1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -4 hours, -21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 13 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Letter From the Producer Live XXIII

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    I know. My response was intended to mock the idiocy that is Square Enix "endgame" design choices.

Because I pay a subscription to this game and I feel entitled to an opinion about content.

It makes no sense for them to release content easier than Alex Normal at this point. Most of the premise behind the Casual Tower was a way for casuals to catch up on gear and try to bridge the difficult gap. The upgrade items weren't added until later in content life cycle when it just made sense to add incentive for good players to actually do that piece of shit content.

Now that casual players are able to clear Alex Normal which is supposed to be harder than Casual Tower... what is the purpose of Casual Tower? They spend so much time developing these 24 man raids that are literally so easy that it becomes a weekly faceroll that half the players don't pay attention to. If I was Square Enix I would be ashamed. They work so hard and spend so much time on this shit..and it's so easy everyone thinks it's a joke. It provides no challenge except to the mentally handicapped.

The game needs to slowly increase difficulty and add more midcore content. Casual Tower is pointless.

3.1 Content should be on par with or slightly more difficult than Alex Normal, but not as hard as Savage. Alex Normal should be the new baseline of "casual" content.

3.1 should drop gear that's same ilvl as esoterics (before upgrade), and should also be upgradeable by some means just like esoterics. This will provide THREE max ilvl gearsets, provide a midcore challenge, give people more options, have more meaningful content... I dunno, this is just turning into a barely coherent rant, but how does this not make sense to anyone? To Yoshi P?

Game makes no sense. There's barely any in-between. Players should be insulted that Casual Tower even exists.
    you havent used DF or PF to try and clear alex. there are PF PTs that cant clear it consistent. dont get me even started on DF i have only cleared A1-3 via and A1 was brutal for my sanity. the amount of DF needed till i got into a decent group ... oh god

people cant even clear tower without wiping at least at some point (even multiple times)

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I have noticed that df for the first floor is really bad because the dps usually sucks and can't handle the split, but everything else I have cleared no problem with df

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    I have noticed that df for the first floor is really bad because the dps usually sucks and can't handle the split, but everything else I have cleared no problem with df
    Dps bad as in not able to kill simultaneously? Or bad as in cant do enough dps?

Floor 1 is really the simplest floor.

Group i had last night was all bg ls dps. Had opprrssor to 34% before first liftoff

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Floor 1 is the hardest via DF because everyone has access to Floor 1. To get access to the later floors you need to clear the previous floors so it requires at least a scrap of competence or to be carried.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Floor 1 is the hardest via DF because everyone has access to Floor 1. To get access to the later floors you need to clear the previous floors so it requires at least a scrap of competence or to be carried.
    I'll buy hat theory. Sound logic.

On my server (Hyperion) even players in my most casual link shells are clearing through A4. The people that can't clear Casual Tower difficulty are definitely "on the spectrum". I don't even want these fucks playing the game, but they pay good money too. Casual Tower does the players a disservice. Blah blah blah. Retards only get smarter by going to school. If content doesn't get more challenging they don't have a reason to get any better.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    Casual Tower does the players a disservice. Blah blah blah. Retards only get smarter by going to school. If content doesn't get more challenging they don't have a reason to get any better.
    from my experience your assumption is entirely false, those people simply skip "school" and goes fishing. they're not going to try to get any better.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

And Yoshi is ok with that because they're happy failing every content and saying "hardcores" has no place in the MMO society anymore, so more money for yoshi for doing so little because any hint of a challenge they cry to nerf it.

Alexander is easy but it has a hint of challenge since it does still test your roles - No one cries for nerfs because they're getting handed 190 gear for little to no effort.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Dps bad as in not able to kill simultaneously? Or bad as in cant do enough dps?

Floor 1 is really the simplest floor.

Group i had last night was all bg ls dps. Had opprrssor to 34% before first liftoff
    Bad as in can't dps enough before they auto blowup and like, 65% or higher before .5 comes out. Most clears I have done so far trying on weekly item we have anywhere from 55-62% before split and there was one group where we won, and the second mob was at like 85% self destruct lol. Lotta people coming in with the bare minimum ilevel on my server grouping for df.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Pretty sure I could still pull at least 900 dps with i170 on drg. To still have boss at 65%....that is just unimaginable. Talk about Potato Dps

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Honestly I haven't had that many bad groups on Aether dc.
    Individual bad players in those groups, but overall most groups win every floor, though sometimes wipe once or twice first. Usually carrying some dead weight, though, and as one of two healers in every group I really hate seeing the bad healers the most D: There seem to be quite a few WHMs who don't know what regen is...

It's that thing that happens after Medica II!

Gotta keep that up full time yo, every WHM knows that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I know that's a joke, but as a WHM enthusiast I hate it when people full time Medica II and then proceed to just stand there for 20 seconds.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm still seeing the occasional co-healer in the DF who never bothered to get Swiftcast.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I know that's a joke, but as a WHM enthusiast I hate it when people full time Medica II and then proceed to just stand there for 20 seconds.
    Real talk, I'm still trying to break out of this habit myself. I'm too used to FFXI where it was your job to stand there and wait for the giant fuck you attacks to come because you can't nuke for shit even with capped divine skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Real talk, I'm still trying to break out of this habit myself. I'm too used to FFXI where it was your job to stand there and wait for the giant fuck you attacks to come because you can't nuke for shit even with capped divine skill.

Well that and MP management was never really an issue with refresh and ballad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8