1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Boss K View Post
    Few days after this post our SCH came on and said he had a burnout and will quit raiding. Then a day goes by and suddenly he feels better and might consider playing again. Now its been few days and I don't personally know what to do anymore. Our progress in A3S hasnt gone anywhere in 4 weeks. It's not like there is a lot to do outside raids if you aint into shit like crafting and RP.

Feels like there are only more problems waiting after one gets solved. Dunno if I should just look for a new group or flat out quit and start playing Destiny again.
    Just started playing Destiny. That shit's a lot more fun than I gave it credit for.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Boss K View Post
    Few days after this post our SCH came on and said he had a burnout and will quit raiding. Then a day goes by and suddenly he feels better and might consider playing again. Now its been few days and I don't personally know what to do anymore. Our progress in A3S hasnt gone anywhere in 4 weeks. It's not like there is a lot to do outside raids if you aint into shit like crafting and RP.

Feels like there are only more problems waiting after one gets solved. Dunno if I should just look for a new group or flat out quit and start playing Destiny again.
    There is plenty of content. I can't confidently say that when I quit there wasn't anything to do. There just wasn't any incentive to do 80% of it. Gold Saucer, Sightseeing Log, fishing, crafting, getting every job to 60/geared, unspoiled nodes, PvP (so close to being incentivized well but not fun when nobody else treats it seriously).

My daily routine was just hitting blue/red scrip nodes every 9/11/12/2 AM/PM, doing a daily PvP, and maybe leveling a bit. I can't really explain why I kept doing it other than it being a thing to do.

Destiny, from what I've played on and off at a friend's place, isn't really any different but it's just a different aesthetic and gamefeel. Which can help (temporary or "fuck it I quit") if you're getting tired of this.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Destiny and FFXIV are great complements to each other to give you something to play in the downtime.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Anyone have the right ACT trigger for the balls in A3S?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

TTS: Run Nigga

Expression: The liquid rage uses Pressurize.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Thanks.

No Seravi

You've been a big member of this site for so long with lots of useful posts

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yay we finally get a perfect phase 8 and then tank goes down 5 seconds into Phase 9 on A2S :/

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Last wave is by far the hardest part imo, if you haven't seen it a few times you gotta go in to it expecting that unfortunately. There's an extremely high chance whoever is taking the car/stacks is going to die, especially because your DPS are going to be prioritizing soldiers and it will more than likely get the full 5 stacks off. You're just gonna wanna make sure your car has enough energy to double stun and whatever tank is taking the car needs to make sure they have Hallowed/Holmgang/Living Dead as well as a couple of CDs available. I really like having the melee try and take a stack or two from the car so that's something your group should think about if the tank(s) keep getting blown up. I'll personally grab the Widow + Car (with Unleash/Flash) and then our DRG takes the car off me as soon as I drag it to the pack of goblins, before I'd leave it on him for at least 2 stacks (as your DPS improves you can knock it down to 1 or just not bother having the melee take it) and it trivializes the incoming tank damage, worst case if your healers struggle the only person who should be dying is the melee, and you can very easily recover from that compared to a tank dropping.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Letting the walker roam is the single biggest game changer in that encounter. The north tank should just hit it once/twice and focus on the widow. That same tank should voke the walker if any other members gets 3 stacks. Same thing in phase 7 with the walker/doll.

The stacks are really the only way a tank dies in A2S so eliminate ever getting past 3 stacks and the healing check is removed.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Any recommendation for when I should be LBing as a SMN? I was thinking either just a simple dots + bane, then LB, or even dots + bane, Pain Flare, Fester a Soldier, DW Stance to Deathflare then LB...

I'm finally getting used to managing my Aetherflow stacks through Phase 8.

Might as well get things on cooldown before using it, doesn't matter much.

As long as you're not delaying it so much that it's gonna overkill mobs and waste damage.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Any recommendation for when I should be LBing as a SMN? I was thinking either just a simple dots + bane, then LB, or even dots + bane, Pain Flare, Fester a Soldier, DW Stance to Deathflare then LB...

I'm finally getting used to managing my Aetherflow stacks through Phase 8.
    Only thing you have to watch out for is the Jagd Doll AoE. Our BLM just LBs after the first one goes off, that should give you enough time to get off all your DoTs and Bane at the very least, but there's no real harm in waiting a little longer. The Jagd Doll cleave and the ground target circle are the only AoEs that happen in that phase, so as long as you're not stood in front of the dolls you have a ton of time between the ground AoEs to do it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I usually have 3 stacks going into last phase, what works for me is just quickly blow everything. Precast SF - DoT-Pain-Bane-Fester soldier or walker then bait Jagd AoE followed by LB. Then you can go DW and focus the soldiers or Walker. At this point just manually reapply DoTs to everything you can use Virus and E4E here too if you think its looking dicey.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I believe Uryuu said groups should be at 88% after phase 1 in a3s. Is that 88.9 or a true 88? Our best has been 89.4, we are still in learn mode but I want to make sure something isn't drastically wrong with dps.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

for us, seeing 89 during progression was normal, and 88% was a good start. this is by the ingame HP % numbers. in the end, as long as you are at 69-70 once add phase starts, you are on track; since a big amount of the optimization is during hand phase honestly.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I believe Uryuu said groups should be at 88% after phase 1 in a3s. Is that 88.9 or a true 88? Our best has been 89.4, we are still in learn mode but I want to make sure something isn't drastically wrong with dps.
    Generally these are the points I was looking for in a progression win:
    Human > Hand: Between 88 ~ 89%
    Hand > Tornado: Between 69 ~ 70%
    Cascade before 1st Triple Tornado: Between 40~41%
    Cascade after 2nd Hand: 13~14%
    Enrage Cascade: 3% or below if you have LB3

If you're too far above those numbers you're going to be hitting enrage or just barely making it. If you're below you'll be in even better shape.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

88.9 is just fine. Honestly the %s only mean so much if you can't maintain a constant 6k+ raid wide DPS in the final phase, that is truly the make or break. 6081 is the number needed to be maintained I believe to beat enrage.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Are you guys saving major CDs for the HP transfer during phase 2? We consistently wipe unless we use LB1. Are both of your healers DPSing? There is a decent amount of damage going out to the tanks it seems, along with the major DPS check.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Are you guys saving major CDs for the HP transfer during phase 2? We consistently wipe unless we use LB1. Are both of your healers DPSing? There is a decent amount of damage going out to the tanks it seems, along with the major DPS check.
    Depends on the CD but any cooldowns that you don't get an additional usage out of pre-add phase by using back to back should be saved for hand of pain since ideally you should not need or be using cooldowns during add phase, the Add phase DPS check is fairly low and the add phase timer is fixed - meaning if you save CDs for hand of pain you aren't losing any cooldown usage during the phases that matter (i.e. you get 2 B4Bs before add phase and ideally you should not use B4B during add phase and always have it off cooldown at end of add phase).

Tank Damage isn't that high - tanks can usually go DPS stance and make sure they are positioned so the other tank can hit the correct mob.