1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I hope to god there's no lockout bullshit. We're already dealing with RNG and possibly claiming problems.

I'm wondering what we can gather there though. The next tier of maps would be cool.
    If there's even the tinest amount of progression to be had with this system it will be gated to hell and back in some fashion even if it's a type of "fatigue" system that just happens to last a week and your little mammet dude is like: "OK, I'VE RECHARGED AFTER A WEEK, LET'S DO THIS!" or "Suddenly, after a week, your treasure hunting senses have returned and you can now see the treasure chests dropped by the monsters!"

Something is going to be applied to keep us busy till 3.2. If there's no lock, it'd be surprising but considering the pacing of 3.0 so far, it makes a bit of sense to have some kind of cooldown applied because handing us current ilvl gear like candy is suspicious unless they pull a First Coil and boost current Savage Alexander ilvl and stats. The randomized stats and glamor is the icing because you can probably get an ilvl210 High Allagan set in metallic silver or something with superior stats to your Gordian gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why would they gate this content? The drops are random and i210 is not guaranteed to drop.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Why would they gate this content? The drops are random and i210 (that you want) is not guaranteed to drop.
    Sounds kind of like Savage Alex. It's more that I don't see a reason why they wouldn't gate everything. Have to pad that lifespan somehow.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I mean the gated crafting...CRAFTING. You are literally gated from crafting noting lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Why would they gate this content? The drops are random and i210 is not guaranteed to drop.
    As said, they even gated crafting. Everything is gated except for Poetics and Law tome gear. Even Ravana is gated behind Bismarck Ex. I mean, guaranteed or not..I expect it to be gated simply because everything progressively has been in HW so far.

I'd hope it wasn't..but it pads the lifespan if they force us to "take a break" from it to the point you won't get anything good/done until the next update is prepping to drop.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

tbh, they seem to be gating it with RNG this time, which would be a nice change of pace. I suspect 210 gear, particularly with the exact stats you want, will be quite rare and require some time investment to acquire, not to mention if you're some sort of glamour addict you'll be farming for centuries just trying to get the exact combination you want (if it really is random recolored sets of old armors). Don't see why they'd put any further gating on it besides the RNG element unless they're even more fucktarded than I could ever imagine.

There's also the implied gate of respawn times. There will be tons of people doing this, especially since EVERYONE can access it rather than just people who put in the resources to get FC airships. It'll probably end up worse than hunts in that regard.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If their housing situation wasn't complete ass, they could have gated it behind FCs. Whether that's a good thing or not depends on how important you feel FCs should be in the grand scheme of things. If the NMs spawn and roam around similar to how hunt marks do right now... let the tears flow if GW ever starts tracking them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It depends alot on how random the random is in this content but I think any gate is going to be minor and probably along the lines of spend some GC seals for a airship ticket or something. Finding the NMs, w/e their pop timers are plus the random nature of the drops and the stat allocation already seems like plenty of time sink to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    If the NMs spawn and roam around similar to how hunt marks do right now... let the tears flow if GW ever starts tracking them.
    I'm really hoping they won't make the same mistakes and just make this a variant of Hunts but with SE can never get your hopes up to high....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

None of that content has this level of RNG: Alex Savage always drops i210 and tokens. This is not only going to drop gear with randomized stats but also randomized item levels. It's already gated in a way but this time you should be able to just go in whenever you want.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't gated but is a massive grind, this seems to be replacing hunts.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I would much strongly prefer an arbitrary massive grind. In all honesty, lockouts have been killing this game.

If content had much more sustainability this wouldn't be a problem.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Lack of lockouts would be nice - It would be cool to be able to do some content while waiting for a non shitter bard to suddenly exist on Odin

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah if it was something you can do all the time it would be great to just log in see whos on then go kill some nm's for loot on non raid days.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    tbh, they seem to be gating it with RNG this time, which would be a nice change of pace. I suspect 210 gear, particularly with the exact stats you want, will be quite rare and require some time investment to acquire, not to mention if you're some sort of glamour addict you'll be farming for centuries just trying to get the exact combination you want (if it really is random recolored sets of old armors). Don't see why they'd put any further gating on it besides the RNG element unless they're even more fucktarded than I could ever imagine.

There's also the implied gate of respawn times. There will be tons of people doing this, especially since EVERYONE can access it rather than just people who put in the resources to get FC airships. It'll probably end up worse than hunts in that regard.

Well at i210 secondaries blow chunks. Unless the main stats are random which they won't be.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I dare not hope for this, but it would be amazing to see [airship event] drop aetherial gear that is:

semi-random iLVL
    either DoW/STR+DEX, or DoM/INT+MND
    two random secondary stats

That would greatly reduce the frequency of getting gear you can't use and focus the Diablo rando-drop grind on getting the iLVL/secondaries you want, instead of getting an i210 piece with perfect secondaries but having to toss it because it's for NIN and you're a BRD.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    In all honesty, lockouts have been killing this game.
    I really don't mind the lockouts on this game at all; I think caps are far worse. The problems with this game's lockouts only comes from the vertical nature and weekly timeframe, so widening that is perfectly good in my book. It wasn't as big a deal that Dynamis/Einherjar/Limbus all had 72 hour lockouts because you could cycle doing one each night, or pick and choose which to do but still be playing multiple nights a week. But here once you get to the point you're clearing weekly in one night, you're stuck with 6 days of nothing else to do.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I really don't mind the lockouts on this game at all; I think caps are far worse.
    it's the same thing

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    it's the same thing
    ^ They're essentially the same thing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I really don't mind the lockouts on this game at all; I think caps are far worse. The problems with this game's lockouts only comes from the vertical nature and weekly timeframe, so widening that is perfectly good in my book. It wasn't as big a deal that Dynamis/Einherjar/Limbus all had 72 hour lockouts because you could cycle doing one each night, or pick and choose which to do but still be playing multiple nights a week. But here once you get to the point you're clearing weekly in one night, you're stuck with 6 days of nothing else to do.

Didn't they say they were doing a "hand in" type system to hand in gear you don't like to get tokens to get gear you do like?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Didn't they say they were doing a "hand in" type system to hand in gear you don't like to get tokens to get gear you do like?
    you can get rid of stuff you don't like for points that's for sure, what you can do with it is completely unknown.