1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

The problem is that everyone knows what kind of MMO this is but continues to bitch and whine for it to be something else. At this point it feels like you might as well be asking for FFXIV to become a racing game holy shit.

I know it's old but if you don't like it quit. So many other games out there that--while maybe not MMOs (or hell, even as MMOs)--you could definitely find something more suited to your tastes.

I won't lie, there is a part of me that would trade raiding entirely for significant weekly hildibrand updates.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I've said it before, people don't want the game to continue "succeeding" as a casual, faceroll, gated, cash shop nostalgia factory.

The problem is, it will.
    This isn't the problem. The problem is that we get an expansion that gives us a Savage raid that people haven't cleared in its entirety after 4 weeks, a greater ilvl range with more rungs on the ladder, dungeons that don't allow people to skip the majority of mobs and therefore take a bit longer to complete, a Live Letter that yet again confirms what we've been hearing for a long time that we are getting a new form of mid-tier endgame with "an old MMO-like feel" in the 3.x patch series (not to mention EU data centers, party TP display, consideration of dropping PvP GC restrictions, Triple Triad in the duty finder etc.), and people are still complaining that the devs don't listen and the game is sliding towards some sort of casual cash grab.

The problem is that there is literally nothing the devs can say or do that will convince these people that the game is going places. I'm so glad these people don't design games because they have no clue what they want.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    I'm so glad these people don't design games because they have no clue what they want.
    They know exactly what they want, FFXI with better graphics.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    They know exactly what they want, FFXI with better graphics.
    But they didn't even want FFXI when it was at its prime. People complained then about everything the devs did and I don't even want to imagine how much they'd moan if those things were tried now.

I still play and enjoy both.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Dev's can say what they want, bottom line is there aint shit to do cept cap then try alex savage or normal. If you are not doing savage I serious don't know why you would still play.

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    The problem is that there is literally nothing the devs can say or do that will convince these people that the game is going places. I'm so glad these people don't design games because they have no clue what they want.
    Probably because the game hasn't gone anywhere.

What little has been added since launch has mostly been "oh neat" and then forgotten a month later.

The fact that you think TP display a full two years and 1 expansion down the line is something to quote in the game's favor is hilarious.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    Dev's can say what they want, bottom line is there aint shit to do cept cap then try alex savage or normal. If you are not doing savage I serious don't know why you would still play.
    ^This exactly.

Most of those who are fine with this layout are extremely casual and barely play...Or they play a lot, but they use their imagination and roleplay while taking screenshots . After, they will log off to draw pictures about what they imagined and roleplayed then upload it all to imgur, link it on Reddit and say that their girlfriend did it.

people find enjoyment in different places while playing video games??? surely you jest!

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just have a Savage variant of all new content, then we can't bicker about the ping-ponging of raid update & casual update.
    Spoiler: show
    The casuals will still whine that the Savage shit will offer +10-20 iLvl gear over the normal stuff, but whatever, casuals don't need that shit if they're not doing it anyways

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I've said it before, people don't want the game to continue "succeeding" as a casual, faceroll, gated, cash shop nostalgia factory.

The problem is, it will.
    And I've said it before: the hardcores and us BGers pay no more per month than the most casual of player. All money speaks the same language, for better or for worse.

Destinye has the right of it: when the money (or lack thereof) speaks a different language - the language you speak - SE will respond to you.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    I really have no clue what people do in this game if they don't raid. I raid, and I've done everything else to death (except chocobo racing, really.) and I still can barely justify paying monthly for this game. It feels like I'm giving them money for a F2P game personally.

The only reason I could see casuals still paying for the game is if they haven't reached endgame yet. But there are plenty who have, and I don't know what they do. Cap points so they can use the gear to cap more points, maybe level another job? Battle content is scarce which is really bad.

I hate to be the guy that says "this game just needs to be FFXI-2", but fuck, we need more battle content types, and we need them to have meaningful rewards for more than one or two patches. I love the gameplay but I hate the feeling that I have nothing fun to do when I log in.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I really have no clue what people do in this game if they don't raid. I raid, and I've done everything else to death (except chocobo racing, really.) and I still can barely justify paying monthly for this game. It feels like I'm giving them money for a F2P game personally.

The only reason I could see casuals still paying for the game is if they haven't reached endgame yet. But there are plenty who have, and I don't know what they do. Cap points so they can use the gear to cap more points, maybe level another job? Battle content is scarce which is really bad.

I hate to be the guy that says "this game just needs to be FFXI-2", but fuck, we need more battle content types, and we need them to have meaningful rewards for more than one or two patches. I love the gameplay but I hate the feeling that I have nothing fun to do when I log in.
    Thank you

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Preach!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Just have a Savage variant of all new content, then we can't bicker about the ping-ponging of raid update & casual update.
    Spoiler: show
    The casuals will still whine that the Savage shit will offer +10-20 iLvl gear over the normal stuff, but whatever, casuals don't need that shit if they're not doing it anyways
    I'd be happy with a Savage version of what will be CT this patch. Its only fair as they wasted dev time doing a Casual Raid version of Alexander this time round.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

People say this and seem to conveniently forget that FFXI's endgame was like it was because the game sat at the same level cap of 75 for most of its life. Until they raised the level cap past that, gear never really got outdated and people were running the same events for years while some expansions added on a few more things every couple of years. What you guys want isn't feasible anymore and only worked because SE never had to keep the old events up to date when things never really changed. Even if XIV found some way to add enough battle-content to keep everyone happy, they'd have to constantly update a growing list of events all the time and I doubt that'd be feasible or cost effective.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I really have no clue what people do in this game if they don't raid.
    Really the only way to extend your weekly playtime is to craft/gather. My FC in particular tends to hunt EX ponies or run clears of old content. They do express interest in savage whenever it's brought up, but very few are willing to grind the gear to get ready for it.

I've mentioned this before, but playing this MMO in a hardcore fashion seems unfeasible, especially if you're not into crafting/gathering (which a large majority of the community is not). Thing is, I don't think this is seen as a negative, especially towards players who only play like 10-14 hours a week. I'm willing to look at the other side of things and say for a casual player they won't feel the content drought until they become detached to the shineys that Square throws at them. Personally, I don't think I'd be on the game right now if getting the crafts to 60 wasn't such a pain in the ass.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I'm willing to look at the other side of things and say for a casual player they won't feel the content drought until they become detached to the shineys that Square throws at them. Personally, I don't think I'd be on the game right now if getting the crafts to 60 wasn't such a pain in the ass.
    Would you say it's kind of the same thing with crafting? I've been watching my friend get her crafts to 60 and camp nodes all day erry day for scrips and I keep wondering "for what?" Gil? I've never felt any need for gil. Accessibility to dope recipes? I guess I haven't noticed much worth crafting.

I'll tell you why I keep logging in: a sense of obligation to my raid group. And the faint hope that something super interesting will suddenly happen. I think you're 100% correct that the game (and most/all other modern MMOs?) don't really support the hardcore commitment these days.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Really, the only thing crafting is worth a damn for is penta-melded accessories, and it's only a matter of time before those become obsoleted through whatever means SE decides. It's the sole reason why I started crafting since I'm a tank and crafting my own stuff would be a boon. I'm just going all the way with it because, well, I got nothing better to do.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Dein View Post
    People say this and seem to conveniently forget that FFXI's endgame was like it was because the game sat at the same level cap of 75 for most of its life. Until they raised the level cap past that, gear never really got outdated and people were running the same events for years while some expansions added on a few more things every couple of years. What you guys want isn't feasible anymore and only worked because SE never had to keep the old events up to date when things never really changed. Even if XIV found some way to add enough battle-content to keep everyone happy, they'd have to constantly update a growing list of events all the time and I doubt that'd be feasible or cost effective.
    While this is true especially in a tiny low man or close knit group, given the horizontal nature of the gear combined with a farm nature/horrendous drop rates of the highly desired pieces (which was relevant or useful due to gear swapping), plus also some of the gating, meant there was always something to constantly work towards to in a multitude of areas, or to help your team with. And that's before factoring in HNM camping.

I know what you mean (that we were doing the same thing over and over) but at the same time it took a very long time to cap on any event.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast