RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    There's 5 star cards that show up on the hard difficulties. I've obtained Bahamut from Moogle and WoL from WoL. I'm not sure if there's a trigger on it or if it's just luck that they showed up after I collected all their 4-stars.

Here's a subreddit I found for the game: https://www.reddit.com/r/tripletriadmobile
    I haven been farming those hard guys but I never saw one D:

I've managed a couple, but yeah, pretty fucking rare.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So there's this exploit going around on multiplayer for easy 5 stars. It's in the spoilers for those interested. I tried it. It does work for some stupid reason, but I guess it's better than just ending the game for both players completely.

Spoiler: show
    Start a multiplayer match. Enable airplane mode or anything to disrupt your connection. Then reconnect and the game should throw your opponent to auto mode, which means it's controlled by AI, which is clearly not as smart as another player.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

-Chance of 5 star cards appearing are greatly increased.*
    *The chance of 5 star cards being used when facing FINAL FANTASY protagonists in solo mode (on hard difficulty)
    So does anyone have any luck with these "greatly increased" cards? My wife and I got this on day one and pretty quickly worked our way through all of the NPCs on hard, and have since been farming them pretty regularly and I've seen a total of one 5 star, and she has seen two 5 stars.

I know the best way to get most of these is through versus mode, but holy hell is it ever a pain in the ass to get them while solo. I guess they really want people to play against each other more so than against NPCs.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    So does anyone have any luck with these "greatly increased" cards? My wife and I got this on day one and pretty quickly worked our way through all of the NPCs on hard, and have since been farming them pretty regularly and I've seen a total of one 5 star, and she has seen two 5 stars.

I know the best way to get most of these is through versus mode, but holy hell is it ever a pain in the ass to get them while solo. I guess they really want people to play against each other more so than against NPCs.
    Yeah...after getting a good 5 star collection from Versus mode, I've been on solo mode spamming Vaan to try and get the 5-star Ramza and Agrias cards. Still haven't seen either of them in about a good 30-40 wins. Everyone on Android in versus plays the same deck or close to it so it's hard to get some of the other 5 stars that aren't dissidia lightning, cloud, opera scene, etc.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can't get any wins in the multiplayer mode, everyone has full 5 star teams so they can just over power me lol. It's rough going

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Went through solo with little problem, RNG and all.
    Versus is lol, like stated above, everyone has full 5* teams.
    Hurrah for no middle ground - There should be a couple more levels of solo difficulty.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I started playing this game at the weekend. I like and hate versus. I like playing actual people, except we all have the same cards so the games mostly end in draws. I hate the fact that it autos most of the time and I have no clue why - is it on purpose by the other player? Or does it think I have a crappy connection and it defaults to this or something?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It autos if the other person disconnects I think. Which many people exploit.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My only gripe in Versus is that most people just place dissidia 5-star lightning in the upper right on the first move of the match. 9/10 times that ends up in a draw if playing the match to end. That makes me auto them out of annoyance every single time. I almost wish that I could make them waste a crystal for doing that. I'll put lightning in the upper right, but not on the first move. I'll bait other cards first to allow me to flip at least one other card with it.

As for Versus, people are starting to play other rulesets. I played a bunch of Reverse last night and it was a nice change of pace.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I just play roulette.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Starting to believe Cloud playing 2 of the same card is a glitch and I'm missing out on his 5*. Two Barrets or two Cait Sith's seem to be his most common doubles. Hell, everytime he goes first and lays a Cait in the upper right I know he has two of them ... its very recognizable.

I haven't ventured into online yet though, I've just been playing solo trying to get 5*'s that way. So far I have Lightning, Zidane, and Terra. I've seen 5* Squall played once but lost the match, entirely due to a fuck up in my thumb placement early on Q_Q Wish I could get more than 1 Energy every 30 minutes but I still play it every 2 and a half hours or so when it reminds me my crystals are charged.... a nice break from FFRK when I'm on the road.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sorry for the double but somethings off to me about the Gil purchases in Triple Triad as I was eyeballin' em. The pricing is either mislabeled or mispriced(Or bonus, I suck at math and my brain is missing something here). The prices on screen say

120 gil = 0.99 (Implying as a base, Gil = 120 per 1$)
    680 gil = 4.99 (in store as 480 + 200 Bonus)
    1460 gil = 9.99 (In store as 960 + 500 Bonus)
    3400 gil = 19.99 (In store as 2000 + 1400 Bonus)

So the 120 gil mentions no bonus gil, which means 120 gil is .99c. To make sense of this, round up to a 1$. so 120 gil = 1$... so 5$ worth of gil would be 600 gil, not 480 like the gil screen suggests. So you're only getting 80 bonus gil over buying 5x purchase of 120gil, not 200 bonus gil like the in game message tells you you are.

Based off the "base" values, bonuses not included, each tiers Gil per $ ration is as follows

0.99c purchase = 120 gil per $
    4.99$ purchase = 96 gil per $
    9.99 purchase = 96 gil per $
    19.99 purchase = 100 gil per $

So prices 5$ and 10$ are the same gil per, but 0.99c, the base value listing no "Bonus" is 120, and the 19.99 purchase rounds off at 100 gil per $ when not including the "Bonus" you receive. So, is it just... mislabeled? Because the 4.99 Purchase, if it was 480+200, the price would be correct if it was 3.99 (I.E 4$, which is 120x4 = 480), and the 9.99 purchase would be correct if it was 7.99 (7x120 = 960, the listed "Base" of the 9.99 purchase).

the 20.00 Purchase, however, has no correct Division of 120... but would be about 17$.

So what I'm getting at is the gil pricing in the Triple Triad game is all kinds of fucked up. Either the bonuses are mislabeled, they're misleading us to make us think we're getting better deals, or the prices are mislabeled.

Buying gems in bulk in RK isn't really a bargain, either. I'm just assuming they want to take advantage of lazy people not wanting to make a bunch of $1 purchases/worry about additional transaction fees.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Anniversary stream. SE is also giving away FFII through Valentine's day.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It says that if you download it you will be charged after the free download period ends. Not exactly free unless I'm reading it wrong.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    It says that if you download it you will be charged after the free download period ends. Not exactly free unless I'm reading it wrong.
    I think it's just restating that it being free is only temporary; it is saying if you download it after the period is over you have to pay. And if you get it for free and then delete it you won't be able to get it back again for free.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://xmail.square-enix.com/fe/vie...hPdSJ9fQ%3D%3D

English clarification that it's free to download during this period then it costs $$ to download afterwards.