1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -7 hours, -59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 16 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Not sure if real info or speculation but

http://guildwork.com/broadcasts/55ae...2aa84ca6307c51
    It's all in the notes? idgi; the only speculation/assumption is that Gordian Manifesto Page 4 drops from A4. We know Gobdip enhances weapons based on its description, and the other items are Gobtwine/Gobcoat which makes us know it's to upgrade an existing item unless this twine/coat is functionally different than the FCoB ones. The Esoteric gear is the only reasonable thing to assume that Gobdip enhances as it's the only gear in the notes that's said to be enhanced?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Missed that end of the table

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    At least SCH has 3 attacks that don't require accuracy...
    AST has 2. But WHM might be fucked.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

astro pls give me tp thanks

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

There's also (seemingly) the assumption that there's no direct drop of gobgrade materials, which would be surprising but possible considering they do say "gear."

But fuck that, the real news is that Crafting/Gathering gear is job specific again. 13 combat jobs + 11 crafting/gathering classes = RIP Armory space.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Yeah they need to do something, lol. How do they expect us to level anything with so little armory space?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

1 slot for vanity!

Well, one thing that helps a ton with organizing your armory is the option to make items you get go into your inventory, instead of the armory.

A lot of people don't know about that checkbox. I greed everything in dungeons :3

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

1 slot for alternate gear pieces to optimize acc for different turns on your main job.

Not that secondary stats besides acc matter any more.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

you wont be able to get more than 2-3 sets of AF to begin with, so prolly not that bad armory space issue

crafting gears however.......

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Man, this fucking DoL/DoH gear bloat. Seriously. And those materials? Fuck you, Yoshida. Just getting V materia is going to be awful enough to meld this shit properly..

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The red script gear is suppose to be the equivalent of max melded gear, so I don't think you're going to be worrying about the T5s for the armor itself. The accessories however, yeah I agree. The only way that I've personally seen T5 being obtained was from the goblin in Black Brush, I don't know if there is an actual way prior to the current patch to actually get T5 from converting.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I thought it was supposed to (anectodal, since why not; it's probably like NQs being 90% of the HQ values or something) be like moderately worse than the actual melded shit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The only way that I've personally seen T5 being obtained was from the goblin in Black Brush, I don't know if there is an actual way prior to the current patch to actually get T5 from converting.
    3.0 patch notes

Grade five materia for crafting and gathering classes will not be available at the release of patch 3.0. They are scheduled to be added at a later date. However, it will be possible to receive grade five crafting or gathering materia via materia transmutation by speaking with Mutamix.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    I thought it was supposed to (anectodal, since why not; it's probably like NQs being 90% of the HQ values or something) be like moderately worse than the actual melded shit.
    Crafting AF gear was better in 2.X until the Artisan set was trickled out during 2.4-2.5 onwards.

Given how formulaic this expansion has been thus far, gear upgrades aside, we'll probably see an Artisans v2. later in this expansion's life.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Crafting AF gear was better in 2.X until the Artisan set was trickled out during 2.4-2.5 onwards.

Given how formulaic this expansion has been thus far, gear upgrades aside, we'll probably see an Artisans v2. later in this expansion's life.
    That's not actually answering anything we're talking about though, as there was no non-crafted alternative until 2.4 or whenever they introduced that garbage set.

This is specifically about the red scrips gear vs. the crafted-melded; the scrips gear was apparently supposed to be slightly-to-moderately worse than the crafted and melded. If this is true remains to be seen.

"You take 140540 damage." Faust is fun

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is there any information about the way the new recipes are unlocked in the .dat mining patch? Specifically I'm worried about a red script mastercraft IV book.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They're all Master III.

You're not going to like what you see though, as to how you go about making this shit.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hmm, would it be faster to save pages for a Savage weapon and start buying 200 gear with esoterics? Or save esoterics for a 210 weapon and just keep farming 190 gear for now?