1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Letter From the Producer Live XXIII

Surprised no one made a thread. I just woke up so I missed everything.

If anyone finds any translations please post the link.

http://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

When it was turn to ask about NIN, the question they asked was about MUDRA LAG? WTF, NO ONE FUCKING CARES ABOUT MUDRA LAG. FIX NIN TP

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Live translation: http://www.twitch.tv/mrhappy1227. Unfortunately.

Summary so far:

BRD? WM is fine and isn't going away. Get used to it.
    MCH? MCH dps is now inline. Be quiet.
    PLD? We gave you two combos... why the fuck are you complaining?
    DRK? DRK is fine, DRK damage is fine. You are playing it wrong. We are looking at Living Dead though.
    AST? Some changes to cards coming but your heals are fine... be less bad.
    SCH? Pet sacrifice will be useful in Savage, I swear!
    MNK? Too hard to balance this shit so we probably won't try.
    NIN? Mudra lag isn't a thing. Mudra weaving is clunky you say? You need to practice NIN more.
    DRG? Job too hard, dps too low, positionals are confusing! Buffs inc. WUT?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I wouldnt say drg is too hard. But the way fights are so far, its not easy or possible to do max dmg. Plus they gave drg 2 abilities that do the same thing, and it you miss the positional, you will loss lots of dps.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

12 hour live letter O.o

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Q21. It’s often difficult to find the NPCs and quest points for the quests in Churning Mists. Are there plans to adjust this?

A21. I definitely think we kind of over did it with the Moogle-related quests, so we will be careful in the future not to have these kind of quests. It seems like there is a high amount of hatred towards the Moogles who keep getting lost.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This was the first response where they actually seem to get it, and it's on something insignificant

Q21. It’s often difficult to find the NPCs and quest points for the quests in Churning Mists. Are there plans to adjust this?

A21. I definitely think we kind of over did it with the Moogle-related quests, so we will be careful in the future not to have these kind of quests. It seems like there is a high amount of hatred towards the Moogles who keep getting lost.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Q6. There seems to be a lot of nerfs in 3.0. Could you explain the reasoning behind this?

A6. When making adjustments to the job capabilities between each role, our fundamental policy is to make adjustments so that each job is in line with each other. However, when there is a concern that certain job actions would destroy the balance of content, it’s difficult to make adjustments in this manner and there are times we need to fix them. In regards to Shade Shift and Manawall, these both made it so ninja and black mage were impervious to physical attacks, and since future content will have a lot of magic-based attacks, we decided it would be best to change their effects to what they are now to increase the fun of the content.
    I don't understand their response. Do they not realize that Shadeshift and Manawall still only block physical damage? So they nerfed Shade Shift and Manawall because it made you immune to physical attacks and future content will have lots of Magical Attacks. So now they only block a portion of physical attacks instead of dodging it completely.....because content will be magic based????

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

clearly SE wants to introduce rune fencer!!!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    12 hour live letter O.o
    Probably around August 27th for the 2-year Anniversary, like they did last year

Edit: 14 hours and on the 22nd of August

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Q16. In regards to the effect of Protect and Stoneskin, can you add some type of advantage, similar to pre-patch 3.0, for white mages?

A16. As I mentioned previously, we made adjustments to actions that were largely based on stat percentages, and due to this the identity of each job was lost when using these abilities as additional actions. I apologize for this.

However, to compensate for this, we've added in a great deal of healing power.
    White Mage was already the best at raw healing power, damnit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    I don't understand their response. Do they not realize that Shadeshift and Manawall still only block physical damage? So they nerfed Shade Shift and Manawall because it made you immune to physical attacks and future content will have lots of Magical Attacks. So now they only block a portion of physical attacks instead of dodging it completely.....because content will be magic based????
    Tooltip bad, skills are bugged, shitty translation, or Yoshi on meth. One of these is true.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    This was the first response where they actually seem to get it, and it's on something insignificant
    Because this is what their target playerbase cares about the most. Anything significant is just "whining" according to every other XIV forum community.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Tooltip bad, skills are bugged, shitty translation, or Yoshi on meth. One of these is true.
    The tooltip for NIN doesn't specify physical damage like Manawall but I tested it personally and it's still only physical. Also as an aside from that same question I think "to increase the fun of the content" is the most lol worthy justification for a NERF.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

These questions are awful

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    I wouldnt say drg is too hard. But the way fights are so far, its not easy or possible to do max dmg. Plus they gave drg 2 abilities that do the same thing, and it you miss the positional, you will loss lots of dps.
    I mean even with downtimes in the last part of A4, I'm pulling around 1k+ so I wouldn't say the job is hard at all. I welcome potency buffs on if you do miss a flank/rear, though because spinning mobs are the worst.

And sorry for double~

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I think the positionals comment was in regards to Wheeling/Fang&Claw being random instead of Wheeling coming from Chaos and Fang coming from Full respectively like they were in the E3 demo. Still not entirely sure why they made that change. Only thing I can think of is since at 56 you don't have access to Wheeling yet they couldn't program Fang to come off of Chaos without making it a random proc for whichever you have available. Though my counter argument would be you don't get Geirskogul until 60 after you get Wheeling so the only thing making you lose Blood of the Dragon timer is it ticking down naturally so just using Fang after Full Thrust should be sufficient to keep 100% uptime.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I only skimmed the questions, but the only positive thing I saw was the mention of some new content related toGCs

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Q51. A lot of new equipment has been introduced, do you have plans to implement an inventory specifically for glamour, or some type of a gear log?

A51. I understand that players often carry their glamour equipment in the Armoury Chest, and because of this your Armoury is often full. We need to think about the stress being placed on the servers, but would like to somehow increase the quality of life by doing something like adding the ability to glamour from your retainer’s inventory. We’re also looking into saving the glamour status on the client side as a final measure.
    What. The. Fuck.

Way to completely miss the point of the question.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast