1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

SMN don't come anywhere close to 1500 on single targets, you gotta take DPS numbers on a case by case basis depending on the encounter. SMN can do absolutely disgusting damage on a2s because of the massive amount of AoE and being able to Bane DoTs from an already vulned target for ridiculously high damage spikes. NIN right now is a tiny bit (and it really is a small bit, nothing huge) lower than DRG and MNK as far as melee go, but that utility you bring does equate to a lot of damage too. Trick Attack is obviously a nice damage spike for everyone in the party and Shadewalker makes a big difference if you have decent tanks capable of putting out damage. It's particularly great in a1s where the first phase damage is essentially worth twice as much, the fact that we have a NIN lets me open with similar numbers to other DPS on my DRK and maintain 900+ until the split. Without a NIN I'd have to open with Grit, which is a huge enough damage loss alone without factoring in the fact that MCH Vuln and Trick Attack are both up during the openers, as are all your cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    but seeing our mnk and blm regularly getting around 1300 and hearing stories of SMN breaking 1500 make me sad
    Faust is not a fight to gauge your damage on, MNK and SMN are massively inflated from the presence of the adds.

Look at just the damage Faust is taking and you'll get a much better idea.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

That's looking at oppressor damage until the first jump, not Faust.

Idk what your SMN is smoking then, unless you're just looking at their peak DPS from their opener or something.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Idk what your SMN is smoking then, unless you're just looking at their peak DPS from their opener or something.
    It's not our SMN, we don't have one. It's our BLM bitching about how great SMN is and how terrible BLM is now, talking about parses he sees on Reddit of SMN maintaining 1500 for 5+ minute parses. I don't care enough to look it up myself, and I know people like to fix up their parses for unrealistic conditions for e-peen, so I take it with a pretty big grain of salt. Hence the "hear stories" part.

Ain't no SMN doing 1500 DPS on a single target no where, sounds like he's just whining.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Yeah SMN 1800+ dps is at A2S where pretty much can full time AOE. Also I think NIN is in a really good place right now, we have tons of utility and damage wise we're up there with DRG and MNK, only time MNK can beat NIN easily is on a fight with very little downtime/no target switching like in A4, maybe A3. Only thing I can complain about is NIN's TP consumption which is absurdly fast, when the best Goad target is another NIN (and DRK), you know something is wrong.

For Goad, I guess you could argue BRD is also a good target, but fuck that noise, I will never Goad a BRD, unless he just died. If I Goad a BRD, he/she will have no need to paeon, which I NEED.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Smn is the lowest non bard/mch single target dps.

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    For Goad, I guess you could argue BRD is also a good target, but fuck that noise, I will never Goad a BRD, unless he just died. If I Goad a BRD, he/she will have no need to paeon, which I NEED.
    BRD really shouldn't need Goad now, their TP consumption is a lot lower with Iron Jaws and cast times limiting their WS frequency a bit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    only time MNK can beat NIN easily is on a fight with very little downtime/no target switching like in A4, maybe A3.
    I'm curious as to why you think target switching negatively impacts MNK more than NIN, because every logical thought in my head tells me that is wrong. MNK always takes, at worst, 4 GCDs to get all their dots and debuffs back up on whatever you're switching to, NIN takes 4 at best, 9 at worst (if AC needs to be reapplied before you can spare a DE). MNK also has an instant input gap closer with very small animation lock and 30s cooldown compared to NIN's manual select on a 60 second cooldown.

My experience parsing against our static MNK whom I was always neck-and-neck with until HW, NIN is about 5-10% behind on everything but Bismarck and Ravana.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah MNK shines on multiple mobs, not sure where that comment comes from. If they're close you can always be spreading demolish and touch of death, if they're far (A1) you can swap every 30 seconds if you wanted to, Shoulder Tackle in to Dragon Kick and you're no longer losing any damage whatsoever. MNK also has fantastic AoE oGCDs now, so in shit like A2 you're constantly getting nice chunks of damage from Elixir Field and Howling Fist and using Rockbreaker doesn't fuck your rotation at all like Death Blossom would on NIN. Even on A1 MNK should have Perfect Balance up for all but one jump if I have my timings right, that coupled with how predictable the second/third jump are letting you get off Tornado Kick losing Greased Lightning is really no biggy anymore. Ravana is probably a good example of somewhere MNK is a little awkward in, but being able to get off Forbidden Chakra and Tornado Kick so easily prevents it from falling behind.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

my point is, in fights where MNK can stand still, it's harder for me to beat MNK's DPS. Other than A4 I've never had any MNK outdps me as NIN. (i'm talking single target ofc)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

And what kind of numbers are you pulling, then? Because either you've had some shit MNKs or there's some secret technique I'm missing to pull 100+ extra DPS out of the air. Highest I've managed on F4 was 1050 without getting quarantined, though I maybe could've pushed to 1100 if I had managed TP better, but our MNK has skirted on 1200 when he doesn't get quarantined.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

A4 i'm doing 1.1~k w/ no quarantine thats with MCH giving me TP, honestly I think the only limiting factor for NIN is the TP, other than that, on ideal condition we push same # as MNK w/ roughly 3-5% difference. and DRG is too RNG to compare with.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    BRD really shouldn't need Goad now, their TP consumption is a lot lower with Iron Jaws and cast times limiting their WS frequency a bit.
    Pretty much this. The only time BRD should be running TP dead now is if they can literally turret without any significant movement for like a solid 7+ mins or something ridiculous which just doesn't happen. For all the negatives surrounding WM, it did at least basically eliminate any TP issues outside of AoE.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

1. Fuma is for those with high latency. If using Raiton clips your GCD too much, use Fuma BUT only when either Dancing Edge or Storms Eye is up.

2. Since I have really low latency, I shoved the new stuff into my old rotation:

Pre-pull Huton, at ~13 secs Shadewalker on tank, pull at 15 secs

Spinning Edge > B4B+IR > Gut Slash > Dex pot > Dancing Edge > Suiton > Spinning Edge > Trick Attack + Shadow Fang (delayed slightly for debuff to be up) > Kassatsu + Mutilate > Raiton + Spinning > Dream + Jugulate > Gut Slash > Mug + Duality > Aeolian Edge.

I make sure Mutilate ticks fully or it's not a DPS increase. Shadow Fang needs to be up for at least 4 ticks to even out with Aeolian, so don't re-apply either SF or Mutilate if boss will disappear within 9 secs or less. 12 secs is probably better, cause you can fit at least 2 more Aeolians.

3. Depends really. I usually always use it on my DPS counter part as soon as they reach about ~700 TP, that way I can maximize the amounts of time I use it. However, if someone dies before that or my next use, if they use TP, then I'll give them Goad.

4. Using Doton is for packs of mobs. If there's two or more mobs, and they'll last more than 18 secs, then it's best to set up Doton because it needs to tick at least 6 times before it equals the potency of Katon.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Gust slash, not Gut. Fuma is almost always better than Raiton (Hopefully will change in 3.1) unless you're on JP delays or you just live in Toronto. Don't double up that many oGCDs.

Also Mutilate is a DPS gain at 5-6 tics, not the full duration, if it had to be the full duration it would be a pretty garbage skill.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

the feels of being able to ration effectively again tho.

it's been a long time coming boys n gals

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well, I for one, welcome our new Ninja Master Overlords.

I actually never understood why people complained about mudra lag until today. I never knew of such speed.