1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

can confirm it's an absolute shitshow over here. thank god i only care about getting my hand of mercy title.

good people like Caj Two and Hana Shizuka hardly ever log in anymore

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Hana still plays, as well as Isma, but both of them switched to mael again as well lol. And seeing Esdeath recently switch over as well, it was like gg adders for sure. Caj usually rolled with Kisada but both of them don't pvp anymore Pretty much all the behemoth adder vets either rarely queue now, or don't play at all.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

pretty sure once I ask Lumina Saionji to switch with me it'll be geegee. You should join us!

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

you guys switching from adder? and I switched to mael about 3 weeks ago lol I miss my homie lumina tho

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

he's busy with school and stuff. I switched yesterday. PROBABLY NEVER COMING BACK

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

hopefully lumina will start pvping again once he's not busy with irl stuff. I've actually been tempted to go back to adders just for the queues but I'ma just stick with mael lol

I mean, lots of time, I can go shower, take trash out, fix something to eat and still come back to no queue, whereas with adder, I get afraid just to grab a drink due to how fast they are.

Cassalot

I knew Adders were quick but damn lol figured it would still take 10 mins.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

the thing is, I'm not really exaggerating for the most part, basing this off most my experiences while on adder. The majority of the times, queues will be like 5min, though usually within 2min of leaving matches asap, whereas here and there you'll get queues that'll exceed 10min. A few times I'd queue with 2-3 others and the queues were still pretty fast, whereas on mael, you'll probably be looking at hour+ queues.

I lost count of the amount of times where I'd leave a match, queue up, go to the bathroom, and comeback to my pvp queue being at like 10sec or less lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

pretty big trade off. guess it depends on what you really want out of pvp.

go to battle with scrubs on demand? or actually win majority games once an hour? man, i bet when adders were actually good it must have been annoying as hell to wait that long on mael and lose.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

the only reason I don't mind the queues that much atm is because it gives me time/an excuse to finally play some of my handheld games which I usually put off for a long time, could barely do this on adder due to fast queue times.

But yea, that's basically what it comes down to. Last night I started to get really fast queues, about sub 10min. My biggest issues with maelstrom queues isn't exactly the long wait times, its the times where you seem to just get fucking stuck in queue forever and sometimes re-queuing doesn't always fix the issue, this is when I get extremely annoyed cause this shit only happens on maelstrom for me.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Spuki Bugi
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Has anyone gotten from rank 1 to 50 just by doing Seal Rock? How long would that even take?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

yeah these queue times are fucking unreal. It's nice to win once in a while but shit man, I'm trying to get this Hand of Mercy title and I already realized that switching factions was a mistake. I even had to do an Expert run to cap tomes last week. :/

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

Quote Originally Posted by Spuki View Post
    Has anyone gotten from rank 1 to 50 just by doing Seal Rock? How long would that even take?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kMs/edit#gid=6

You need like 755 matches to reach rank 50 if you dont count any daily/challenge log exp and have an even split between 1st,2nd and 3rd place. Time spent will really depend on your queue times.
    I switched GCs shortly after Seal Rock came out and i am about to hit rank 50 this week.

Once you reach the higher ranks and can see the end it feels much faster but doing those first 45 ranks without really getting anything out of it really sucks.

After having not done any PvP since.....a long fucking time I started to try seal rock and remembered why I stopped doing PvP a long time ago.

Spoiler: show
    Also it's kind of funny when you're in a situation where someone is so obviously and blatantly fleehacking, I didn't know people still did that.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The other day we had what seemed like a party of flames ninjas hiding outside spawns killing people which provided a welcome change of pace. kudos.

Also you can see the battle highs on the map for the hidden ninja lol.

Cassalot

I finished Summoner last night and I can't wait to try it in pvp. Im usually a Black Mage. I'm going to miss sleeping people

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

98% of the time the person I sleep had Purify or gets hit immediately anyways.

That means they don't have it for when you Bind/Heavy them then.

(or re-sleep them)

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm tired of seeing the Flames get sandwiched and murdered on my data center, because god fucking forbid we hold the one of the two nodes that's not as easily accessed by both sides.

God forbid we stick together as an alliance also so we don't have a situation where we're spread between three nodes we claimed, and then lose all three + feed the other team points because they come stomp each node with 16+ people. Tag that shit as they spawn for some bonus points, then move to the easiest to defend one, possibly extend from there.

I already keep burning my MP every match on AST just mashing instant-Adlo on anyone in the alliance within range. Must suck to be a controller user in there.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nope just sucks for people not in my party

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast