1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -1 hours, -37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 10 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 3.05 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaudant View Post
    More repetitive dungeon grind.

They should really make the pvp reward higher.

Also, if you were to do your expert then do level 60 dungeons you end up with 435 out of 450. Who designed this shit?
    I'm sure you're doing some Alexander in there, whether it's normal or savage. 10 esoterics per run.

My math is at least 160 esoterics from normal Alexander per week anyway (at least 4 runs of each area).

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

People sure are mad about the crafted gear being worse and about the timegated stuff for crafting. The tears are delicious.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I wouldn't say I would be mad about it being heavily gated if it had a point.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

At this point we should just request SE to lock us to one class. Maybe then we can end this charade of being able to main multiple classes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    At this point we should just request SE to lock us to one class. Maybe then we can end this charade of being able to main multiple classes.
    lol, get out

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Lotta wahh in this post. I just don't like the fact that people bitch they can't do the hardest end game content on every class they have, at least when the content's been out for as short amount of time as it has, but then again.. everyone bitches about everything I guess, so what can you do?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    does everyone here realistically think they can clear A4S at i190?

you should be able to judge that based on your groups progression in Savage when Week 2 comes along.
    It's been weapon first since 2.0, no?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Lotta wahh in this post. I just don't like the fact that people bitch they can't do the hardest end game content on every class they have, at least when the content's been out for as short amount of time as it has, but then again.. everyone bitches about everything I guess, so what can you do?
    Is it so much of an issue if I'd like to swap between my PLD or WHM for content if my static group needs it?

Not like I was being serious about locking us to one job, but the fact that Alex Savage is the only interesting (i.e. hard) content is also part of the problem. Once i200 weapons are affordable you're essentially making a commitment.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I wouldn't say I would be mad about it being heavily gated if it had a point.
    ^ This. Right now I'm levelling my classes because I was pretty slow off the blocks this time but looking ahead at all of this I just hope it becomes more worthwhile in the long run. I thought they were going to stamp on omnicrafting but I thought there might be more of a point to it all....

I saw two FATE parties back in N Than last night. Is that just people levelling to 50 or is there some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    I saw two FATE parties back in N Than last night. Is that just people levelling to 50 or is there some reason?
    Bots.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    It's been weapon first since 2.0, no?
    yes, i was just going along with comments the other 2 made.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Quite honestly, I think it's just the weirdness of it. In XI you could do end-game on multiple jobs, as being flexible was required if you were going with end-game linkshells. In ARR/HW, it's a negative if you chose to play more than one because the progression doesn't allow it without artificial grind. So while they're different games..the fact they could let you progress on multiple jobs if you chose in XI (up to players/raid leaders how they disperse gear) versus now..just kinda feels its more "hey we won't really release content..here you go grind with lockouts!" more than trying to get you to focus on one job at a time.

So it's more along the lines that the gating doesn't have a reason to exist other than the fact they aren't really making content or a proper release. 3.1 will be obsolete in terms of design because it won't release something higher than Alexander Savage, which means you have ample time to get to it and try to clear it..otherwise 24 man raid will probably be 190-200 (to obsolete Alex normal in a sense) then 3.15 will introduce the additional way to get upgrade materials for esoterics..it's just a mess.

Oh all on a weekly lockout. As much shit as people get for even mentioning XI, no matter its faults, the progression was done amazingly. Some items weren't great or sidegrades, but at least you had proper options and actual content to run for it. Yeah we're in an age where you obsolete shit to keep the game 'moving' but why not just create content that lasts..or better yet, start building off of older content rather than forgetting about it?

Like hell why not add "Floor 5-9" of Alexander through minstrel when you introduce "Obsolete Casual Alliance Raid" in 3.1? I know they fucked themselves by releasing coil before CT back in 2.0 but they had ample time to correct it.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's like Yoshi-P learned nothing from 2.XX and is sticking hardcore to his formula. Maybe it's just that 3.0 was created alongside 2.XX patches but there is no indication that anything going forward is going to alter the formula in any substantive way.

Well, at least there's Singularity (Hard) to look forward to? With accessories that will be obsolete nigh instantly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Most of HW has been backwards from what made ARR successful. It's like YoshiP wants to bleed player base and ruin his own game

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Not sure how HW is backwards when it's the textbook definition of an expansion pack, for better or worse. It's ARR expanded, line for line.

Things like Hunts haven't changed one iota and you've got progression raiding complete with content already on its way to the recycle bin.
    Crafting has managed to get worse with no defined end purpose, unbelievable grinding and a mantra that crafting gear must be detached from endgame raiding. Why? Because all fun must be squeezed into vacuum packed gating mechanisms.

Things like CUL food are still extremely situational (read: endgame raiding, crafting), ALC is still *shrug* consumables, FSH still has tons of garbage to reel in.

Like I said before, it could very well be that 3.0 is holding on to the vestiges of 2.X but it really wouldn't surprise anyone if 3.X is one giant copy/pasta job of 2.X because that's how everything is shaping up. People gave Tanaka loads of shit for his ideology on grinding and there's no reason Yoshida should get a pass simply because he does it with a smiling face.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Curious: what else should food be? I've got food in my mouth when I fight and I've got food on my table when I go home to my FC house.

What else?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Not sure how HW is backwards when it's the textbook definition of an expansion pack, for better or worse. It's ARR expanded, line for line.

Things like Hunts haven't changed one iota and you've got progression raiding complete with content already on its way to the recycle bin.
    Crafting has managed to get worse with no defined end purpose, unbelievable grinding and a mantra that crafting gear must be detached from endgame raiding. Why? Because all fun must be squeezed into vacuum packed gating mechanisms.

Things like CUL food are still extremely situational (read: endgame raiding, crafting), ALC is still *shrug* consumables, FSH still has tons of garbage to reel in.

Like I said before, it could very well be that 3.0 is holding on to the vestiges of 2.X but it really wouldn't surprise anyone if 3.X is one giant copy/pasta job of 2.X because that's how everything is shaping up. People gave Tanaka loads of shit for his ideology on grinding and there's no reason Yoshida should get a pass simply because he does it with a smiling face.
    I think YoshiP lost his "pass" when 3.0 grindnotes started to roll out. But its not only crafting and gathering, its savage also. He made super-easy-faceroll mode and now 2% savage mode. There is no longer that middle ground that the 35% of the population enjoyed.. if it was even 35% of the population that cleared coil when it was relevant. He may say Normal mode is meant for everyone, but its not fun for those who want the middle ground challenge that previously existed so its isolated more players than its appeased.

There is a reason no MMO makes 2% only content and succeeds anymore. I just dont get why he is so hellbent on making 2% content when only 2% of the playerbase ever did savage. Where did this idea come from? Along w/ making gathering and crafting so grindy. Did people actually ask for this?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Isn't it just 2% content for like, 2 weeks until people start getting weapons, ect.? I'm not comprehending this notion that a month from now, only 2% are going to have cleared Savage when people are slotting themselves up with Isoterics gear and such. I'm also not comprehending this notion that people have to be clearing Savage 1 through 4 on the first week or the complaints about it being too hard roll in. I'm also ALSO not comprehending this notion when, in the same breath, people talk about how content is being reduced to being outdated too quickly when savage literally just came out.

Who, exactly cleared T5 a literal week after it came out aside from the 2%? This feels exactly like T1-5 when people were running around with Ilvl90 gear except for slightly tighter gear checks because people have had 2.0 to get used to their classes and mechanics. This feels exactly like when people were saying T2 was too hard because it required silence, or T1 was too hard because Wars couldn't tank it due to people's low DPS gaining rapid stacks on the boss. This feels exactly like people saying T4 was too hard because only the 2% Wars could tank double dreads while plds could with few problems. This sounds exactly people saying that T5 was too hard and too unforgiving because twister mechanics were overly complicated and punishing.

So basically, this sounds exactly like people doing what people always do. Cycle of life, I guess, and I guess that means Yoshi is in for more profit since the people saying things then are saying things now and are still sending in those checks each payment cycle.

Three months from now, Katlan, when you look back at this post about 2% content, will you feel the same way as you do now? Will savage still be 2% content then? If its not still 2% content at that point, was it ever appropriate to call it 2% content in the first place?

I don't like using the 2% content statement in XIV because it never existed. 2% came from TBC WoW where the devs admitted that basically a pittance of the population ever saw those raids, and that they hated the thought of spending all that time and effort designing things nobody ever got to see. It never happened again, and that certainly never happened in XIV unless you count savage Coil 2, which didn't have any storyline locked behind it in the first place.

Months after T13 was released only like 3% of the playerbase had cleared it.

Alex Savage is probably going to be lower.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post

Like I said before, it could very well be that 3.0 is holding on to the vestiges of 2.X but it really wouldn't surprise anyone if 3.X is one giant copy/pasta job of 2.X because that's how everything is shaping up.People gave Tanaka loads of shit for his ideology on grinding and there's no reason Yoshida should get a pass simply because he does it with a smiling face.
    His dev team also manages to put out less content in about the same span of time.

Like i've been telling niggas since we got more info about Heavensward; Yoshida is just a charismatic Tanaka, he doesn't fucking deserve a pass on any of this trainwreck-y bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Isn't it just 2% content for like, 2 weeks until people start getting weapons, ect.? I'm not comprehending this notion that a month from now, only 2% are going to have cleared Savage when people are slotting themselves up with Isoterics gear and such. I'm also not comprehending this notion that people have to be clearing Savage 1 through 4 on the first week or the complaints about it being too hard roll in. I'm also ALSO not comprehending this notion when, in the same breath, people talk about how content is being reduced to being outdated too quickly when savage literally just came out.

Who, exactly cleared T5 a literal week after it came out aside from the 2%? This feels exactly like T1-5 when people were running around with Ilvl90 gear except for slightly tighter gear checks because people have had 2.0 to get used to their classes and mechanics. This feels exactly like when people were saying T2 was too hard because it required silence, or T1 was too hard because Wars couldn't tank it due to people's low DPS gaining rapid stacks on the boss. This feels exactly like people saying T4 was too hard because only the 2% Wars could tank double dreads while plds could with few problems. This sounds exactly people saying that T5 was too hard and too unforgiving because twister mechanics were overly complicated and punishing.

So basically, this sounds exactly like people doing what people always do. Cycle of life, I guess, and I guess that means Yoshi is in for more profit since the people saying things then are saying things now and are still sending in those checks each payment cycle.

Three months from now, Katlan, when you look back at this post about 2% content, will you feel the same way as you do now? Will savage still be 2% content then? If its not still 2% content at that point, was it ever appropriate to call it 2% content in the first place?
    Yeah, if anyone actually believes that Alexander Savage is going to remain "2%" or whatever, they must not understand how much Weapon Damage improves DPS and makes these tight checks easier. This may be the only thing this dev team has actually gotten right in HW (aside from the non-Alexander story and music).

Also I guess there's that 210 gear from A1S and A2S that most will probably be able to get on farm in a couple weeks (if they aren't already there), to further things.

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I think YoshiP lost his "pass" when 3.0 grindnotes started to roll out. Along w/ making gathering and crafting so grindy. Did people actually ask for this?
    Only part you got right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast