+ Reply to Thread
    Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Help needed in the Seattle area.

My Mrs. has asked me to light the BG signal.

So, we're moving to our first house (yay!).

And we had scheduled some movers to help us get out of here by the end of the month, to save about a grand on September rent (yay!).

Then the movers said they'd be late (somewhat understandable-- we just had a massive storm here yesterday). Okay. That was at 12:00, for a 12:30 appointment-- they said they'd be an hour late. Then emailed us at 1:30, said they were almost here. Okay, still doable. Then... we called them at 3:00. "Oh, sorry. We had to eat; didn't realize the time, but we're a couple blocks away" Less okay. Then... nothing. No emails, they will not pick up when we call, nothing.

Crap.

End of the month, and every mover we've contacted is either closed, or fully booked (not surprising).

So, I can rent a truck, but I have bad knees and a bad back, and my Mrs. has a heart condition. I can do some of the moving-- most of it, with boxes and such. But I can't do heavy stuff alone, and she cannot help. If ANYONE in the Seattle area can help with this, please please please let me know. We can cover gas, a meal, can pay you for your time, all that jazz. We just need out of here by tomorrow-- our walk through is at 12:30 in the afternoon.

Send me a PM, or reply here if you can help, and I can get you my contact info so we can arrange something.

Thanks.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

If I was in your area I would so help. I really hope some peeps come through for you!

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Dude, that's total bullshit. I hope you get some help.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

make sure to hit up Craigslist if you havent yet

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Update:

So, about 10 minutes after posting this, and asking Craig's List, I took a breather and posted a rather scathing review on Yelp. Within 5 minutes of posting that review-- low and behold, they call us. "Oh, man. We locked our keys in the truck and AAA wouldn't come unlock a commercial vehicle, so we had to break the windows, but you're the FIRST people we called! We can be there in 10 minutes, and we'll give you two hours of labor at no cost!"

So, we took 'em up on it. Went smooth from there. At the end, "I hope we did enough to earn a good review from you."

I've been skeptical that those kinds of things make a difference-- I'd guess with like, Walmart and megacorps it probably doesn't, but for a small local place, it got their attention fast, and they took a steep discount to try and earn it back. I'm still kind of pissed, because now I'm working until 3 am to get my place cleaned up post-move-out, instead of being in bed 4 hours ago, but at least I got everything done.

Thanks for the tip on Craig's List, and thanks to the locals who sent an offer-- I didn't see them until after this whole thing was done, but I really, really appreciate it. Thanks BG.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

glad it (somewhat) worked out. Moving is such a fucking nightmare

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If I ever have to move again, I've decided I'm only bringing what can fit in a duffel bag.