1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level

If your dps is short, you can always try to push tornado add phase super fast to gain ~ 20 seconds to the last phase. I wouldn't recommend this however

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

We pass the debuff so that I can DPS the entire time during the hand phase (SCH). I bane dots twice during that phase, but once is right before Equal Concentration goes out. I also lay down Shadowflare. After that I spam Broil on the higher HP hand.

We used to save CDs for it, but obviously we don't anymore. The biggest thing with that mechanic is anticipating it not re-acting to it. If you react slow and still beat the fuck out of the old one for even 3-4 seconds then you may have just lost. If all DPS are looking to switch immediately then it's a lot less likely you'll fail.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    We pass the debuff so that I can DPS the entire time during the hand phase (SCH). I bane dots twice during that phase, but once is right before Equal Concentration goes out. I also lay down Shadowflare. After that I spam Broil on the higher HP hand.

We used to save CDs for it, but obviously we don't anymore. The biggest thing with that mechanic is anticipating it not re-acting to it. If you react slow and still beat the fuck out of the old one for even 3-4 seconds then you may have just lost. If all DPS are looking to switch immediately then it's a lot less likely you'll fail.

Do your DOTs on both hands make it harder? We stopped all DoTs after the 2nd washaway to make sure only the buffed hand was taking any damage.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

They make it harder only if one of the DPS doesn't switch fast enough. That was the only time we failed once I started doing it. The idea is that not only do my dots contribute to the hand check, but since it's on both it's lowering the overall HP of the boss faster to help with the enrage at the end of the fight.

They don't contribute to the hand check tho, you're lowering both of their HP at a time when the healed hands needs to be brought down to the giving hand's health.

DoTing both doesn't necessarily make it more difficult, but doing equal damage to both hands essentially the same as doing nothing in regards to that DPS check.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    They don't contribute to the hand check tho, you're lowering both of their HP at a time when the healed hands needs to be brought down to the giving hand's health.

DoTing both doesn't necessarily make it more difficult, but doing equal damage to both hands essentially the same as doing nothing in regards to that DPS check.
    The dots fall off before the hand check happens, so it only stays on the right hand if you continue to re-apply it during the burn.

You said you Bane'd them right before Equal Concentration went out, I'm confused.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Cast new set of dots as hands are moving in > hands come together > bane > debuffs go out > Fey Wind+Shadow Flare > Equal Concentration happens (Dots have around ~12s on Bio II - IE just about to fall) > Only repply correct hand's dots/spam Broil

Maybe my language was confusing. It's before EC, just not literally before.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post

Theoretically no, but realistically it does. It shouldn't be enough to matter THAT much, however it can at times if your burst DPS is not so hot.

Reason why realistically it does is if you are at (arbitrary numbers for example purposes only the decimal place is significant) 39.0 or 39.1 and that dot ticks it down to 38.9 that's a whole additional percent that you now have to DPS down on the other hand because of a slight dot tick. The outgoing damage isn't always a 1:1 ratio. Again though it shouldn't matter enough to consistently happen but it can.

Wait until you almost push the damn thing in the opposite direction.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Reason why realistically it does is if you are at (arbitrary numbers for example purposes only the decimal place is significant) 39.0 or 39.1 and that dot ticks it down to 38.9 that's a whole additional percent that you now have to DPS down on the other hand because of a slight dot tick.
    You sure the DPS check simply isn't just an HP-difference check between the hand's actual numerical HP and not what the stupid HP% reads?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    You sure the DPS check simply isn't just an HP-difference check between the hand's actual numerical HP and not what the stupid HP% reads?

They have to be within 4% down to the .1 from my experience. We had a few wipes at 36.1 and 40.2 last night.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Well there is a specific HP value between the two that is the threshold ( I don't know it without looking at my ACT files ). It's just easier to say it is 4.0% lol. Unfortunately, unless you use ACT you're not going to be able to tell to the tenth decimal or exact HP value difference.

Edit: just noticed the WHM cross classed ruin and used it to spam lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

And Elysium.

Edit: And some other JP group.

Edit again: Elysium is also the only group who actually passes Nisi around and doesn't just brute-force it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

wtf, that is the most crude win. There has to be a better way to do it o.O
    Edit: ok nm watched Elysium do it more refined.

Either way, freaking amazing that fight looks so punishing.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Man......... Every group that's cleared it sac'd Royal Pentacle in some way rather than dealing with mechanics. Elysium was the only group that actually juggled it all through the last phase, but still just sac'd for the third set. SE has some shit on their hands. Hope they get it together or figure out what to do before 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    wtf, that is the most crude win. There has to be a better way to do it o.O
    There is, look at Elysiums video, they feed the nisi to the first two royal pentacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Man......... Every group that's cleared it sac'd Royal Pentacle in some way rather than dealing with mechanics. Elysium was the only group that actually juggled it all through the last phase, but still just sac'd for the third set. SE has some shit on their hands. Hope they get it together or figure out what to do before 3.2.
    EM has mentioned that the fight was definetly not tested and there are more bugs happening with it

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

lucrezia's tactic is greatly frowned upon in the JP community now

mainly because they are not handling the gimmick properly and bruteforcing

not taking it away from them tho, but i guess killing is all it matters

also for sacing the last set, its totally understandable because winning is already at hand

if you can safe MP and DPS for that last few % than everyone doing mechanic and heal, why not choose the former?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    lucrezia's tactic is greatly frowned upon in the JP community now

mainly because they are not handling the gimmick properly and bruteforcing
    Just curious, did JP community feel the same about "ignore gimmick" methods of old coil stuff?

-T2 enrage
    -T5 divebomb pit (was there another universally understood way to fucking do this)
    -T6 LoS method
    -T7 stacking Renauds
    -T9 ... does mario kart meteors count?
    -Ifrit EX LoSing Inferno Howl
    -Ramuh EX, tanking with Titan-Egi (for while it lasted) or solo tanking.

More I'm probably forgetting, but I'm curious what the perception of bruteforcing or ignoring mechanics is.