Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Depends how strong the set bonus is though too.
    No, I think it depends on Nolan's augments. Which might totally be awesome, we'll find out soon.
    Set bonus is gonna be something small for sure, and anyway I don't see why it should matter, considering how hard it will be to get a full set of +1 set.
    In the same time, if not sooner, you could get perfect augments on multiple Helios sets and laugh in front of the Apogee one.

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    though I am really curious about the potency of that set bonus on Apogee... it'll have to be extremely potent for it to beat even just "meh" augmented Helios....
    Set bonus will be small.
    Nolan's augments is where the potential of this set will be expressed.
    I'm still a bit skeptical on it, if anything for the lack of customization compared to Helios, but there are good chances it might be at least a valid alternative for someone who doesn't want to play the RNG game.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How on earth can you claim that the set bonus will be small? You have no idea what it is.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

we also don't know yet if the set bonus requires all 5 pieces or if you can have partial set bonus.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    How on earth can you claim that the set bonus will be small? You have no idea what it is.
    A very strong hunch based on my intuition.
    That, and I don't see SE creating such an incredible difference on two pieces which are both 119, one of which is extremely rare to obtain and requires multiple slots.

New Merits
    BG Level

Any way to dump mission/quest text? Could help us figure out the alternate paths for Rhapsodies missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    we also don't know yet if the set bonus requires all 5 pieces or if you can have partial set bonus.
    It's most likely that it'll be partial and scaling potency, set bonuses have been like that since Abyssea era... Only modern exception that I recall is the shitty 117 spark armor sets.

That being said.... that's just a "more likely" chance.
    If they're 5/5... smh. That just... is too many shenanigans in play here.

And, Sechs, I'm not sure the crafting gate is better than the RNG. It's basically: pay 500M for this one gear that's good enough, or pay 500M to get this decent gear cracked out.
    Cause there's still the possible money and/or time sink in what it takes to augment them.
    Plus I'm betting that A!Rakaznar will be +"dawnstone" rather than +1. (since A!Yorcia didn't +1 the weapons, it was +duskstone, so it would make sense that the Alluvion for Rakaznar follows suit.)

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    still haven't seen the augments though from Nolan. Could be incredibly powerful..... or could be shit. Time will tell.
    I don't doubt that they'll be good. (Or rather, I seriously doubt that they'll be shit, that is)
    It's just that I feel they released A!Yorcia too soon... or rather, the stuff is too good, y'know? That this stuff has to work REALLY hard to beat even just passable augments on A!skirmish gear. (barring stuff like refresh ofc)
    Especially the massive crafting block behind it. (verses "free" skirmish, Delve, or Geas Fete gear)
    And since A!skirmish stuff has been around for so long, it's just.... underwhelming? (Not to mention the fact that, for me, trying RNG with the possibility of 100k to 500M spent is better than 500M hard priced. Obvious hyperbole is obvious.)
    Though there are definitely things that are potentially OP as hell. (namely thinking of Lustratio+1, the potency of the WSdmg could possibly put THF back to being more than just TH.)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    It's just that I feel they released A!Yorcia too soon... or rather, the stuff is too good, y'know? That this stuff has to work REALLY hard to beat even just passable augments on A!skirmish gear. (barring stuff like refresh ofc)
    Especially the massive crafting block behind it. (verses "free" skirmish, Delve, or Geas Fete gear)
    And since A!skirmish stuff has been around for so long, it's just.... underwhelming?
    I completely agree with this. Yorcia skirmish gear's effort/reward ratio is very fuckered compared to literally the rest of the whole game.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chumm View Post
    Any way to dump mission/quest text? Could help us figure out the alternate paths for Rhapsodies missions.
    I got POLUtils working to see the quest texts, but it's jumping right to my installed dats. Any way to point it to a separate folder so I can just have it read the update files I saved elsewhere? There's nothing in the menus about loading files, maybe a command line argument?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

anyone got the mp3/youtube link of the new music they added with RoV?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Since they seemed to have missed a few abjurations, would it be terrible to guess they might have the rest in the next Escha area?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

think this is a good place to ask this, but why does it seem like great swords are always left out of the Dat mining and the list of new update items?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There was only one Gsword, its the RUN JSE one at the bottom of weapon list.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Humility is also a great sword.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Humility is also a great sword.
    I didn't think it was that great. Id say its an okay sword.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

wrong topic

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

same thing happened when they added escha the first time, the blurred GSs and the the one that droped from Escha NMs were skipped

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4