1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

They haven't said anything more than "we're considering it".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    They haven't said anything more than "we're considering it".
    Which means "It's gonna happen". They even offered a free upgrade to PS4.

They did that back when the PS4 version launched and it was for a limited time only.

Also, in what fucking world does the devs saying "we're considering it" mean "it's gonna happen", because it's not this one.

Them saying "it's gonna happen" isn't even a guarantee something is gonna get done.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Gamescon interview with jpgames

http://jpgames.de/2015/08/gamescom-2...naoki-yoshida/

Biggest thing to note imo

MMORPG.de: What will happen when the european servers are finished? How will the transition phase work and will players have to do something special to play on the european servers?

NY: The players don’t need to do anything. There will be 4 to 5 days maintenance, we have to ask your patience there. What we are planning at the moment: There are some EU recommended servers in an ADC (American Data Center). All the data from these servers will be copied to the EUDC (European Data Center). We will check the safety of the data, if they are secured okay. Once confirmed, we will ask players to log in. So some time is needed for copying the data and also for the check. This is why we have to ask for the 4 or 5 days maintenance, but after the maintenance you just log in and you will be in the new data center. We want to make it as smooth as possible for the players. All the details will become available on a later date, so please keep an eye out.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't get the 4-5 day maintenance. From a data conversion point of view (which is what I do for a living) they should be able to replicate every piece of data on a separate instance, package it up and extract > load it onto the new servers. I say this without the knowledge of their hardware capabilities so I am sure there are limitations that are known only to SE, but the only problem I can see is the loss of progress from the time the data is replicated to the time the EU servers go live.

They could possibly take a snapshot of all changes from "x" date/time to the date/time of the new server golive and only move what has changed. This would be specific to character data since that is all that would change.

That being said, I have no idea the number of accounts being migrated or the volume of data that would be the result of such an approach, so I could very well be talking out of my ass.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Nullibicity View Post
    dropping ps3 finally?
    Not that dropping the PS3 will get rid of yoship limitations. Still though it's going to be interesting to see if they get past this current format. In those interviews they mention 100k active on all servers or w/e and the millions of characters/accounts made, so there's plenty to migrate and many EU people happily ready to move over. With XIV down 4-5 days, of course by reset period, it's yoshi after all, maybe they'll give us some solid info.

Next step seems to be TGS, since I'm sure this live letter 'variety show' will largely be dancing around what we actually want to know.

Well the interviews were interesting, just wish they'd talk about 3.1 already, no point keeping it a 'surprise' or to drive 'hype' for content the game sorely needs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Taking a look at Game Watch one now.