in an MMO and I stopped caring after a while. Variety would have made it less mindnumbing, but in the end, they decide to repeat everything in 2.x but I've long accepted that they won't change this formula.

I canceled when I heard about the previews for 3.1 being a ton of trivial fluff + void ark, and seeing no PvP restrictions being answered (though I heard later it was confirmed for 3.2?).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    The problem isn't that the content is too hard.

The problem is that it's the only content.

People would not care nearly as much about Alex's difficulty if there was other shit to do.
    Okay? Instead of focusing on a fictional game with "more content" as you put it that we don't have, I am focusing on the game we do have and how they will likely fix the issues currently plaguing the actually existing game that we log in to.

Even with more content people would be complaining, no amount of side content would distract people who want to raid from the glaring fact that it's over 2 months since Savage was released and they're still stuck on the third fight and have essentially hit a wall with what gear they can collect to bolster their raid team.

If you want to just look at the current game and how they should solve it just look at coil, which compared to Alex was much more reasonably challenging (on top of being more interesting and more rewarding).

edit: which isn't to say coil was "enough" content-wise or even good overall, but it was better than what we have now

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I'll agree with you that Coil (specifically Second Coil) was much more interesting than Alex. Alex is just you in a room with no roof/no sky and some kind of robot. It also doesn't help that I think Goblins are incredibly lame compared to the protagonists for the 2.x raid series. Spamming Second Coil this weekend for glamour shit made all of us talk about how much we missed the feel of more epic arenas/design and overall ambiance that Alexander sorely lacks.

I'm just saying I think they can up the difficulty from FCoB by tweaking it a bit more to find the right balance instead of tuning it too highly like they did this time for most raiders. They just need to find the suitable middle ground - More of a challenge than 2.x, but not as much of a vertical incline as this.