E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What Server should I go to? Look here!

Poll

Poll Results

FFXI Server Data Comparison

A lot of the servers in ffxi are dwindling. Economies are crashing, and most of the population are RMTs and afk bazaar mules.

What we need to do as a community to salvage the last bit of fun in this game, for some of us, is pick a server with a good healthy population, community, and economy, and move there to stimulate said server. Leave the dead and dying servers behind and merge ourselves together.

This isnt something to do today, or next week, or maybe even this month.

First we need data, and we need everyone to genuinly vote on what server is best to go to.

What I would like from volunteers on various servers is the following data, please aim to get the data during Prime time (around 7-9 PM PST) on a Saturday night.

The list is as follows:

A /sea all count, total server population logged in during saturday night.

A /sea count of your servers respective bazaar zone (typically Upper Jeuno from what I see, though adoulin is becoming the new go to spot)

Ill update here with said data. Once I collect it all Ill also organize it into nice little.

Servers I need data from still:
    Asura
    Shiva
    Phoenix
    Carbuncle
    Fenrir
    Sylph
    Valefor
    Leviathan
    Odin
    Siren
    Ragnarok
    Cerberus
    Bismarck
    Lakshmi

All in all it currently looks like Odin, Bahamut, and Asura are the best servers.

Why should we merge ourselves?

SE has pretty much stated they have no intention of doing a server merge for us any time soon. For a lot of our current servers we are dying. Like snow being spread out across the lawn, populations decline exponentially. Merging together extends the longevity of the community, like how the clumps of snow on your yard are the last to melt.

Second, this is our way of throwing money at SE. If your interested in extending the lifespan of the ffxi servers as much as possible, this is one of the best ways we can send the message to SE that we want ffxi to keep living for just a tinsy bit longer.

But, most importantly:

Larger server populations have a LOT of pluses for us as players. First and foremost, finding help for runs and PUGs becomes a LOT easier when there are more people online, of course.

Second, economies will be invigorated. As it stands it is exceptionally hard to finish an empy weapon because a lot of servers barely have any HMPs at all. Merging ourselves together clumps that up and makes it possible to actually make an Empy again.

Third, there will be more competition amongst us sellers, but balanced out by more demand. This means prices wont change terribly, but everything will just sell faster. Less time sitting 7/7 on the AH and afk in bazaar areas, more time actually farming!

The list goes on and on but these are the big ones. There are very little downsides to us merging together.

I think this is the best option for the little servers that are dying off.

The best part? If you don't like the idea, just dont participate and stay on your server. But anyone who is tired of being on a dead server, having to shout for an hour just to scrounge up 2 bodies to pop an escha nm, looking for items on the AH and seeing its empty, and being unable to sell items on the AH because no one is around to buy them...

Then this is our best bet to keep enjoying the game, even for just a little bit.

Will this completely save FFXI? Nope, probably not. Will it maybe buy us another several months of enjoyment? Definitely.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Why should we all pay SE to do what they need to in the first place? They said they would evaluate merges after NOV. If they see the pop on severs that are 400 or less consistently, they should make the decision. If not they are idiots, which seems most likely. I would wait it out until NOV before doing anything like this.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

every server is overrun with billions of overflowed(duped) items and gil, all the economies are royally fucked.

a merge won't fix this/player initiated merge won't fix economies

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah not partaking in this. I like my little corner of FFXI exactly as it is. I have 4 people who aren't complete fucking derps and a few mules between us, therefore I can do every level of content the game has to offer.

I am content.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No one is forcing your hand. Doesnt change the fact some of these servers are deserts with little to nothing going on. If people want to change servers they'll want to know where is best to go. Thats what this is for.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Let's all pay SE an extra $25 for specifically NOT doing their job.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Let's all pay SE an extra $25 for specifically NOT doing their job.
    The other option is make mules so you can play with yourself because the server is dead.

Let me be clear here. Some people DO want to change servers.

First off: If SE does a server merge, you dont get to choose where you end up. Doing it this way? You can pick.

Second: Not everyone will do it. Dont do it then, thats fine. For those of us that DO want to move however, itd be nice to know where it is best to go to. Savy?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Is it still $25? I thought they lowered it to $10 or $15. Still though, I agree with the general sentiment. Shouldn't reward SE for being tardbuckets.

Also, in the end-days they should definitely open a new server and only transfer active accounts to it so that we don't have the same "lost name" problems that have plagued every other merge.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Is it still $25? I thought they lowered it to $10 or $15. Still though, I agree with the general sentiment. Shouldn't reward SE for being tardbuckets.

Also, in the end-days they should definitely open a new server and only transfer active accounts to it so that we don't have the same "lost name" problems that have plagued every other merge.
    The 10$ lets me decide where I go to, so its better than the random dice roll of "which stupid server will SE stick me with?" that Id be going with for free.

And thats even if SE ever decides to do it. Last interview they said they had no plans for a server merge, last I heard, and they havent said anything else on the topic since.

So yes, the 10$ isnt rewarding SE for being stupid. Its me spending 10$ to go to the server I want to because I don't trust SE to make a good choice.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Last time they discussed it, they said that they would not be doing merges until after all the content had been released.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Last time they discussed it, they said that they would not be doing merges until after all the content had been released.
    Exactly, thats still months and months away, and even then SE probably wont server merge us right after chapter 3 comes out, but they'll wait for a bit longer after that.

If I have to spend half an hour extra shouting for groups every day, and I play about 4 days a week, thats 2 hours a week spent wasting time, 8 hours a month wasted. We're easily 4-5 months away from the earliest potential merge. Thats 40-48 hours of my life wasted I could get back for a quick server hop.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

So jump to Asura and annoy the reddit crowd. I'm not subscribed right now and see no reason to resubscribe until all the content is out, at which point they might be merging servers.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

it's $18, but yeah.

asura is the place to go if you want lots of people making lots of noise(compared to dead servers where no one shouts for days), they are all "noobs" for lack of a better word. but it is the most "active" if by active you mean people talking and being online.

all in all, people should probably pay if they want more active servers because counting on SE to do something right is like slamming your head against a safe and expecting it to open. or you could just play a different game being as FFXI is completely dead but hey, some people still really enjoy this game, right?

Campaign
    BG Level

Is it still $25? I thought they lowered it to $10 or $15.
    It's 18$ atm.
    Through special campaigns it's been temporarily reduced to something like ~5$ several times during the past year.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Asura is definitely the place to go if you like watching and reading drama shouts in town. lol. Not many dull moments in the shouts on this server. >.< Bring lots of popcorn!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wouldn't really recommend asura for endgame tbh. Most of the good groups aren't looking for new members and I don't see a ton getting done in shouts anymore.

Banned.

BG Level

I'd rather never play again than be forced to jump to le reddit server

Relic Shield
    BG Level

On my server it seems port jueno is the place to afk at although it has been spreading to lower and upper juenos a bit. And also Adoulin has alot of afk people. with people using ffxiah alot more often to search for bazaars i think the 1 zone for bazaaring doesnt happen as much anymore.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    On my server it seems port jueno is the place to afk at although it has been spreading to lower and upper juenos a bit. And also Adoulin has alot of afk people. with people using ffxiah alot more often to search for bazaars i think the 1 zone for bazaaring doesnt happen as much anymore.
    Most people dont use guildwork tho

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Most people dont use guildwork tho
    You'd be surprised how many ppl don't know about needing GW or having someone with GW on examine them for stuff to show on FFXIAH. They think their basar will just magically appear there.