1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 50 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 9 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 50 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

[Alexander: Gordias (Savage) Loot Rules]

It will be possible to complete each area once per week, and in addition to obtaining equipment directly from treasure coffers, everyone will receive a token that can be used to exchange for gear.

In the event that players who already completed an area for the week are present, similar to Coil, the number of chests that appear will change based on the amount of these players; however, you will still be able to obtain the token item if you have yet to do so for the week.

Additionally, in regards to the normal mode of Alexander, we've been seeing feedback mentioning that the lotting battles are rough, so we may look into increasing the amount of rewards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What they could do is just give us our own loot pool instead of having us fight over it...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did I miss the part about the DRG buffs? Not seeing it. If true, its quite odd since they appear to be highest DPS.

I'm actually enjoying DRK quite a bit. The only thing I would fix is the TP issue

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    What they could do is just give us our own loot pool instead of having us fight over it...
    Or just copy the Savage system over to Normal since that is infinitely superior, assuming the tokens you get are just generic tokens you can use to buy any piece of gear with the same costs (4 for Body/Legs, etc.)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

You'd probably still want to do Alex NM the first week of Savage to help out with the gear checks.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I'm a little shocked, or maybe I shouldn't be, that there wasn't a single question about the grind from 50-60 and the FATE exp. Do they really expect people to FATE grind in N.Than / Dungeon run all the way to 60 on alternate jobs?

There was a mention on the forums that they planned to increase fate exp.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    There was a mention on the forums that they planned to increase fate exp.
    Ah thanks, that would be helpful.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The EXP for the level 51-55 zones will need to be boosted a very high amount for it to be worth it. 3x or 4x of what it currently is. Probably the same for the other zones too but I have no idea how much they give because no one ever does them. Boosting exp from hunts would be very helpful too, but doubt they thought that far ahead.

But yeah, everyone has been complaining about the lack of EXP once you exhausted all your quests so it isn't a surprise they're already addressing this. Only alternative from N-Thanalan FATEs is Grinding Library, but you can't do that until level 59.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Who drafts these questions? Serious query because they are terrible. I would love someone to ask something about the extreme homogenization of progression, both from a gear and content perspective.
    there's a thread on the OF that's like 100 pages long with a billion questions. nearly every good question has been asked, they simply pluck out the ones that they want to give answers to.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    there's a thread on the OF that's like 100 pages long with a billion questions. nearly every good question has been asked, they simply pluck out the ones that they want to give answers to.
    Yep. Its called Cherry Picking. Everyone does it at times, lol. SE is no different.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Obviously they couldn't answer all the questions... it would of taken 10 times longer to answer all of them.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Cheese Sandwiches.

Also people have been complaining about the dumbass difficulty adjustment system for FATEs but who knows if they'll ever do anything about that.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenae View Post
    Obviously they couldn't answer all the questions... it would of taken 10 times longer to answer all of them.
    the issue wasn't answering all the questions, some people think good questions aren't asked but they are. they just get skipped over because the very obvious answers they have to give will either be no comment or completely maddening because lots of the playerbase are too simple to care.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    The EXP for the level 51-55 zones will need to be boosted a very high amount for it to be worth it. 3x or 4x of what it currently is. Probably the same for the other zones too but I have no idea how much they give because no one ever does them. Boosting exp from hunts would be very helpful too, but doubt they thought that far ahead.

But yeah, everyone has been complaining about the lack of EXP once you exhausted all your quests so it isn't a surprise they're already addressing this. Only alternative from N-Thanalan FATEs is Grinding Library, but you can't do that until level 59.
    agree that they would have to make the FATEs 3x more xp. Biggest thing working against FATEs in these new zones is how large the zones are. N. than is great because its so small that it keeps the herd focused on one FATE to the next. This results in FATEs being completed extremely quick and in an organized manner.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Did I miss the part about the DRG buffs? Not seeing it. If true, its quite odd since they appear to be highest DPS.

I'm actually enjoying DRK quite a bit. The only thing I would fix is the TP issue
    A lot of people just dont know how to play their classes. DRG is actually pretty easy once you break away from 2.0 rotation muscle memory. The only downside to drg is directionals sucking ass. Two weaponskills that do the same thing is stupid too. Jumps still cause deaths.

As a drg, I pretty much outdps everyone except my static monk. He is the only monk that dps more than me. People just need to get good like Yoshi P is saying for the most part.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

the game doesn't make it necessary to git gud, though. mediocre is fine for anything but progression, and bad will get you carried in duty finder a fair amount of the time.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    A lot of people just dont know how to play their classes. DRG is actually pretty easy once you break away from 2.0 rotation muscle memory. The only downside to drg is directionals sucking ass. Two weaponskills that do the same thing is stupid too. Jumps still cause deaths.

As a drg, I pretty much outdps everyone except my static monk. He is the only monk that dps more than me. People just need to get good like Yoshi P is saying for the most part.
    Honestly I think that wasn't even a question a lot of people were asking. The only major concern I've seen people having with DRG was Wheeling/Fang being random instead of tied to Chaos/Thrust respectively. Other than that most people feel it's fine and are happy about the surge in power they got. Only thing I can think of is Yoshida is super pandering to the lowest of the lowest common denominator or someone on the dev team plays DRG (like Yoshida BLM) and felt he wanted buffs since a MNK in his static beat him in a parse once or some nonsense. /tinfoilhat

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My favourite :

Q76. Do you have plans to introduce an afro hairstyle?

A76. We're going to add this in Patch 3.1. We actually had it nearly ready to release, but the number of polygons were too high. We're currently making adjustments to this, so please look forward to it.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What the fuck, Fang & Claw and Wheeling Thrust are random? Who's idea was that? I figure they wanted it to be a bit of a challenge in landing the final hit of an extended combo, but that's rediculous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast