+ Reply to Thread
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

OCRemix's Final Fantasy 9 Album

Friend showed it to me and I've not been on there for ages. For those that enjoyed Voices of the Lifestream this should be enjoyable too.

Not downloaded it myself yet but looking at the track list it's already impressive. Can't wait til I get home.

http://ff9.ocremix.org/

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

OOOooooooh nice find, ill be all over this tonight

Probably doesn't help that I don't rank IX too highly on my personal FF list, but this collection seems pretty forgettable. Suffers a lot from the usual OCR problems of maybe taking a couple seconds of chords from a song and slapping it onto 3+ minutes of random wank and calling it a remix. Then it's a general proliferation of metal or techno/dubstep. What tracks with vocals there were didn't jump out like the VI and the Opera scene did. Though, I guess points to the one that reminded me of Number One from Bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Probably doesn't help that I don't rank IX too highly on my personal FF list, but this collection seems pretty forgettable. Suffers a lot from the usual OCR problems of maybe taking a couple seconds of chords from a song and slapping it onto 3+ minutes of random wank and calling it a remix. Then it's a general proliferation of metal or techno/dubstep. What tracks with vocals there were didn't jump out like the VI and the Opera scene did. Though, I guess points to the one that reminded me of Number One from Bleach.
    ^ haven't listened to more than a dozen so far, but blegh at all the metallification of songs that were never meant to go there. Hoping there's a gem or two but the power went out, so... "Maybe Tomorrow"! /xenosaga

K, listened to the rest. It's all crap.

Maybe we should just post actual good remixes instead to save this thread.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Listened to this for a bit at work 2 days ago.

Got a headache, then I stopped.

My head still hurts.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeh sorry guys it's not as good as I thought it could potentially be

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've been checking their site basically every day since the announcement of the project in 2010.
    Almost all 56 tracks were complete by 2012, but one artist (a judge on the website, DJPretzel) kept it in a 3 year purgatory while everyone waited for him to submit his final .wav for his own claimed track.
    What a tremendous shame. This album was supposed to bring as much traffic as Voices of the Lifestream did. Thought of making this thread myself when they announced the 09/09/15 launch date earlier in the summer. Kinda glad I didn't. Poor artists.

Edit: Meh. There's a few gems.