1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Hitting 50 on white mage since it's 47 would be easiest, but what is the way of leveling a second and third job with main quests already done on whm?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Hitting 50 on white mage since it's 47 would be easiest, but what is the way of leveling a second and third job with main quests already done on whm?
    FATEs, dungeons, side quests, leves; not necessarily in that order of importance

I prefer dungeons so I don't have to buy gear, others prefer FATEs because they can be faster; I haven't done leves recently enough to know how good the exp is. Sidequests are great, but obviously limited.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Leves pale in comparison to Dungeons and FATEs and are generally seen as a last resort for DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    It's definitely up for you to decide. DRK is the new hotness in terms of tanking and popular by default, Machinist is cool but all kinds of what the fuck and yoshi's desperate attempt to avoid any similarities to Corsair from XI or a gunner from any other MMO. Astrologian is cool..but needs potency boosts whereas WHM got insane boosts that it didn't need.
    I would actually say MCH is in a pretty decent spot. It probably has one of the most complicated rotations in the game and relies heavily on it's burst potential, but once you start to understand what the job is about, you start to see how strong it is. It's main problem is all of it's damage is packed into burst phases, and if you miss it your damage is complete shit and you've most likely failed a dps check. It could use some QoL changes for that reason, but it's better than say, Bard, which got shot in the kneecaps.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

I came back a month ago. Had to do a few 2.5 MSQ, but once I hit 50, it was smooth sailing of very casual playing. It took me a month to hit 60 and now I'm taking endgame slowly. It's possible to play this game very casually, just don't expect to hit 60 in less than a month. I put in maybe 2, 3 hours every other day for a month, but I also skipped all the cut-scenes.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Having trouble accessing my account, emergency serial code isn't working or I have a wrong password or character. So tomorrow I've got to call SE to get access back, no big deal.

It got me thinking about starting a new account on a free trial though and seeing if I like it. If they made fate grinding less needed, and if I play a more fun job to level than white mage, I may not be losing too much by abandoning my 47 whm. Paladin and warrior were only 22 and 32 and not 40. Might help with relearning the game and how to get everywhere and stuff too.

The real downside is character creation. Not only does it take 2 hours to pick eye colors but the last name takes forever lol.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I started playing an alt interested in red crafting scripts. My char was 15. The levels FLY by, even on dps because they put that new feature in where people new to duties get pushed to front of queue. My char was 15, on MSQ 15. It's 25 now, on MSQ 22. I'm actually outlevelling the story because they doubled MSQ exp up to 50. I'm pretty sure I'mma hit 50 and only be like 45 on story.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

My take on FATE grinding. It all depends on how fast you're trying to level. You can average a level a day without doing MSQ if you have a full bar of rested just by doing a couple of dungeons. However if you're trying to level faster than that, you're going to have to do FATEs. If you take your time, you'll never have to FATE grind. Also leves are pretty straightforward and give a great amount of exp. There are several alternatives to grinding FATEs, though I know that's not how it's always been. The great thing about FFXIV is that SE is actually listening to their player base, where on FFXI they didn't give two shits.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    It got me thinking about starting a new account on a free trial though and seeing if I like it. If they made fate grinding less needed, and if I play a more fun job to level than white mage, I may not be losing too much by abandoning my 47 whm. Paladin and warrior were only 22 and 32 and not 40. Might help with relearning the game and how to get everywhere and stuff too.

The real downside is character creation. Not only does it take 2 hours to pick eye colors but the last name takes forever lol.
    You'll lose any rested exp you might have had on your original character, which does help speed things up a bit

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Intense View Post
    You'll lose any rested exp you might have had on your original character, which does help speed things up a bit
    Screw the rested exp! You'd lose out on the +50% exp armory bonus you'd otherwise have had until 47.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I gained access to my account and got 48 did a dungeon or two. Think I'm gonna try a dps class now, either my 32 warrior or a fresh dragoon. Thanks for the help.

Just so you're not surprised, WAR is not a DPS class but a TANK.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

War is special, its both tank and dps

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    War is special, its both tank and dps
    Fell Cleave *fap* *fap*

Warrior is a a fun tank that you play like you're dps anyway.

This is all true, but when you queue for DF it's tank.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

When you tank you're just DPSing anyway, except that you just need to focus mobs on you (which takes a few GCDs of AoE). After that I'm going to try my damndest to smash my mob to dust like a DPS would lol.

My advice is don't try to level to 60 in one day. FATE grinding is really for people who has to get all the exp immediately but I get sick of it easily as well. Just do roulettes and do a couple highest dungeon (you're a WHM anyway so queue time is minimal), and do the daily hunts. You'll get a level every one or two days this way.