Thread: Until Dawn     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Until Dawn

Kinda surprised there's no topic on it, unless my search skills are abysmal.

Anywho, having tons of fun with the game. Every time I think I know what's going on, I get thrown for a loop. Most of the characters are pretty decent and the ones I don't care for I can just kill off.

So, anyone else playing?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

No you're right, no previous topic. I wasn't able to guage if this was something BG was interested in.
    From what I've read, the game is short, but I haven't heard any other ill will.

Don't screw up QTES because you think they're funny. I wanted to do that with one while running and I took too long and someone got offed :<

It was humorous to watch him get hit by everything though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    No you're right, no previous topic. I wasn't able to guage if this was something BG was interested in.
    From what I've read, the game is short, but I haven't heard any other ill will.
    Eh, my first playthrough was around 8 hours or so. Length kinda depends on how fast people die lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

There is potentially hundreds of endings from all of the choices that can be made.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Censored in Japan

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just got finished playing first play through. Definitely a must to have friends with you when playing this atleast once. I jumped and screamed so many times lol.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Agree. My brother watched most of my first playthrough. I think I only jumped once, but he jumped maybe 20 times. It was just the best watching freak out.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is a bit of a late bump, but I'm surprised more people weren't into this game. I just got back from vacation so finally got into it the last couple of nights, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

You know those scenes in video games where they scream at you to hurry up because you're trying to rush somewhere to save/stop someone, but there's not actually really a rush because no matter how long it takes you, you'll still get there just in the nick of time? Or there's a countdown clock and if you run out of time, it's "Game Over" and you just replay the scene over and over until you get it right?

In this game, if you're trying to save someone and you take too long or make too many QTE mistakes, they die. And you don't know they die until you get to the end scene, and it's not like you get to start over; they're just dead and gone for the rest of the game. I had two situations like this last night, and the death(s) evoked a genuine emotional reaction from me, because I had failed to save them. It's been a long time (ever?) since I've had that reaction from a game. I almost never play through games multiple times, but I'm already looking forward to playing through a second time to try and fix what I did wrong, and I'm only on hour #5.

Great, involving game, highly recommended. Unless you really hate jump scares, because there's a lot of those. Or if you're a huge trophy hunter, because there's not a huge number of those, and I haven't earned any of them yet 3-4 hours into the game.

I played it with a friend. Every time they swapped characters we passed the remote. It was perfect.

Ridill
    BG Level

Great game, terrific story, and really good voice acting.

I think you're wrong about the taking your time thing being able to kill characters though, Byrd.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There is 1 part for sure that if you take the cautious path and move slowly the person dies and its avoidable otherwise cause i watched my cousin play after i finished my play through and he lost someone i didn't because of taking it slow.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Two Best Friends finished their LP of it last night, it's a pretty fun watch.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I think I have an unhealthy obsession with this game haha. 2 complete playthroughs and it will be my first platinum trophy on the next (messed up on the "kill all" one by accidentally saving someone). But I've also watched several LPs on twitch and YouTube. Its just a fun experience watching different people make different decisions and seeing their reactions.

But I have to say, the game is pretty amazing. Lots of choices that can be made giving you different events and conversations throughout the game which i like since it lets you play through multiple times to see and hear everything. Voice acting is pretty top notch, even though the dialogue can be a bit weird sometimes. But its also part of its charm. Kind of makes fun of itself and the whole "stupid teens in a horror setting". Was impressed by the graphics as well. Lighting looks amazing in most scenes and the camera angles gave me the nostalgic RE feeling...just not as annoying since you don't really run and gun in this game.

tldr: honestly one of my favorite games, highly recommend people at least give it a chance.

Ridill
    BG Level

Camera angles were all great. They should put whoever was in charge of them a job working on RE2 Remake.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10/...iming-options/

The game got a 10.41GB update today. Bug fixes and new content added.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What kind of horror is it? Supernatural, monsters, zombies, serial killer, or ...?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Serial killer