1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Patch 3.05 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Weapons have VIT too. I really doubt that a smidgen more Mdef is going to be the dealbreaker. But I'm not there yet so.
    Good point. I do wonder though if the difference jumping from an i180 body piece to an i200 body piece here would be more substantial a jump for surviving more in the fights.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well, we're getting relic weapons in 3.1 and we don't know what ilvl they will start or end up as (initially, we all know they'll be 210 before 3.2) but that will be another but you'll have another path open at least. Eso for armor, grind for weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Weapons have VIT too. I really doubt that a smidgen more Mdef is going to be the dealbreaker. But I'm not there yet so.
    Worth mentioning that the DEF increases on armor are not the "smidgen" they used to be in 2.0.

Whether that actually translates into more mitigation gained I can't say, but worth noting.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Unfortunately, eyeballing does jack shit when it comes to armor. Would be nice if they buffed foresight, though. I'd rather have 5% mitigation than the current armor.. *snort*.. "buff"...

Pretty sure someone math'd Foresight to be something like 6% mitigation way back in i90 days, it would only have increased from there with higher ilvl.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Pretty sure someone math'd Foresight to be something like 6% mitigation way back in i90 days, it would only have increased from there with higher ilvl.
    Unless SE flipped the scaling for defence at 60 on it's head in which case it could be even more garbage than we think it is.

Too bad nobody really cares enough to find out (I think).

Other than DEF gains on gear being larger than they used to be I have no idea what you mean, or why you think it would be be worse somehow.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm saying that just because the def gains on gear are much higher now doesn't mean that translates in to more damage reduction and until someone actually figures out it's value at level 60 it could be worse than what the lvl 50 i90 tests concluded.

Example, Spell Speed was 0.000952 GCD/Cast time reduction per point at 50. At 60 it's 0.0003-something per point. Conclusion? Just because we are getting a shit load more spell speed on new gear doesn't mean we are casting faster. Most people are probably casting slower.

We went from wearing lvl 50 Dreadwyrm to wearing lvl 60 Darklight, we're supposed to be casting slower and taking more damage.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I get that. You are obviously missing the point.

it would only have increased from there with higher ilvl
    This in particular is what I'm trying to say is not be true.

I'm not saying our total mitigation from defence is worse than say Darklight at 50, I'm saying that it could be... because the scaling has changed in ways we don't understand yet.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Other than DEF gains on gear being larger than they used to be I have no idea what you mean, or why you think it would be be worse somehow.
    We went from wearing lvl 50 Dreadwyrm to wearing lvl 60 Darklight, we're supposed to be casting slower and taking more damage.
    So obviously you do see how having more defense could result in taking more damage.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

What he's saying is that at our current item level cap, we're going to be about as well geared as a Lv.50 in i75~80 as we are at Lv.60 with i180~i190ish. i210 is roughly the same jump from darklight to mythology in terms of overall stat gain. i200 is roughly the same as LotA i80 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahaudant View Post
    I get that. You are obviously missing the point.

This in particular is what I'm trying to say is not be true.

I'm not saying our total mitigation from defence is worse than say Darklight at 50, I'm saying that it could be... because the scaling has changed in ways we don't understand yet.
    When I said it would have increased with higher ilvl I was referring to going from ilvl 70 to 130 when the level cap was 50, wasn't trying to imply that it would inherently be better at 60 than 50.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It's hard to use the Lv50 gears as a barometer for DEF scaling since the DEF/MDEF values only ever bumped by 1 or 2 every 10 iLevels, it essentially didn't change the entire time we were lv50. As far as your DEF/MDEF is concerned, switching your entire gearset from iLv50 to iLv130 is the rough equivalent of putting on a 2nd belt.

Now, the lv60 gear is actually bumping the DEF/MDEF values a respectable amount for each iLv jump, which is nice, but we don't really have any idea how that affects things right now.

I... I forgot the point I was trying to make, so read into that whatever you like.

I assume the change is to simply make gear checks harder to work around.

If the DEF gains on armor are more significant and enemy damage is scaled up accordingly it's harder to work around the higher damage/healing demands thru things like crafted accessories for more VIT because you're still getting hit that much harder with lower ilvl armor.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It's an eyesore to see such inflated stats. 1000 Str? 600 spell speed? Ugh...
    Why did the devs choose scaled stats instead of cumulative stats? In ffxi for example, you could have 50% magic reduction and nothing could take it away. New gear and levels increased your total speed/power/damage mitigation, not reboot it. Are we doomed to be at the same casting/gcd speed/crit rate/damage mitigation at lv60 with i230 as we were at lv50 with i130?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Why did we ever break the 9999 damage cap in FF titles? Ugh, terrible decision by a company on the downslide. My OG merton feels less powerful ever since FF10 came out.

I hate when things change.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    It's an eyesore to see such inflated stats. 1000 Str? 600 spell speed? Ugh...
    Why did the devs choose scaled stats instead of cumulative stats? In ffxi for example, you could have 50% magic reduction and nothing could take it away. New gear and levels increased your total speed/power/damage mitigation, not reboot it. Are we doomed to be at the same casting/gcd speed/crit rate/damage mitigation at lv60 with i230 as we were at lv50 with i130?
    They choose to scale the stats so they kept power creep in somewhat of a check. The only thing that actually increases our damage and healing outputs is from w.damage and primary stats, eventually they'll add a curve to vit so things don't get retardedly thrown out of proportion for every class and so it's easier for the engine itself to handle the numbers that are stored in memory. If this is too much of an eyesore for you I suggest you look for another mmo by 4.0 because things are going to be handing out +200 stats each by that point in the game and we'll probably see +200w.damage weapons during the first raid cycle.

an eyesore to read 4 digits instead of 3 LOL

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    an eyesore to read 4 digits instead of 3 LOL
    ^ Laughed at this very thing.

Dudes complain about the stupidest shit, lol.