1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    the game doesn't make it necessary to git gud, though. mediocre is fine for anything but progression, and bad will get you carried in duty finder a fair amount of the time.
    They could make things more challenging though, which would extend the content lifespan.

Look at Bismarck and Ravana EX... Bismarck is a worthless joke of a fight with pointless rewards. The only reason to do Bismarck is to unlock Ravana.

I'm worried about the loot system changes because it's going to invalidate content even more quickly than before. Sure it's great that loot is guaranteed now, but you'll get BiS faster and then the game will turn into gearing alt classes for two months.

I think job complexity is fine enough, they just need to fix a few jobs, and then figure out a way to make content last longer. Because in about 3 weeks it's going to turn back into log in for Tuesday night, clear raid, and then back to pretty much nothing to do.

/endbrokenrecord

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    What the fuck, Fang & Claw and Wheeling Thrust are random? Who's idea was that? I figure they wanted it to be a bit of a challenge in landing the final hit of an extended combo, but that's rediculous.
    Yep, and if you miss the positional, it only does 100 damage. Bismark EX adds turn all the time. Ravana EX makes attacking from certain positions impossible wihtout getting parried. In general, content mobs do more turning than before. Not to mention not being able to hit them while soloing, with consistency at least.

They had the bright idea to remove the positionals from DRG before and give small bonus, just to add them right back with a bigger penalty for missing and TWO identical weaponskills.

I'd settle for on doing 200 flat damage and 100% crit chance from rear. Other being 200 flat damage and instantly reducing leg sweep cooldown, or 170 dmg and instant jump cooldown finish. With random weaponskill in place still. Having identical moves is just stupid and really works my nerves.

DRG's new weapon skills add a modest increase in average potency when the positional is executed correctly and a large loss in average potency if not.

It's retarded.

ex:

Normal FT combo
    ~227 potency

FT combo with new WS with positional bonus
    ~243 potency (+16)

FT combo with with new WS without positional bonus
    ~195 (-32)

Missing the positional causes you to lose twice as potency per WS as you gain when you land the positional.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

you know its dumb when its better to not do the lvl 58 drg quest till you hit 60

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Does it not RNG you into one or the other until you have both? Or do you have a 50% chance at 56 to just *wet fart* your step 4?

Until you unlock the 2nd WS the first one will just be the proc all the time.

Tbh if I leveled DRG I wouldn't do the 58 and 60 quests, Geirskogul doesn't seem that useful anyway.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post

Tbh if I leveled DRG I wouldn't do the 58 and 60 quests, Geirskogul doesn't seem that useful anyway.
    Uhhh what? That is like saying Jump isnt useful. Geirskogul is a nice bit of dmg.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Um, Geirskogul is very useful. It's oGCD so it's literally an extra 3-6k damage (buff dependent) per minute.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    The EXP for the level 51-55 zones will need to be boosted a very high amount for it to be worth it. 3x or 4x of what it currently is. Probably the same for the other zones too but I have no idea how much they give because no one ever does them. Boosting exp from hunts would be very helpful too, but doubt they thought that far ahead.

But yeah, everyone has been complaining about the lack of EXP once you exhausted all your quests so it isn't a surprise they're already addressing this. Only alternative from N-Thanalan FATEs is Grinding Library, but you can't do that until level 59.

It honestly isn't as bad as people make out other than dungeon grinding being boring as hell. Just from knocking out my non-dungeon challenge logs, daily hunts, a few levequests (churning mists literally take 3 mins per leve) and a few fates I've gotten my PLD to just shy of 57 in like 8-9 days (and 2 of those days I didn't even play). Maybe a few extra misc things. I've barely entered dungeons (even though that would have been quicker) just because I couldn't be assed dealing with other players.

It's only awful if you try to do 50-60 in like 2-3 days so are forced to spam dungeons. I guess at 57+ now I will be forced to do dungeons but before then it's not too bad.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

a 200 potency line AoE oGCD that can be used 3-4 times a minute isn't useful?

At a glance it looked more like something you'd use to burn Blood on when you were gonna be exiting combat, I haven't really looked into DRG much.

Can see it can be used while maintaining Blood after looking at the skills again.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's something that Tornado Kick could/should have been a lot more like.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know I'm terrible with my Geirskogul use, but sometimes I feel its not worth it unless Blood of the Dragon is back up or you're sure you can get 3.5 GCDs in the remaining time - 10s. Is the mob going to die and you have to walk to the next one, and Blood is still on cooldown? Don't use it, or have fun doing 2.0 rotation again.

If they did at least one of these, I'd be happy:

* Make F&C and Wheeling procs. As in, you can get the ability proc, start your next combo and save them until you can do the position without breaking a combo.
    * Make the non-position potency equal to one of the combo starting abilities so it's not a complete waste when you can't get the position right.
    * Remove the random so we can actually plan ahead.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    It honestly isn't as bad as people make out other than dungeon grinding being boring as hell. Just from knocking out my non-dungeon challenge logs, daily hunts, a few levequests (churning mists literally take 3 mins per leve) and a few fates I've gotten my PLD to just shy of 57 in like 8-9 days (and 2 of those days I didn't even play). Maybe a few extra misc things. I've barely entered dungeons (even though that would have been quicker) just because I couldn't be assed dealing with other players.

It's only awful if you try to do 50-60 in like 2-3 days so are forced to spam dungeons. I guess at 57+ now I will be forced to do dungeons but before then it's not too bad.
    Yeah, I did a quick caluclation last week of how much EXP you can get on your first job from 50-60 in 5 days. I basically skipped all of the side quests aside from the ones that awarded Aether Currents and it went very smoothly to get to 60. I saved the rest of the side quests for my second job.

• EXP required to get from 50-60 = 21,736,800
    • There are 93 Main Story Quests that award EXP (the lowest awards 43,000 and the highest 86,000, so the average is somewhere around 67,000) = 6,230,000
    • There are 24 Aether Current side quests (24,000 to 43,000 for an average of 33,500) = 804,000
    • 1 Temple Leve per day for 5 days = 500,000
    • 4 story dungeons running each one once (average EXP is something like 300,000) = 1,200,000
    • 42 Sightseeing Logs (18,000 each) = 6,231,000
    • Challenge Log bonuses = 562,000
    • 10 FATEs for Challeng Log (assuming average of 18,000/FATE) = 180,000
    • 15 Levequests for Challenge Log (average of 20,000 each) = 300,000
    • Daily Hunts (assuming 4 days with 1-Star, 3 days with 2-Star, and 1 day with 3-Star) = 1,040,000
    • High Level Roulette for 5 days (average 150,000) = 750,000
    • Low Level Roulette for 5 days (average 200,000) = 1,000,000
    • Trial Roulette for 5 days (average 100,000) = 500,000
    • Story Roulette for 5 days (average 150,000) = 750,000
    • Guildhest Roulette for 5 days (average 40,000) = 200,000

Then there's your job quests, various other side quests like the one that unlocks flight for chocobos, exp from mob kills outside of dungeons, etc.

So that brings us to more than 15,000,000 exp over 5 days. That means roughly 6,700,000 remaining. So it's like 6 or 7 days to get from 50-60 if you repeat a dungeon here and there on top of dailies.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Because they have steady money from people who think Minions and Glamour is the most important thing to FFXIV and MMOs. They don't need to do anything else. This is why said people happily and quickly tell people to fuck off if they dare question the actual problems of the game.
    10/10

this is why i parted with my character

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye
    Because they have steady money from people who think Minions and Glamour is the most important thing to FFXIV and MMOs. They don't need to do anything else. This is why said people happily and quickly tell people to fuck off if they dare question the actual problems of the game.
    10/10

this is why i parted with my character
    I guess I just never understood complaining about games. Asking for new features and content or tweaks to existing ones is one thing, but outright complaining, especially in the rage-filled, offensive ways people do it in places like the official forums and BG seems like such a waste of time to me.

I play games to enjoy them. If I don’t enjoy them then I move on – chances are the game just wasn’t for me. I don’t waste my time by sticking around hoping that things will get better. If there’s something I enjoy more then I’ll do that instead. Even in FFXIV I only do the things I feel like doing. You didn’t need max ilvl to beat Coil in its entirety, so after a while I stopped capping my weekly tomes. I thoroughly enjoyed hunts at the start of 2.3, but after a while I moved on to focus on PvP instead. In Heavensward I’ve been mainly doing my daily Hunts and I’ve already capped i180. I didn’t feel like doing all too many side quests while leveling to 60, so I spread the leveling process over 8-10 days doing only what I enjoyed and got to 60 with almost no grinding.

But here it seems like people purposefully do things they don’t enjoy just so they can have something to bitch about. Why do people here watch the Live Letters anymore? You know what to expect, hell you’ve been complaining about them for the past year and a half. By all means provide suggestions or ideas on what you’d like to see added to the game, but if you want to avoid being compared to the official forums then you’ll want to be a bit mature about it.

I know this is BG and the internet, but am I missing something? Do people really like doing things they don’t enjoy? Do they really like tearing other people down to pass the time? I’m not sure I’ll ever understand it.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Something something passion something something I won't be ignored something something I want to be around people like me something something someone acknowledge me because this company won't something something I like to talk.

Its a lot of things, rolled up into one.

Look at the people who spend 7 hours trying to talk to SE customer reps in XI because "I got a 3-day for botting and I don't know why even though I used to bot and still use ashitaka (sp) but I totally don't fishbot and I don't know why SE still bans people because we wouldn't play the game if we couldn't use 3rd party even though we would because we're obsessed so we talk and talk because we need to feel validated about our opinions and passion/obsession."

This stuff isn't new, and it goes across every fandom and hobby out there. People are people.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    But here it seems like people purposefully do things they don’t enjoy just so they can have something to bitch about. Why do people here watch the Live Letters anymore? You know what to expect, hell you’ve been complaining about them for the past year and a half. By all means provide suggestions or ideas on what you’d like to see added to the game, but if you want to avoid being compared to the official forums then you’ll want to be a bit mature about it.
    Here's the thing: We have. Often. Loudly. It doesn't change anything or influence decisions most of the time (at least, in the realm of complaints mainly seen here on BG: towards difficulty, endgame viability, and QoL things that most other MMOs have).

Should we just not say anything? I mean yes some people are less "constructive" than others in their complaints, but that's what 2+ years of jaded views and ignored feedback from "our lord and savior Yoshi Pizza" will do to some. There isn't a lot to be said "constructively" that hasn't already been said.

I'm as jaded as most but that doesn't entirely reflect on what I do ingame (I too, like any sane human, divide my time among activities I tolerate so as not to burn out). I come to forums to vent with like-minded people or discuss/compare notes on content worth the discussion. There isn't a lot of the latter due to how straightforward things are.

Edit: Saying you can't understand complaining about things you like is silly. Literally everyone complains about things they like.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    I guess I just never understood complaining about games. Asking for new features and content or tweaks to existing ones is one thing, but outright complaining, especially in the rage-filled, offensive ways people do it in places like the official forums and BG seems like such a waste of time to me.

I play games to enjoy them. If I don’t enjoy them then I move on – chances are the game just wasn’t for me. I don’t waste my time by sticking around hoping that things will get better. If there’s something I enjoy more then I’ll do that instead. Even in FFXIV I only do the things I feel like doing. You didn’t need max ilvl to beat Coil in its entirety, so after a while I stopped capping my weekly tomes. I thoroughly enjoyed hunts at the start of 2.3, but after a while I moved on to focus on PvP instead. In Heavensward I’ve been mainly doing my daily Hunts and I’ve already capped i180. I didn’t feel like doing all too many side quests while leveling to 60, so I spread the leveling process over 8-10 days doing only what I enjoyed and got to 60 with almost no grinding.

I know this is BG and the internet, but am I missing something? Do people really like doing things they don’t enjoy? Do they really like tearing other people down to pass the time? I’m not sure I’ll ever understand it.
    Not entirely sure what you were going for there. But I got rid of my account because there is literally nothing in this game I enjoy. I played from beta stage of 1.0 till now in hopes of an XI clone, but as we all know this is definitely nothing like the former. Which is fine, XI was a niche game for a select few. I enjoyed XIV on occasion, but now that it has been put in stone that Fate grinds / Coil / Crystal tower is going to be the way things go, I went ahead and bailed. The vertical progression with practically no variety, and gear being made obsolete every 3-6 months just puts me off my tea. I am happy though, that others find the game fun. Because after all, if you personally enjoy the game why in the holy dick would you pay heed to what someone else thinks about that?

and to your comment on adding suggestions about content that we would like, feel free to check my signature. I beat that horse long after it was dead

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...rious-Monsters

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    Not entirely sure what you were going for there. But I got rid of my account because there is literally nothing in this game I enjoy. I played from beta stage of 1.0 till now in hopes of an XI clone, but as we all know this is definitely nothing like the former. Which is fine, XI was a niche game for a select few. I enjoyed XIV on occasion, but now that it has been put in stone that Fate grinds / Coil / Crystal tower is going to be the way things go, I went ahead and bailed. The vertical progression with practically no variety, and gear being made obsolete every 3-6 months just puts me off my tea. I am happy though, that others find the game fun. Because after all, if you personally enjoy the game why in the holy dick would you pay heed to what someone else thinks about that?

and to your comment on adding suggestions about content that we would like, feel free to check my signature. I beat that horse long after it was dead

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...rious-Monsters
    Good for you. When the game first started i divulged some misgivings to a friend of mine who is in game design. Basically, if all we get are dungeons and fates and 8 man instances, what the hell are we playing anyway? But i was willing to give the game a chance because it needed time to stabilize and working on solid, safe choices as opposed to putting all kinds of new stuff in was fine. I figured the expansion would rocket the game to where we all wanted it to be.

But that was when ARR first launched. Now here we are with what? more of the same + hunts and crystal tower? Does golden saucer even count as a thing? More of the same is not what i want to play. This expansion has been a brutal disappointment. And christ, just take a look at all the common sense SHIT that could easily make this game a million times better, but hasn't been put in. Jobs range between overpowered to complete messes. The glamour system is terrible. This game only just now has managed to put a token system in. We're still forced to play this garbage 8 man lunch table shit that's been retarded from day one. I could go on, cause I mean literally everytime I log in I see something that's like "man that is fucked, I could come up with a fix for that in less than a minute."

But anyway it's not about my complaints in a vacuum. It's the idea that if they just keep ignoring common sense shit and just doing this tunnel vision act of theirs, then can anyone really expect them to change? I don't. I have zero faith in them. People love to say "oh yeah yoshi-p will change it, look what he did for this and that." But if you just listen to these live letters, listen to the things he says and what he says in interviews, you can tell that he's got an isolated and tone deaf view. It's painful to hear. At least I could hate on tanaka cause he really was a complete moron and it was so obvious. But with yoshida, I keep getting the feeling that he's pretty much done what he could do and we've hit the wall on what this game could have become long, long ago. And I don't see anything changing anytime soon with the way he's going.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast